Hype strains

Eldo

@Cajafiesta thought you'd be spoilt for choice over there but what you just described sounds like the overpriced "Cali" over here that some rave about and charge 3 times regular price!!

I won't touch it! The nugs are all way too dense which I put down to being pumped full of PGRs. As for the taste I suspect been sprayed with terps

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eldo said:

pumped full of PGRs

Absolutely. Seems some more than others. Some are blatant pgr dope. All the buds the same size. Tons of weird looking pistils, sorta gritty and dusty.

• Like 2

I gotta say THC test results are pure lies. I seen a bloke from the stats bragging about his 40% THC plants with photos & lab results to prove it. All I am saying if the weed in his picture was 40% THC I would eat my dads ancient Y fronts :execute: what in God's name makes people not be able to look at a bud & clearly see 40% of this bud it not THC's & a lot more than 60% is plant matter. Fixed tests for repeat customers by picking the best bit's from what is sometimes 1/2oz of dry premium selected buds from 100+ light grows instead of a small random sample test. 40% that's more likely around 20% if tested properly :banned:

Edited by brock1
  • Like 5

Just now, brock1 said:

40% that's more likely around 20% if tested properly :banned:

Agreed totally. And even if it does test at 40%, we’re not considering several other factors. 

how much can the human body absorb in a given time window?  Who’s to say you’re actually intaking more thc per inhale with a 40% strain as opposed to a 15% strain. 

what about all the other compounds in dope?  What do they all do that impacts the high?  

this is shit we don’t know yet. 

It seems pretty silly to assess cannabis by one piece of data, when we don’t know what all the other shit in it actually does. 

Smoke it!  Do you like what it does to you?  Then it’s good!  Who cares what analytics of one out of hundreds of compounds tests at. There’s dope that rocks peoples brains out of their skull that tests at 12% thc. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, brock1 said:

I gotta say THC test results are pure lies. I seen a bloke from the stats bragging about his 40% THC plants with photos & lab results to prove it. All I am saying if the weed in his picture was 40% THC I would eat my dads ancient Y fronts :execute: what in God's name makes people not be able to look at a bud & clearly see 40% of this bud it not THC's & a lot more than 60% is plant matter. Fixed tests for repeat customers by picking the best bit's from what is sometimes 1/2oz of dry premium selected buds from 100+ light grows instead of a small random sample test. 40% that's more likely around 20% if tested properly :banned:

umami? 

Is a shame that in USA there is minimal genetic variation going on when they have such an advanced and developed market.

That said, brands like Ten Co (British) are using strains from lady sativa genetics and crossing to Cali strains as an example.

There is some absolutely banging flower coming from USA, but over 90% is mediocre. 

Anything by Don Merfos, Preferred Gardens, Doja Pak, also Ten Co should be pretty good.. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2023 at 2:13 PM, Cajafiesta said:

The high is always nearly instant and very aggressive.  You're are stoned for certain.  But it feels...dirty?  It makes me exceptionally lazy and disinterested in doing much of anything. I get stupid and thoughtlessly shove food in my face hole.  The peak of the high seems to last about 20 minutes and then after an hour or so, I'm looking for another joint.  

It all tastes the same.  I can't pinpoint the taste, but its all the same. 

Couldn't agree more! - First crop of my own im smoking and the stone is totally different, not as knockout BUT in a good way. EVERY single bag of street weed ive had makes me want to do nothing but sleep within half hour of smoking! A dirty stone is a great description.

This is a much cleaner stone, hard to describe but almost energising, it does knock you out but only after a few joints and a few hours! much nicer.

Ive smoked a few imports that were PGP'ed? And they all tasted bland as fook.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, brock1 said:

40% of this bud it not THC's & a lot more than 60% is plant matter. :banned:

Do you know how they test it and what the %actually means? 

Potency testing is typically performed by liquid chromatography with UV detectors to determine the amount of major cannabinoids. However, analysis of trace and minor cannabinoids is becoming more common with mass spectrometry. To test potency of oils, crude extracts, and distillates, FTIR spectroscopy is often used in production and manufacturing environments.

• Like 1

Didn't wanna go full on conspiracy theory buuut regarding the dirty stone I seen a few things lately about synthetic THC.....ie spice being sprayed

Could be way off the mark but personally if it don't look/smell/feel right I'm not smoking it

Just now, L3D said:

Couldn't agree more! - First crop of my own im smoking and the stone is totally different, not as knockout BUT in a good way. EVERY single bag of street weed ive had makes me want to do nothing but sleep within half hour of smoking! A dirty stone is a great description

This is kinda kinda the reason I started this thread the street gear mongs you out but not in the way I feel it should 

• Like 1

Hype strains.. Quite like the wedding cake and ice cream cake, Zkittlez and rainbow belts are alright, Apple fritter meh. Original gsc, now that was nice to smoke imo. Mimosa was average, tried quite a few more but can’t say many stood out really. Got some nice skunk strains to grow out next, see if I can find some of them old school flavours I’ve been craving

• Like 1

@Aphatspliff.....apart from mimosa and gsc found all of these meh at best. Was wondering if grown myself they may turn out better

Apple fritter (which I found meh at best) was one of the hype strains I was taking about originally along with godfather og and grease monkey and pink goo

Good luck luck with the skunk hunt

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eldo said:

Didn't wanna go full on conspiracy theory buuut regarding the dirty stone I seen a few things lately about synthetic THC.....ie spice being sprayed

Could be way off the mark but personally if it don't look/smell/feel right I'm not smoking it

hand on heart have seen a few batches of stardog / cookiedog etc etc which was 100% sprayed. 

• Like 1