Apollo Black Cherry + MAC n Crack, + Panty, Plus Blue Moby - Athena Nutes with Coco/perlite

ExpatGrower

Hello! I am thrilled to be starting my new grow and what a journey these seeds have been on already... from Spain to Mark in the UK, then he special sent them out to me in Thailand where I can legally grow, and hopefully make an awesome diary for you all!

So I'm going to grow 9 plants in a 5x5 under a mars hydro e6500, and for the first time using coco/perlite 70/30%, and Athena nutrients. I'll be making an automated moisture sensor and watering system so I can attempt to replicate the Jungle Boy style of crop steering and drybacks. My previous grows were living soil, no till but between pest issues and just not hitting the quality i've experienced from some guys growing in Athena, I decided to make the jump. 

So today no pictures but seeds have gone in to germinate after holding onto them for a few months while my last grow finished. The Blue Moby is actually spares, cause I presume not every seeds will germinate but my top choices are actually just 3 APC, 3 MAC, then if they all germinated, 1 panty punch, 1 Pannacotta and 1 Platinum Punch. (last 2 a different breeder, clones from my previous grow). The Moby I'll share with a friend to check them out as I'm effectively doing a pheno hunt here, or if i have room i'll squeeze 1-2 in. 

So that's all, will take the first pics when they hopefully root after their world adventure!

• Like 7

Selection sounds nice; Pannacotta sounds very interesting, I'll have to go google that one

Not planning on making use of the nice growing weather outside over there? :) 

All the best with the grow :yep: 

• Like 2

Interested to see how you get on with the Athena nutes , its the next logical step for me really.

Are you using the blended nutes or the dry powders?

:yinyang:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Interested to see how you get on with the Athena nutes , its the next logical step for me really.

Are you using the blended nutes or the dry powders?

I've got the whole blended lineup sitting about in the shed lol got sent them for free they reached out on insta and offered to send me some samples I ended up having about 6 boxes turn up I couldn't believe it.

• Like 3

@UKsFinest can't fault that... have you seen the price of the ruddy stuff?!

I fancy the powders but have access to "smaller than retail" amounts of blended if i want to give it a shot.

• Like 2

Yeah it's bloody expensive stuff mate I'm going to start using it next run should last me a while it's hard to work out the feed in such small doses as they do it by the gallon on the bottles an id have to convert it to litres but shouldn't be too much rocket science.

• Like 2

Sorry to jump in on the thread like that mate good luck on the grow I'm definitely going Coco with athena next run too so I'll follow along and see how you get on

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

@UKsFinest can't fault that... have you seen the price of the ruddy stuff?!

I fancy the powders but have access to "smaller than retail" amounts of blended if i want to give it a shot.

They don't seem to have anything in my size lollol 

• Like 2

Looking forward to following this, I've got some ABC autos in at the minute & just had to remove one due to their size, can't wait to see how big your photos get.

ATB :hippy:

11 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Selection sounds nice; Pannacotta sounds very interesting, I'll have to go google that one

Not planning on making use of the nice growing weather outside over there? :) 

All the best with the grow :yep: 

Pannacotta is my favourite from my last harvest! Wedding Cake x Sundae Driver. It's surprisingly very earthy/woodsy but with some cake flavor. My favourite thing about it is the size of the buds and the knockout high though, good for an evening! Believe it or not the weather sucks here for growing weed! Super eratic, extreme weather cycles! Either too hot, too wet, or everything inbetween!

For those asking about Athena, I'm going with the pro powdered line. Still getting my head around that stuff!

So I'm building an automated watering system that is very cheap but a fair bit complicated for a novice diyer like me! Basically an arduino computer, then a moisture sensor for each pot, that takes readings with a python program i made with chatgpt, which then powers the water pumps for each pot, delivering the pre-mixed solution. I'm gonna follow the jungle boy feeding program, but actually there is a guy called dankemshunter who runs a facility and posted his crop steering guide, so i'll be trying to follow that! For example off the top of my head, you let the coco dry to say 30 percent, then give it short bursts every 15 minutes, until you get 20 percent run off. Something like that but varies depending on stage.

• Like 1

Just an update...

Possibly an intermission to build tension... It's day 5 and so far no seeds have popped, so beginning to worry! 

They are currently between tissue paper in ph adjusted water, inside sealed plastic boxes in a dark space, until the moment i see shoots. The temperature is 26-27 celcius.

An update...

So far, looks like most seeds have finally split, i see a couple of very small shoots (like 2mm). So it's 8 days in, and none yet ready to plant. Is this a bad sign? It's been a long time since I germinated seeds as I was using clones the last year. 

They are currently sealed in plastic boxes, and ive been opening the box for fresh air every other day, in darkness. Maybe I should let a gentle source of light get to them at this point, since the germination started? 

Thanks guys!

If they've split it get them into whatever your going to start growing them in :yep:

Seeds can be quick out of the blocks sometimes,

but they tend to be a lot slower than clones :) 

Atb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shumroom said:

If they've split it get them into whatever your going to start growing them in :yep:

Seeds can be quick out of the blocks sometimes,

but they tend to be a lot slower than clones :) 

Atb

Thanks for the tips :) I wasn't expecting that and have to let my water sit till tomorrow to de-chlorinate, before mixing in my athena pro line nutrients... 

So will do this tomorrow, hopefully ok!

• Like 1