Good Afternoon 420-ers

PerculiarParsnip

21 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Soft water definitely sounds like the main problem causing calmag ratios, there's nothing wrong with BioBizz Light mix soil so that ain't your problem.

Biobizz all mix not the light mix, twiggy as, but not has twiggy as the tree that came free with the Plagron royal mix,  My bluelab Truncheon arrives tomorrow as does my coco and other bits n bobs, water analysis will be done by end of this week at the latest I hope, my thinking with coco is that it is hard to overwater and I can use much smaller pots, it was my mate who suggested using the biggest pot I could get a way with but if the plants are going from 3.5L into a very wet plagron royal mix compo then I think that hasn't helped matters, coco seems easier to do and easier to take the recycling centre without raising any eyebrows, I don't like the perlite, in one of my big pots I have shed loads of the stuff on top of the compost so that cant be doing anything at all..

• Like 1

Perlite is meant to be mixed with the soil about 25%, not placed on top.

I hear coco dries out much quicker than soil so small pots sound like a bad idea unless you like having to feed them twice a day.  If the coco dries out it can mess your whole grow up.

Twigs in soil are there to add nutrition to the bag of soil, you will find this with most soil brands.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I hear coco dries out much quicker than soil so small pots sound like a bad idea unless you like having to feed them twice a day.  If the coco dries out it can mess your whole grow up.

Twigs in soil are there to add nutrition to the bag of soil, you will find this with most soil brands.

The perlite rose to the top via watering/rinsing, only the one pot   I am good with the watering with coco, small grow like mine will not be hassle and my Mrs can water in the days I am not here, I thought I read here that the twigs in the soil suck nitrogen out? and was best to remove them, took me ages to get rid of all the wood and now thinking that may be why the Royal Mix ran out early? that or the LED making plants use more, anyway, have written this grow off and sold on the coco can always go back if it turns ut to be a PITA but at this moment so is the compost, sure it is my water quality though oh and the biobizz nutes I bought from the hydro store are out of date by almost a year having checked the batch numbers, Plagron want folk to email them with the batch number so they can say when thier nutes expire which is a tad naughty of them, I read nothing but good things about Growers Ark Nutes here and will either have custom nutes or their soft water nutes depending on which way my water report goes.

Edited by PerculiarParsnip
ummm
  • Like 1

Growers ark will sort you out mate

Twigs give nitrogen to the soil as they slowly decompose by the microbes. I do take most of them out when potting myself as the short life of a canna plant ain't gonna fully utilise them, but while they are in the bag of soil they act as a slow release.

It's the stones that piss me off, tho someone could make the argument about Trace minerals lol

• Like 5

On 04/09/2023 at 3:40 PM, Military Grade said:

Yes, as a relatively new Coco grower, watering by hand, I would agree it dries out considerably faster than compost. I use a 70% Coco 30% Perlite mix (that does not help with drying out quickly). If you use a decent size pot 12l+ you should be OK with one watering a day even at their greediest. Use Cal/Mag & consider the p/h of your feed.

Edited by Lux_Interior
wrong use of there!
  • Like 2

On 03/09/2023 at 3:39 PM, PerculiarParsnip said:

Not sure I understand about my environment Bilge,  fresh air come in from bedroom window and extracted out through the loft, temps are okay and only asked one question mibbees 2 but in my head its just the one.

Lights on currently 24.9c

Lights off is 21c

welcome, you're be best off staying a diary and tracking your efforts.

Fyi, your temps are too low for led, 29 to 30 lights on, 24 lights off. Read up on vpd too and get your humidity in check, that's your "environment".

Environment 1

Nutrients & PH 2

Lighting 3

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sweettooth said:

welcome, you're be best off staying a diary and tracking your efforts.

Fyi, your temps are too low for led, 29 to 30 lights on, 24 lights off. Read up on vpd too and get your humidity in check, that's your "environment".

Environment 1

Nutrients & PH 2

Lighting 3

Hi and thanks kind of appreciated but I am not getting anal over temps or vpd or humidity for that matter, it will be what it is,  I got a govee which I read about here, that has VPD shit on it but as said I seriously cant be fucked with it, and as said, we will see how things pan out, willing to bet £50 to go to whatever charity should I end up saying I wish I had payed more attention to LED temps and VPD,  personally I think folk are getting too over complicated and as said, I am will to bet £50 that I will do okay as with a proper shit grow I still pullled just over 14 ounces and one of the plants was touching the LED light as I couldnt raise it any higher.  So for me to set my own bench mark, I will be happy as LARRY who just got voted the happiest Larry ever to walk this earth if I pull 20 oz plus. 

• Like 1

@PerculiarParsnip

People can be a bit precious about precise temps etc etc blah blah...it would be better to have approx parameters.

I grow with led and find temps anywhere between 23'ish and 30'ish work fine, outside of those figures it's not so good,

still produces though.

• Like 2

Hi Stu914

I did a lot of lurking and a lot of reading here before I got my stuff and did my first grow, and did okay with some seriously fucked up plants, I think massive calcium def, stalks were mushy as and the leaves?  well they just ate themselves and one plant even went to the top of the lights, Zeus 465 led, (which according to some, should have fried them)  and still did okay, still smoking it now and its 10 x the quality of the street bud I was buying, much nicer smoke and one plant whatever it was is deffo not for doing shit on, had a smoke of it in the morning then did sweet FA for day bar smoke some more! 

Started my diary, my 11 roses look proper healthy IMHO and the white berry not so sure but it could be the pot? will pot it on soon enough, still waiting for water report details in me diary..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PerculiarParsnip said:

11 roses look proper healthy

By coincidence these were my last crop, very nice they are too...and getting better by the day...:yep:

I grow hydro and use Advanced PH Perfect nutes, negates the need for ph adjustment which you need to consider

growing in coco (it's just another form of hydro) They're a bit expensive but take the headache out of growing.

Hi all. Been around for a while but never made a comment. Silent watcher. Grabbed loads of info for my little Christmas tree's lol. 3rd time growing outdoors. So to all that helped, I thank you 

• Like 2