How often do you water? Can you overwater?

David Attenborough

You really have to actively do everything wrong to overwater coco lol

After potting plants up, I water until there is some drain through and give them a drought period of 48 hours after which they get watered once a day until drain - the amount needed to achieve drain off increases daily until I'm watering until full saturation, (IE it might only take 300ml in a gallon pot to achieve drain to begin with, but full saturation is 1.5L) after that I watch run off volume and EC and add irrigation events (full saturation until drain) accordingly.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

I still ain’t got my watering routine as good as I know it can be. I got clones ages ago from my mate and they had already rooted the first pots. Remember him telling me I was letting my pots get to light. When I’d water though they’d get droopy, turned out I was packing the coco down too much. After I stopped doing that it’s been basically impossible to over water. But I still feel I could/should have better roots. With the clones I got I was watering every day and didn’t even have to worry about the weight of the pot tbh. Growth felt a lot quicker as well. 

See different routines mentioned for watering. I’ve gone from jiffys into first pots, watered till run off then let the pots get a little light. Plenty roots poking out the bottom of the pots to be fair. After the first watering, I’ve watered them every third day. That will become more frequent until its daily then into final pots. It would be sooner no doubt if they wasn’t just sat under a 250w cfl. End up with decent yields but yeah deffo an area I can improve on. Deffo don’t let the coco dry out but don’t keep it constantly soaked when not rooted. All been said before and can read plenty but just have to get a feel for it by being hands on.