Anyone using Cannatrol yet?

biby94g

The website literally mentions taking the ' bro science ' out of your guesswork..damn Yankslol

If you didnt want to spend much you could look at DIY curing buckets, plenty of walkthroughs to make one. Probably do one for the next crop, since I loves me a lidded bucket:pitchfork:

• Like 1

What a load of terp wank cock. How bad does the inflation have to be across the pond to justify $2100 to substitute for a stack dryer, some paper bags, and maybe a CVault if you're fancy about it. I expect the weed hi-fi set's going to lap this up however, good for the manufacturer that they're keeping prices high while demand is strong and no-one's cloned their innovation yet.

27 minutes ago, Hazeytones said:

That's not bad actually I'd have thought it would be less, maybe a bar at most. I take it you trim before putting it in?

The less you put in, the quicker it will dry, but yeah I reckon I could stack a pound without it being too densely packed to dry.  A nine IS a much more sensible load though.  Personally I thought 10 oz (dry result) of weed was optimal.

I followed the majority on the thread this first run, trimming off the fan leaves only and dry trimming afterwards. My feeling is that next time I will wet trim - especially yes, if I need to fit more in.  I think my reasoning is sound:

The main reason to dry trim is to prevent the dry occurring too quickly and to protect the buds.  Since you have absolute control over the temperature and humidity in the wine cooler curing box (as long as external temperatures remain below 27C) there is no reason why the dry would happen too quickly unless you really pushed it. I believe Mindsoup who I find very easy to follow and read extends his dry to 3 - 4 weeks to get the very best slow dry benefits possible.

Wet trimming is generally easier in my opinion, easier to get to the leaves and stems as they are standing proud, it also means there is less chance of shaking off trichomes as you work.  The buds might stick to the shelves (or chip cooking sheets on the shelves) more readily as they dry if wet trimmed, but in all other ways, I think it would be better, so that is how I am going to try it next time.

I might add I think the majority prefer to dry trim still using this approach, but I like to pretend I am a bit of a maverick lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biby94g said:

You have the cannatrol?

No siree, I was talking about in the Winecooler conversion cooler which is ostensibly a DIY version of the cannatrol.

• Like 1

Cannatrols are  rip off. They actually just use an off the shelf wine fridge.

Think each fridge I've built stands me at about 200 quid each. 

I dunno about the cannatrol but the homemade drying fridges I made make a huge difference to the end quality of bud. 

And I mean huge. Unless you can dry in perfect conditions without it which is night on impossible it will make a massive difference. 

Bud dried at 13-16 degrees with perfect humidity is world apart from Bud dried at say 18+ and God knows what humidity.

Vocs stay intact like you wouldnt believe even opening new nuances and dimensions to cuts. 

And the beauty is it doesn't matter whether its a heatwave or freezing cold outside. What humidity your central heating is drying the air out to etc or any of the other things that effect the perfect dry, with a well tuned drying fridge its always perfect and results always exactly consistent.

Best money I've ever spent on anything canna related for results.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Cannatrols are  rip off. They actually just use an off the shelf wine fridge.

Think each fridge I've built stands me at about 200 quid each. 

I dunno about the cannatrol but the homemade drying fridges I made make a huge difference to the end quality of bud. 

And I mean huge. Unless you can dry in perfect conditions without it which is night on impossible it will make a massive difference. 

Bud dried at 13-16 degrees with perfect humidity is world apart from Bud dried at say 18+ and God knows what humidity.

Vocs stay intact like you wouldnt believe even opening new nuances and dimensions to cuts. 

And the beauty is it doesn't matter whether its a heatwave or freezing cold outside. What humidity your central heating is drying the air out to etc or any of the other things that effect the perfect dry, with a well tuned drying fridge its always perfect and results always exactly consistent.

Best money I've ever spent on anything canna related for results.

Yes and thanks to posts like (and and including) yours, I am sharing the joy.  The only limitation for me is that once external temps climb over 27C / 28C the temperature in the fridge starts to rise.  It's pretty easy to avoid those times of year though :)

On 28/09/2023 at 11:46 AM, Brysee said:

4 days to dry and 4 days to cure and you have to put a wet sponge in on second day of drying 

What a load of rubbish 

And lock that chlorophyll in lollol 

Yeah, I can't see the Cannatrol / Winecooler dry/cure solution working well that quickly.  For me, it is about trying to get a slow cool dry.  Saying all that, Ed Rosental has a commercial dry freezer endorsement that he says produces absolutely awesomely dried weed in a day.  Go figure.  I can't see Ed lying about that.