You Gov Chat Asking Peoples Opinions Of Legalising / Weed Again

MidgeSmith

I dunno if anyone is interested, but someone is polling on YouGov Chat regarding feelings about cannabis for the second time in - I think - 6 months. It could do with some bumping by pro members of society if you are interested and the link is allowed.

I've anonymised the link to avoid uk420.com being seen as the referrer, I hope this type of link is ok?

https://anon.to/6nWYku

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

I totally get it Boojum, hence the reluctant post, but if nobody gives their opinion from the positive side, the figures about the public's thoughts are forever skewed...  So I figured I'd mention it for those who CAN be bothered.

I do think that it is ironic that the group who are quietest about legalising cannabis are often the ones who stand to gain the most by being louder.  I'm not under any illusion that I am changing the world though :)

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 7

I'm not sure I like having to sign up with my email or social presence to discuss it though... seems a bit 'bait' to me (happy to be proven wrong).

• Like 1

Yes I think so, though I think all the political parties and corporations use it.  I don't mind putting my views down via VPN and private email.  I totally understand why some wouldn't.  Just making aware in case someone wants to and hadn't heard.

• Like 1

Makes me mad to think people in power actually enjoy telling folks what they can and can’t do in the privacy of their own home that has zero effect on them.

What next, no ironing allowed on a Wednesday? 

fuck the polls, fuck this prohibition that I never consented to, fuck yougov fuck the hypocrisy and fuck anyone who thinks weed is worse than booze. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

Makes me mad to think people in power actually enjoy telling folks what they can and can’t do in the privacy of their own home that has zero effect on them.

What next, no ironing allowed on a Wednesday? 

fuck the polls, fuck this prohibition that I never consented to, fuck yougov fuck the hypocrisy and fuck anyone who thinks weed is worse than booze. 

I agree to part of that, but also fuck staying quiet about it and being cowed by them I say.  They stole 6 months of my well-being a couple of decades ago and threatened my freedom. I won't be happy until they've had to stopped persecuting people for it.

In my view, refusing to speak out about it is to comply and imply they are right.

You can be sure as fuck that the arseholes who would censor and legislate against us don't stay quiet, which is why the poll suggests most people are not pro legalisation.

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

which is why the poll suggests most people are not pro legalisation.

A lot of polls on yougov start out as private invitations, people are selected based on previous answers given in previous polls some of which they are paid to take part in, then the polls go live to all yougov members and the wider internet so I wouldn't put much faith in the results

• Like 4

Just now, Joolz said:

A lot of polls on yougov start out as private invitations, people are selected based on previous answers given in previous polls some of which they are paid to take part in, then the polls go live to all yougov members and the wider internet so I wouldn't put much faith in the results

They do, but this one is / was on their front page.  I guess depending on who is paying for this polls their technique will bend accordingly.

I feel as everyone else does here that it is no the government's business.  However, seeing as the last monarch saw fit to prosecute me due to years of government corruption leading to our current legal position, I've perhaps more reason than many to desire an end to that kind of interference.

Grasping at straws it may be, but if you never give your opinion on a poll, you can't complain about the inferences taken from it :)

It’s probably Rishi Sunaks wife is looking to invest in cannabis same as Nadim Zahwani that’s why it be on the first page as they are all self serving creatures 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arthur Mix said:

It’s probably Rishi Sunaks wife is looking to invest in cannabis same as Nadim Zahwani that’s why it be on the first page as they are all self serving creatures 

I don't doubt it mate and I don't doubt they'd only make it legal to buy from GW Pharmaceuticals or Jaqui Smiths company, not grow either, I just figure a few voices in favour give a better picture of the public's thinking.

A shot in the dark really as I know most of us know there is no moral and little health issue to the matter, just corruption between us and legality.  All the same, for those of us beaten down before, it would be beautiful to be above ground.