cal mag?

snotbottom

2 hours ago, sweettooth said:

I've looked at them and as a solid vitalink user for years with fair results, I wonder if the extra cost would give me more benefits ????

Vitalink is manufactured to make money these days and it reflects in the quality of output. That wasn't always the case, but (i think) 2 reformulations, 2 manufacturer changes and 4 rebrands later it's not the same wholesome, made in Sheffield, stuff that it used to be. Quite a lot of the additives are manufactured (rebottled stuff out of their own range) by Evoponic (Turbo, Chill, Heat off the top of my head) so it wouldn't be too out there to think maybe Evoponic make the rest of the range for them, too, which isn't necesarily a bad thing but Evoponic excel at biostimulants not mineral feed, their own brand base nutrients did not live up to the expectation set by the quality of some of their choice biostimulants, I can assure you lol

I tried the current incarnation of Vitalink when they launched the latest rebrand and reformulation, I was given the whole range to try although that was some years ago now.... anyway, I quite liked the Root Stim truth be told (not as good as that old smelly stuff though, biopak was it?), but I wasn't enamoured with the quality of end product. I always go back to Growers Ark simply because for me, it produces the best quality end product, yield, potency and actual smokability, in the most hassle free way.

My only gripe with GA is the dilution, compared to other ranges you do burn through it quite quickly and that is usually the driving force for me trying different stuff, but for the reasons aforementioned, I keep going back, nothing tops it.

2 hours ago, sweettooth said:

wondering I need all the additives or just the plain A&B, Root tonic and Extra Traces,

AB, root tonc and traces is more than enough, I've used bio boost a few times to increase the EC without lowering the pH anymore (cos of the nitric acid in the HW range) to avoid having to do any pH adjustments, but thats not a scenario that happens very often tbh.

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 4

@GSZZ this is very good to know, I used vitalink since the single feed days and was a bit miffed when they went to a 2 part feed years ago. Getting low on feed so gonna geab the GA range and see how I go