Finally looking at getting a Volcanoe Vape (help)

callywally

Is it worth it? (for 400 quid it better be lol?) i tried to quit smoking (pipes) and got a decent 100 quid handheld vape a few years back but it consumes a hell of alot more green and the effect was very hit and miss. but suffering from illness atm and seeing black in my mucas recently has got me looking to stop smoking altogether and finally get a decent Vape.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

cheers

• Like 1

@callywally Yes it is :) (worth the £££)

Personally, I've had one since 2006 my first one lasted well over 10 years and when it died I bought a new one the same day. It's my daily driver.

IMHO you don't need the fancy digital one or the whip one. The reason is that with the classic easy valve you can make your own bags (any size you like!) out of the rolls and its a LOT cheaper than buying the ready-made bags. Easy to clean the chamber with a bit of ISO alcohol too so minimal maintenance.

The vapour is as thick as you want it to be too - you can get a lot of herb in the chamber and make a big or small bag for pretty intense vapour. I've owned a few vapes (Mighty, TinyMight) but nothing beats the 'cano for when you need a solid hit. I quit smoking bongs after buying the cano.

You get so fucking high too as its a lot of pure THC compared to the mix in smoke.

Recycle bonus!

Save your vaped bud to make edibles - they are decarded and ready to go.

When your bags get covered in resin on the inside you can bob them in hot milk and make a proper day-ending hot chocolate.

• Like 8

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

@callywally Yes it is :) (worth the £££)

Personally, I've had one since 2006 my first one lasted well over 10 years and when it died I bought a new one the same day. It's my daily driver.

IMHO you don't need the fancy digital one or the whip one. The reason is that with the classic easy valve you can make your own bags (any size you like!) out of the rolls and its a LOT cheaper than buying the ready-made bags. Easy to clean the chamber with a bit of ISO alcohol too so minimal maintenance.

The vapour is as thick as you want it to be too - you can get a lot of herb in the chamber and make a big or small bag for pretty intense vapour. I've owned a few vapes (Mighty, TinyMight) but nothing beats the 'cano for when you need a solid hit. I quit smoking bongs after buying the cano.

You get so fucking high too as its a lot of pure THC compared to the mix in smoke.

Recycle bonus!

Save your vaped bud to make edibles - they are decarded and ready to go.

When your bags get covered in resin on the inside you can bob them in hot milk and make a proper day-ending hot chocolate.

thanks mate, i have only ever used the volcanoe once in a'dam years ago with the mrs (she got so high she didnt even know she was high lol) so alot of that is alien language to me, when you say make your own bags, what do you mean exactly? 

any idea why the hybrid vapouriser is 100 quid more than say the Volcanoe classic gold edition?

thanks again :)

• Like 1

I got the hybrid you can make your own bags with that one too and a whip tube thing but I never use that 

Also I use the app so it's ready to go once I walked along the hallway to where it lives 

Get one mate you won't regret it even hash on high temperature is lovely 

I Been enjoying bags of rosin vapour last few days tastes amazing and gets you proper hammered 

• Like 5

@callywally

You can make your own bags rather than buy the ready-made ones from Storz & Bickel. You can buy a 3 metre roll of (basically oven bag) tubing and cut it to size to make your own bags. So if you have some mates round and want a "party bag" that's 3 feet long then you could do that :clown:

• Like 2

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

@callywally

You can make your own bags rather than buy the ready-made ones from Storz & Bickel. You can buy a 3 metre roll of (basically oven bag) tubing and cut it to size to make your own bags. So if you have some mates round and want a "party bag" that's 3 feet long then you could do that :clown:

ah i see lol. Do the bags not last long then? think im going to go for the classic gold edition and save 100+ quid.

thanks for the help bud. 

• Like 3

I had a volcano and used it every day for years. It is a fantastic bit of kit and well worth the money. I am considering getting a new one as I miss it.

• Like 4

It is a great bit of kit.  My dad was using one when he had a spinal tumour but the bastard gave it to his brother when he recovered.  I've asked him to let his brother know it is mine when he pops. :)

In the meantime I use an Arizer Extreme Q which is awesome and uses bags like the volcano, but it isn't quite as good - though it is half the price - it is more faff.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Not against the mighty plus! 

@Slippy OneI've got one of those, but I don't understand the way it works.  I've only really used it on 4 or 5 occasions and it is truly, monumentally great at getting me high, but... It seems that whatever temperature I set it from, 170 - 220, there's nothing left after 3 or 4 good blasts.  With my Arizer, I get a bag of vapour at 175, 187 & 198 before it is done.

As I say, I agree that it is truly mighty and gets me wanged silly when I take it on holiday, but how come it drains the contents of the crucible completely regardless of temperature? Lol.

• Like 1

Yes they're good but I rarely recommend them as there are many other good alternatives now 

And those crinkly bags bags annoy me 

Crinkle crinkle 

The hybrid version lets you use it directly without the crinkly bag 

A ball vape and bubbler would be my recommendation 

• Like 1

The Volcano is a tank and will last many years, well worth the money for the basic or the hybrid version.  And the DIY bags are a bonus coz all the S&B spares and peripherals cost a lot.  Bit like car companies making more profit from selling extortionately-priced parts than the motors themselves, Drake is making sure he follows the same model with S&B!

• Like 2