ExpatGrower

Watched a guy on ytube doing a side by side with nutes I use and he said the Athena just pipped it looks like good shit is it?peace Goohfy.

On 23/09/2023 at 2:14 AM, zen-ken said:

Yes the bastards .....they put all the micros in the Cal Nit so you cant just swap it out....But there is some good news....

I can point you in the right direction to a white label Athena....Masterblend are also producing a clone and I will get Jacks to start selling here if takes me the rest of my days lol 

Anychance of pointing me to this white label athena? I'm fed up of my vitalink nutes not performing like they used to... think its time for a change!

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/09/2023 at 9:21 PM, zen-ken said:

With all due respect ....did your master grower friend tell you how you were gonna solve the issue of the calcium cation exchange in the substrate and would he like to share how he managed this without taking the nitrogen with it and unbalancing the nutrient equation ?

No, Balance is not the answer.....It's just more potassium. (although the silicon is handy) 

I didnt say I prefer rockwool...I dont....But I swear you will have problems in coco unless you prep the shit out of it first.

I feed hard from the start tbh....but do not follow my schedule as this is for RDWC feeding....what seems hard to me would be baby's piss to you in coco.

(dont use the balanced line unless you enjoy paying for water)

Hey Zen - do you mind sharing what EC you’re hitting with Athena pro in RDWC? I’m running the same in an alien pro system, wondering if I should be hitting 2.5-3 as I’m wondering if some of my deficiencies (predominantly calmag) are a result of being below the recommendation… I’m not supplementing with co2 which I believe the higher ec is tailored more toward

I imagine you can save a few bob by buying non-branded CalNit and Epsom instead of Masterblend's and just use the base formula. 

Definitely, I wouldn't buy Masterblend.

Yara Tera Kristalon brown, Calcinit & Magnesium sulfate will do the same for cheaper. Some additional chelated iron might also be useful along with MKP to make your own boost.

Edited by LK1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/12/2023 at 23:16, LK1 said:

Definitely, I wouldn't buy Masterblend.

Yara Tera Kristalon brown, Calcinit & Magnesium sulfate will do the same for cheaper. Some additional chelated iron might also be useful along with MKP to make your own boost.

LK1 would you happen to know anywhere selling Kristalon brown and calcinit? I’ve been hunting for 25kg bags but I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells hem without registering for a credit account via limited company…

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/01/2024 at 20:53, CommunityGrow said:

LK1 would you happen to know anywhere selling Kristalon brown and calcinit? I’ve been hunting for 25kg bags but I can’t seem to find anywhere that sells hem without registering for a credit account via limited company…

Send me a PM