Keep photoperiods small and discreet

Celtic voyager

I think its more about manipulating them as opposed to pot size mate.  

Last year i did 1ltr pots of Super 61 ,  Mac & Crack  , Ice Cool  .... all but the Ice Cool ended up bushy 4footers -  pics in last years diary mate.  

My own normal girls  -  i dropped from 20 ltrs down to  7 1/2 to 10 ltr pots -  the last 2 yrs garden girls ..even the big ones were in 7 1/2 ltr pots.  

So im more inclined to say its what you do to keep them down & bushier ,  manipulation for the win in my opinion.

Im a pot addict in the garden and not a fan of in the ground , like you i can move them around / chase the sun / seal the pot and control the rain water ingress to suit me and reduce the risk of rot a tad ,  so like you im more than happy in pots.     In the ground i cant control things as much.  

All the best with it mate

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

Last year i did 1ltr pots of Super 61 ,  Mac & Crack  , Ice Cool  .... all but the Ice Cool ended up bushy 4footers -  pics in last years diary mate.  

My own normal girls  -  i dropped from 20 ltrs down to  7 1/2 to 10 ltr pots -  the last 2 yrs garden girls ..even the big ones were in 7 1/2 ltr pots.  

So im more inclined to say its what you do to keep them down & bushier ,  manipulation for the win in my opinion.

Im a pot addict in the garden and not a fan of in the ground , like you i can move them around / chase the sun / seal the pot and control the rain water ingress to suit me and reduce the risk of rot a tad ,  so like you im more than happy in pots.     In the ground i cant control things as much.  

Thanks oldford 

When you say manipulation, would I get away with just topping them, to keep them around the 3 to 4ft size?

I really do like the thought of using 10lt post

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Celtic voyager said:

Thanks oldford 

When you say manipulation, would I get away with just topping them, to keep them around the 3 to 4ft size?

I really do like the thought of using 10lt post

Low stress train, like bend them over and tie them down, grow them horizontal instead of up, along with the topping

• Like 3

@Celtic voyager      I love my little screw eyelets  , splay them &  tie them down  , topping helps but its a personal thing ,   tie them down and keep the shape you want :yep:

All my last years were small pots,  this years the majority are 10ltrs filled with about 7.5 / 8 ltrs ,    cuttings & broking bits go into 1 ltrs and still offer a worthy effort mate

I find topping offers smaller heads but multiples ... kind of hedging you bets against the rot :yep:    Works for me.     This year they are all au natural ...see how it plays lol  

• Like 3

On 26-9-2023 at 9:04 PM, OldFord said:

yes...and in smaller pots they are known to go in flouwer 1 or 2 weeks more early. :) 

• Like 3