Happy Accidental Cross

DeltaMelter

A few grows back I had a bit of an accident with a light leak near a zipper (oo-er missus). This lead to my RGSC Killer Orange going a bit, well..hermie. This S1 Killer Orange pollinated the Disco Biscuit right next door to it.

Now I had no real idea if these seeds would be viable but I kept 4 of the best looking ones. Throwing caution to the wind I popped one for this run just to see what I would get. I figured being as it had "2 Mums" it would be a female and I was just hoping it wouldn't herm.

Just starting week 7 of Flower and she's looking pretty good:

large.Killer-Disco-a.jpg

She looks like her Disco Biscuit mum but maybe a bit slimmer and the dark leaves and bud structure are very DB. The smel though is a mix of the two and that's great, Disco Biscuit funk with the very specific sweetness of the Killer Orange behind it. Can't wait to smoke this.

Calyx swelling begins

Buds are looking pukka with some bright pistils still left, I reckon she will be in the harvest window in 2 weeks. Hoping for some more swelling but she has those viney stems so will be flopping about in no time. YoYo's ahoy.

large.Killer-Disco-b.jpg

You can see some purple in there too from the Disco Biscuit so no doubt she will fade to a dark purple with any luck.

large.Killer-Disco-c.jpg

Reducing the nutes this week (week 7) with an aim to taper them down to harvest.

• Like 13

I did take a cut and I might run her again but will see how she smokes first. Very happy with this little accident so far as Killer Orange and Disco Biscuit are two of my better smokes that I've grown.

I think the name Killer Disco is appropriate so that's what I'm calling her :)

• Like 5

Just for reference here are the "parents" of the Killer Disco

Disco Biscuit Mum

large.DiscoBiscuit-Day63c.jpg

Killer Orange (Real Gorilla Seeds)

large.Killer-Orange-Day59.jpg

Thanks for reading!

• Like 11

I know this was not intentional and I'm no breeder that's for sure! but for anyone fancying a go at making your own beans all I can say is [Shia LaBeouf voice] JUST DO IT

Sadly, I lost both of these mums too so it's nice to have a throwback and I'm hoping the smoke will have the poke of the Killer Orange with the flavour of the DB.

Will add a smoke report and more pics closer to harvest.

• Like 7

What’s the killer orange like @DeltaMelter? The old ‘too strong’ bumpf nearly worked on me. But the Malawi and agent Orange are equalising the push pull effect. It’d have to wait but £25 should become available soon enough …

• Like 1

I cant speak for the killer orange used here but the ones I have grown(especially the last) have been very powerful, it doesnt scare me but I can imagine some people getting out of their comfort zone. No orange ime though, much more malawi/GG flavoured, quite unusual.

e2a murder on the dancefloor would be my choice of name for a killer orange x disco cross.

Edited by erbivore9
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

What’s the killer orange like @DeltaMelter? The old ‘too strong’ bumpf nearly worked on me. But the Malawi and agent Orange are equalising the push pull effect. It’d have to wait but £25 should become available soon enough …

Well worth a punt, I know they aren't "cheap" beans at £25 for 6 but they are worth a fiver each imho. I would pop all 6 as even though it's an S1 there might be a bit of variation in them, mine seemed to be very compact with tight buds, she was short too!

large.killer-orange.jpg

For me it was one of the first things that I grew that was stronger than most of the Indica strains I had run to that point. Deffo an up-and-active strain but I have a pretty high tolerance so "too strong" for me usually wipes most other tokers out and I'll bet you are the same. I did cain the lot before it was cured, didn't yield a huge amount as she was short but she yielded well for a shorty so a longer veg would have helped. Not many grows or diaries on this one either which is a shame. Mine had a really unique (very Orange) flavour a bit like a dried-out Jaffa Cake and the buds were little Sativa like spears when done but they were solid and not airy. Felt stronger than most of the other strains I had (probably why it went so quick) and was very easy to smoke in a joint and lovely vaped.

I would grab another pack and run them again if I didn't already have a bunch of grows already planned and more seeds that I have time to sow!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, erbivore9 said:

I cant speak for the killer orange used here but the ones I have grown(especially the last) have been very powerful, it doesnt scare me but I can imagine some people getting out of their comfort zone. No orange ime though, much more malawi/GG flavoured, quite unusual.

Interesting! definitely worth searching through them then for different phenos as mine was a very orangey (I guess Malawi leaning) pheno and didn't have much of the GG traits or any "gas" if you know what I mean.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DeltaMelter said:

I know this was not intentional and I'm no breeder that's for sure! but for anyone fancying a go at making your own beans all I can say is [Shia LaBeouf voice] JUST DO IT

That's no joke m8! It's great fun seeing the horticultural equivalent of your babies take off and display all kinds of traits at random, and being the first to have this particular cross in your garden. Even if it's always a dice toss pheno hunt, but that's also good fun.

• Like 1

Cool :)  I like "murder on the dancefloor" too. I got some seeds when a Tangie sprouted a couple of nanas and sprayed a Sunshine Daydream, I threw them away though. Tangerine Dream would be nice, lol.

• Like 1

I love Murder on the Dancefloor.

Went through so many daft combos for fun, Orange Biscuits, Killer Biscuits, Disco Killer - some are a bit like the titles for an 80's slasher movie in a disco but Murder on the Dancefloor takes the, er... biscuit.

Mmmmm Sophie Ellis-Bextor

• Like 1

Into week 8 now, Calyx swelling but not much more bulking looking at the pics.

large.MOTD-week8a.jpg

Still plenty of bright green pistils a poppin' - looks a bit more like her Disco Biscuit mum each day.

large.MOTD-week8b.jpg

Smells are a bit random, some days its more Killer Orange but the Disco Biscuit terps are just so strong that its more like rubber/plimsole mixed with hash and orange. Like some dark chocolate with oprangey bits, hard to describe!

• Like 6