Karma Headbanger - WWYD?

DeltaMelter

6 hours ago, KC said:

12 weeks ain't that long, if you want your weed potent you've gotta let it have it's time. 

I'm not worried about that as such, its if some end up being 9 weekers and the others 12 weekers then I'm a bit buggered on drying space as I want my veg tent for clones - try as I might I can't seem to convince Mrs Delta of the necessity for a 3rd tent :pitchfork:

If I had a selection to take cuts from I'd probably pick the Sour D ones if I could tell them apart.

I'm looking forward to a longer flowering strain if it is more potent - I was even looking at some of Ace Seeds Panama etc Really though its more about finishing a tent full at the same time and getting a good dry.

• Like 4

Well I never...

Opened the pack of Headbanger seeds just to check that A. there were actually seeds in it and B. how many.

12 Regs it says on the pack - 18 seeds in the vial :naughty:

Karma indeed. The Canna gods have spoken.

I have enough beans now for multiple runs or a feck-em-all hail mary with the lot.

• Like 5

@KC it certainly (almost) makes up for all of my Josh D OG failing to germ! I also received 3 x Mango Lassi freebies so that's 21 seeds for about £3.30 each - not bad at all.

Plan A

I'm edging towards germing just 6 headbanger now (so 1/3 of the beans) which should hopefully give me at least one identifiable female in the next 4-5 weeks (by end Sept). I will then clone the best-looking one and can veg those 9 over October ready to fill the 4x4 tent. I don't really have room in the 3x3 to veg 18 plants as much as I'd like to germ them all! This way I could do another run with the remaining 12 seeds etc. If all 6 are male then I can still just germ the remaining 12 and go for it or run some Killer Skunk instead. The flower tent won't be free until the end of October so I think I have time to try one approach and if it fails...try the other one!

I'm really tempted to germ 3 Killer Skunk, hope for a female and do a run of them in the 3x3 at the same time. I can veg the KS a bit longer and have them finish about the same time. Hopefully, 3 beans is enough for a girl. I'm not sure the 3x3 is big enough for the OG Tini so that might have to wait but its very tempting to run them in the 3x3. The KS will likely be shorter and less stretchy though so 4 of them should fill it out nicely without hitting the roof and be done in 8 weeks ready for New Year. They can dry in the 3x3 they were grown in if the 4x4 isn't done.

As I will only have 1 Headbanger clone and one KS mum to 'keep' I might get away with keeping them vegged with regular sunlight and room lighting to keep them ticking over.

Plan B

The Hail Mary option, germ all 18 headbanger and hope for 9 females. Clone all the girls and flower them in the 4x4 - keep the 3x3 for clones. If it looks like some will finish way earlier then empty the 3x3 of clones and use it to dry, they will be 9+ weeks old by then and well established. The downside is I would need to wait for the 4x4 to be free to do this but I get to see the whole pack/all the phenos and still harvest at the same time as option A. At the moment I prefer the less exciting but results-oriented option A as I could fill both tents and harvest 13 plants instead of 9 boosting my harvest by a fair amount.

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 3

I wouldn't germ them all myself, well not with the space I have anyway. I don't know much about breeding but years back I'd buy a pack of seeds and it was like having 5 different strains in a lot of them but lately it's like what you'd think it would be, you know where they're all very similar, so much so that sometimes you'd be hard to tell the weed apart although the plant might have been different. Imagine you get all of them coming out virtually the same. I suppose it depends on what you've got stocked up, but that would piss me right off having 9 different plants all making essentially the same weed. That's if you get 9 fems, you might get more. You can't throw one away surely, it could be the best one out the lot.

Plan A i reckon :eat:

• Like 3

6 "Bangers" in the dirt, all 6 popped :) I still have 12 left which is a "full" pack

If I get 4 ladies I just might be tempted to do 4 in the 4x4 instead as I have time to veg them big and could stagger the harvest with the 3x3 if the Killer Skunk comes to anything.

Will update in a few weeks and start a diary when I know more.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering guys if anyone has any idea roughly how often do karma genetics restock their seeds? Wouldn’t mind getting hold of some headbanger seeds or their sour diesel. 

• Like 4

Those headbanger go as soon as they restock. If you want diesel @stummer I can’t recommend Connoisseur Genetics enough. Currently smoking diesel Ice cream cake and it’s just pure fuel. He’s got tons of diesel hybrids as well as S1’s of original diesel. 

@stummer I’ll pm you a sour d secret place ;) 

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, stummer said:

Just wondering guys if anyone has any idea roughly how often do karma genetics restock their seeds? Wouldn’t mind getting hold of some headbanger seeds or their sour diesel. 

Hate to admit it but it took me 6 months to get these bloomin beans. I had the email alert from Attitude set so I was notified and still missed it the first time as I was too slow, they were gone in an hour. Have to be ready with the monies and watch it like a hawk. They seem to restock at random and deffo not every month.

I have 5 Karma Lemon Rado (KarmaRado OG MTown Cut x LemonTini) flowering now that should be finished by mid October so I'll report on those if they are any good. Right now they are straight-up Lemon Pinesol Cleaner with gas OG so I'm pretty hyped. There's a pack of OG Tini in the fridge too (Josh D OG x Lemon Tini) nevermind a Lemon cheese I'm flowering too, so I've got a full-on Lemon thing going on.

• Like 1

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

They seem to restock at random and deffo not every month.

18 hours ago, stummer said:

IIRC attitude dont buy their stock directly from Karma, they buy it from another UK company who's name I won't mention seeing as we're discussing site sponsors... but they've still got Headbanger in stock :yep:

• Like 3

Cheers people, I’ll dig a little deeper. Funny how these seeds sell out so fast. Honestly it was just someone at work popping open one them plastic pots of ami. Made me think time to start fucking about with old strains again. Headbanger popped up when really looking at sour diesels. Then seemed to read nothing but good reviews about it.

• Like 2