Finally looking at getting a Volcanoe Vape (help)

callywally

10 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

A ball vape and bubbler would be my recommendation 

And mine.

Vapvana screwball would be my choice at the moment.

Coil driven elev8r is also good value.

Cloud connoisseur has some really good value zeal set ups.

Or maybe a really cheap build your own.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

there's nothing left after 3 or 4 good blasts.  

That's all you need. You want to be medicated, not chonged beyond speech. Weed has always been a short trip up and long trip down. Volcano will have you stuck to a wall outlet forever. Mighty lets you walk around the house, car, bike ride, holiday etc. I've dropped my mighty plus countless times, it just keeps on going..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

That's all you need. You want to be medicated, not chonged beyond speech. Weed has always been a short trip up and long trip down. Volcano will have you stuck to a wall outlet forever. Mighty lets you walk around the house, car, bike ride, holiday etc. I've dropped my mighty plus countless times, it just keeps on going..

Yeh my mighty goes on holiday with me been dropped lots still going strong and the storz and bickle rep at product earth checked my serial number and apparently I brought it from them in 2017 so they definitely built well

But the only things I miss when I'm away are my cats and volcano absolutely love the thing and get a reducer if you only want mighty sized hits

• Like 1

I got a mate who uses a mighty or a TM2 in the house then takes his Volcano with him when he goes away. I've never worked out the logic there.

I've got to stop taking the mighty to the pub, everyone keeps telling me I stink of weed, they're not exactely subtle :blushing:

• Like 3

I take a Crafty out and about and a Volcano at home. Just been treated to a brand new classic. Defo worth every penny. 

I recently tried a mates Mighty plus and will probably purchase one soon. I was pretty impressed by it but doubt I would replace the Volcano for one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Sure, what I was really asking for your expertise on, apologies if I was less than clear - was whether you feel the temperature setting does anything at all.  It seems to actually ablate every last cannabinoid all at once, whatever temperature I set it to.  It's like everything over 140C is 200C.  Is that the same with you?

Don't get me wrong, I love the fucker and away from home it is a boon.  I started mobile vaping with a knockoff V-Pen which barely worked at all.  I moved up to a black widow which worked a bit. I was just surprised it seems to be so inaccurate.

No worries if you don't know what that's about :)  I don't either!

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Slippy One said:

You want to be medicated, not chonged beyond speech.

Different times call for different levels of stones lol 

I got the hybrid and love it. I have lots of the same weed so like to play around with the temps +/- a few degrees and get a feel for the bud. Also I like the whip, again different times call for different methods. The whip with the fan on is quite fun lol. Not as smooth as a bag though. 

I find the bowl on the volcano to be huge. I use a dosing pad sometimes. I put the pad on top but think you’re meant to put it on the bottom but not sure it makes a difference when used with bud? 

Got the mighty+ recently too. Had a few mighty and love them too. The + heats up quicker. Build feels nicer. Can stand up better, still have to use the pick though. Major bonus for me having a usb-c charger. Got the dosing capsule filling set. Filled a load of capsules in 5 mins. Find the plunger is good for putting the lids on. Find when the kids have been put on with the plunger they come off a lot easier, I used to have trouble getting the lid off before. Sometimes find the capsules a bit light though. Feel like I get nowhere near as a packed bowl. Maybe I haven’t filled them tight enough . Also find bud still comes out of the capsules so still need to clean the bowl and the gauze for the cleaning unit. 

• Like 2

I find the Mighty isn't hitting the spot for me at the moment so I dug out my first vape; a HerbalAire 1.0. yesterday and I gotta say I was battered after 2 capsules full.

I love the fact that you can just ram a whole bud into one of the capsules without grinding, it still produces lots of sticky vapour, the kind you can chew if you know what I mean and my chest feels great this morning.

31 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

@MidgeSmithit’s a huge difference, I vape dry herb at 190-196, dry sift hash is up to 210°. 

Maybe mine isnt quite the ticket then, because vaping at 175 until the cloud is weak (4 or 5 big pulls) there is almost nothing further produced when I vape again at 200.  I mainly vape flower, I set a higher temperature for hash too - as required.

I suppose as you go for the full spectrum of vapourisation at 196 from the off, you may not have noticed what I am seeing over lower temperature ranges, even if  yours behaves the same.  I have vaped at 196, although I don't find the flavour quite as nice at the top temperature end, its tremendously successful either way and none of it matters, it is just a point of interest. If the temperature was way out I would getting the taste of charring at 175, which I don't get until temperatures are over 200 and yet...

Edited by MidgeSmith

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, 4-5 pulls on the mighty plus I’m speechless, maybe you just need better weed? I find the best clouds when the weed is slightly damp. Chonged beyond words if I over do it! 

anyone else get blabbery after 4/5 pulls on a mighty plus at 196°C

:guitar:

seriously though, who would bother with a giant machine you can only chog near a wall outlet, when we have the mighty and crafty pluses? lol 

electric sockets do not mean better high, clouds or no clouds :yep: 

large.IMG_0918.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't think that it has anything to do with weed quality and little to do with the moisture content.  It seems to be to do with temperature accuracy, but I am not 100% certain as I say, because the Mighty+ isn't over-toasting the herb.

I can see that you are not interested in vaping at varying specific temperatures, beyond one for hash and one for flower.  That being the case, I can see I asked the wrong guy.  I will start another thread as this discussion is probably no longer relevant to the interests of the OP.

2 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

I don't think that it has anything to do with weed quality and little to do with the moisture content.  It seems to be to do with temperature accuracy, but I am not 100% certain as I say, because the Mighty+ isn't over-toasting the herb.

I can see that you are not interested in vaping at varying specific temperatures, beyond one for hash and one for flower.  That being the case, I can see I asked the wrong guy.  I will start another thread as this discussion is probably no longer relevant to the interests of the OP.

Oops, I'm always chonged from my Mighty, what's your question, whether it's over cooking the weed?  How many temps do you think a dry herb vape needs? You can vary the temps each session but if 180-190ish works stick with it. Wouldn't go below 180, and hardly anyone has dry sift which needs higher temps to lift the oils from the grind. 

I should say I only use those little aluminium "ovens" that Storz & Bickle sell, and replaced the cooling chamber with a 3D printed rubber water bong adapter so minimal cleaning. 

I get the feeling the OP has already bought the Volcano lol 

I’d love to try a mighty or a volcano. But having tried a vape twice before, and got nowhere, I’m not dropping hundreds of pounds on something that could well just end up a paperweight…

Had a volc digi for years and once this one packs up I’ll be purchasing another. I know a lot of folk don’t like the idea of bags and quite a few prefer the idea of the whip over the bags but gotta say it does it’s desired job every time. Expensive but definitely worth it .

• Like 2