AC Infinity and Inkbird probe different temps

Gaijin

Afternoon folks :) 

I just chopped my big tent, which allowed me to see the Inkbird that runs the two little oil rads. Haven't seen it for a good few weeks now lol Anyway, I noticed that the Inkbird id reading the ambient temp at canopy level as being about 3 degrees lower than the reading on the AC Infinity probe that runs the exhaust fan. The probes are zip tied together (probes are not actually touching each other) so are at the exact same height. 

What's the best way to see which is closer to accurate? My first thought was "turn them both off, wait, turn them back on" ......... 

Use a 3rd device like a Govee or this to give extra idea.

large.20211106_182135.jpg

I don't use Inkbird stuff, But all my Sensors say the same temperature readings if the probes/devices are in the same spot, tho my Govee does report the Humidity as being a bit higher than all my other Sensors so I calibrated it to match the rest.

My guess would be the AC is correct and the Inkbird is off as I've seen mentions of them being a bit off in the past. But that is only a guess and would still need compering against some other 3rd device.

• Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

Use a 3rd device like a Govee or this to give extra idea.

I should've thought of that :doh: I've got a AirComfort sitting around somewhere, never took it out of the box. I'll plug that in and see which one it's closest too :yep: Thanks for that 

• Like 2

@Gaijin I have the same dilemma, I find the ACI is much quikcer to respond where as the inkbird can take a while and only reports bck every 15 mins on the graphs, (not helpful for data analysis). I have had them matched but they are often waaay out on humidity. I trust my inkbird more

• Like 1

I got sick of all my sensors saying something different and got a Sensorpush HTP.xw Extreme Accuracy Water-Resistant Temperature / Humidity / Barometric Pressure Smart Sensor. They’re highly accurate and then I just calibrate everything to what the sensorpush reads.

• Like 1

Ahhh well, it sounds the SensorPush is the way to go. It's funny, back when I was researching all the equipment to do this, they were at the top of my list. But then I discovered the AC Infinity fan/etc controllers and figured they would be accurate enough. 

One of these, I guess:  Sensorpush HTP.xw Extreme Accuracy Water-Resistant Temperature / Humidity / Barometric Pressure Smart Sensor. 

I'll go take a look, thank you :yep:  

I'll turn on the AirComfort while I'm up lol Memory like a sieve 

• Like 3

I was doing basically this last night but with a bit more of a heath Robinson approach.

I don't trust my inkbird in the slightest tbh , i have it set to about 27 but thats just a number on a screen as far as I know... im gonna attempt to calibrate that tomorrow i think.

What i did was whack 3 different hygrometers on a shelf in the g.room , have dinner then go n decide what looks like a trustworthy figure then calibrate everything to that :cowboy:

The unbranded "jar" hygrometer lives glued to the shelf anyway so that was my "starting baseline" 26.5°c , the govee came in at 26.5°c and the aircomfort a bit higher at 27.1°c... i went with 26.6°c as a calibration figure.

That was last night, the inkbird was reading 34.4°c in the shade(!) And the govee just clipped to a pole was ticking over at 29.3°c after calibration.

Ruddy inkbird lol it feels like a toy tbh , might get another habitat pulse (fuck i best test that tomorrow too lol)

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 3

On 12/09/2023 at 3:01 PM, Military Grade said:

a Govee

Hi mate, I've never heard of these, was wondering if I could ask you about them.

I was literally just looking to get a couple of those aircomfort sensors, after speaking to @Shumroom who showed me they produce a graph through their app so you can track temps and humidity together which looks exactly what I want. They're about 30 quid each for the units.

Then I found this thread, so I looked up the Govee devices and they do a similar thing. My question is about the app though, do you know if it produces graphs like the air Comfort devices. I can't tell what the app is like so I wondered if you knew mate.

Govee are doing a set of 3 sensors (H5151) with a WiFi hub for £40 (normally £70) or there's some different WiFi sensors (H5179) in a pack of 3 for £67 (normally £120) so I assume these are better.

I've looked at the sensorpush htp.xw mentioned above but it's over 100 quid for one sensor so that's a bit expensive I think.

Any help about the Govee app would be appreciated.

:smoke:

• Like 1