Apollo Black Cherry + MAC n Crack, + Panty, Plus Blue Moby - Athena Nutes with Coco/perlite

ExpatGrower

Have you looked at Ecothrive Neutralise(or Vitamin C) to see if that’s ok to use along with the Athena for de-chlorination?

Atb

:yinyang:

Just now, Shumroom said:

Have you looked at Ecothrive Neutralise(or Vitamin C) to see if that’s ok to use along with the Athena for de-chlorination?

Atb

I haven't! To be honest, I don't think I have chlorine in the water, as it goes into a big tank outside and sits for days anyway, but i just think it's good practice in case any fresh city water came in and ended up mixed in with it. I measure now and again and it just doesnt change color... 

• Like 1

Just an update... so this is really weird, never had this happen before!

Out of 12 seeds, nearly all of them have cracked and its day 8, but like maybe only 2 of them has tiny shoots coming out, 3 mm at best. So today I created my batch of athena nutrients to pre-soak the coco in it for a few days, and I transplanted each seed into a rockwool cube, soaked in a very mild nutrient solution, ph'd to 6. 

They are back in the plastic boxes where i'll be watching them closely the next few days for sprouts, soon as they hopefully pop their heads up, i'll be sticking them/mini rockwool cubes into solo cups with the pre buffered cocol. I've never seen seeds open and just not come out, not this high a percent. 

At what point would you guys throw in the towel? I'm thinking if none have popped up by day 10, something must have gone wrong, my guess is either a chemical in the tissue paper or perhaps during transport they've been too hot, too cold, or radiated... They did almost all split (11 out of 12) which is a great germination rate, (so kudos to seedstockers)... but they literally split then seem to have stopped.

P.s I don't want anyone to be concerned about this being down to poor quality seeds cause they did nearly all split and i'm sure this is a freak issue that Seedstockers would resolve if I had ordered them, but these were sent as a test grow from @Seedstockers-mark in the uk, and I feel terrible this hasn't worked! Thailand is a difficult place to ship organic products because the heat especially inside of delivery vehicles, can easily exceed 50 degrees, so for example buying clones here if its hot, i've had them turn up completely dry and dead after 1 day in transport. 

Edited by ExpatGrower

35 minutes ago, ExpatGrower said:

@Seedstockers-mark in the uk,

Mark is based in Spain mate.

Fwiw seedstockers are a reseller of bulk seed, they probably have very little to do with the creation and qc of their seeds.

Ive had seeds take two weeks to show, but thats straight into compost, no paper towel method.

Edited by BilgePump

6 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Fwiw seedstockers are a reseller of bulk seed

Are they?

I’m pretty sure they didn’t used to be :g:

I thought they worked with small independent breeders.

Maybe things have changed over the years?

Atb

• Like 1

@Shumroom so i just did some digging based on your questioning it and it seems they are indeed white label bulk resellers for dp.

Their "small Indy breeder" work appears to be the seedstockers superior lines , the rest is just bulk.

• Like 2

Day 13 and nothing :/ pretty sad, was especially excited about the Cherry and Mac! I'm going to keep looking after them  just in case but will order clones tomorrow if nothing. 

• Like 1

That's shit mate. :( I have both of those varieties going at the minute, no probs with germination here. I have killed a few seeds in a similar way in the past, in my case i think i made the paper towels too think and too wet and drowned them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Strawberry Fields said:

That's shit mate. :( I have both of those varieties going at the minute, no probs with germination here. I have killed a few seeds in a similar way in the past, in my case i think i made the paper towels too think and too wet and drowned them.

Man it's very possible that's what's happened, I hadnt germinated seeds for over a year, I did it in soil last time with good success, the tissue method I hadn't done for a few years when growing peppers and over a decade from when i last grew weed! 

It's a shame, but i've sourced some really premium Relentless Genetics Tropicanna Cherry clones today, unfortunately this is the end of all hope for this diary, if the seeds do pop at this point, i'll give them to  commercial soil grower friend and take pictures of his results later. :/ 

Have seen a few of the growers in Thailand using the Athena nutes, getting very good results from them.

Shame about your seeds m8, onwards and upwards.