Keep photoperiods small and discreet

Celtic voyager

Afternoon all 

I planning on running a number of different strains of photos for my next growing adventure in the garden.

I'd like to keep them as small as possible, for discretion.

What would members recommend for the smallest pot, I'm not  worried about yields or anything like that. 

• Like 4

why in pots?...small pots need near dayly watering....not handy in gg...

the later you plant out in gg soil....the smaller they will be......thats more simple i think...

and topping them keeps them also lower....or scrog ?  

Iemand al een scrog setup gedaan voor op het balkon? - Outdoor Vragen ...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 13

@DutchFox

The reason behind the the pots is

I'd like to run 6 to 8 different strains, keep them small if possible, and be able to move them if needs be, due to bad weather or for some other reasons 

The watering, feeding ect ect, daily wouldn't be a issue, since they will be in my garden 

• Like 4

Agree with @DutchFox, plant out later and/or train the plants to keep them low. 

This Frisian Duck clone was planted out earlier this month, having vegged indoors, then in a polytunnel, in a small 0.5l pot for several months beforehand. Now in a 15 litre bucket.

large.IMG_20230919_175815.jpeglarge.IMG_20230919_175933.jpeg

This Frisian Duck mum was planted out in July, having spent months in a 2 litre fabric pot being pruned for cuttings. Fabric pots recommended for keeping plants manageable, as roots are air pruned so they don't become root bound. She's in a 45 litre fabric pot, the ScrOG net is keeping her low. I have been tucking her under the screen once a week, but now she's in flower will go easy on the training a bit. Photo taken prior to weekly tucking...

large.IMG_20230919_175805.jpeglarge.IMG_20230919_175908.jpeg

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Celtic voyager said:

@DutchFox

The reason behind the the pots is

I'd like to run 6 to 8 different strains, keep them small if possible, and be able to move them if needs be, due to bad weather or for some other reasons 

The watering, feeding ect ect, daily wouldn't be a issue, since they will be in my garden 

ahh oke

12 to 18 liter pots are nice for moving...   and  plant out later and/or train the plants to keep them low.

• Like 3

Smaller pots for the win. You can keep them in big pots for rigidity, just half full. Soil or coco, using a blumat tropf system is a no brainer in pots. Enjoy! I used my yard for an important outdoor breeding project this season. :yep:

large.IMG_2250.jpeglarge.IMG_2255.jpeglarge.IMG_2253.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Smaller pots for the win. You can keep them in big pots for rigidity, just half full. Soil or coco, using a blumat tropf system is a no brainer in pots. Enjoy! I used my yard for an important outdoor breeding project this season. :yep:

large.IMG_2250.jpeglarge.IMG_2255.jpeglarge.IMG_2253.jpeg

What size pot are you slippery one?

Plants looking good

2 hours ago, Celtic voyager said:

What size pot are you slippery one?

Plants looking good

These are huge 12 or 15L, only half full, coco coir and beanstalk nutes, nothing else

• Like 2

@Celtic voyager

There are all sorts of ways to do it. The guys suggestions above are all good ways.

I remember growing a Purple Maroc (ahh the good old Purple Maroc lol) in the back garden. I planted out mid march to see what would happen. Come May its 7ft. 

Every couple of days I pushed her to one side. Until the point where the top of the plant was no more than 3ft off the ground. I defoliated the leaves closer to the ground and come flowering time I kept her up with a stake or two.

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 3

@Idicanna Jones

You are a master of the small pot growing 

This is what I'd like to achieve with my photos, but with slightly bigger pots

• Like 2

Morning all

Thanks for the replies. 

If i use 14lt pots for the photos, would I need to pot 1 or 2 times, or just go to final pot, like an auto.