Advice on Curing please

Guggsy

@Revive I put them back this morning to dry further, in my drying station. I might put them back into the jars later or tomorrow.

large.64df4d652ab6d_Curing1.jpg

large.64df4d66b0ee4_Curing2.jpg

Where I put them to dry, I have the lid open slightly for air circulation.

• Like 3

This has been THE weak link in my growing to date (dry / cure) so I invested in a wine cooler plus a few other bits and followed the thread in this section to hopefully provide my current run with the perfect drying environment. I've been away the past week but literally can not wait to get home and try the result 

Wine cooler thread

Edited by 5Lip
  • Like 2

@5Lip looks like you gone all out. mate nice one :thumsup:I just dry mine in the container, once dried chuck them in jars with Hygrometer in each jar, and store in my room, inside a wardrobe.

The thing is i'd love a grow tent and grow indoors, but finding a large enough area to grow what i need is hard, so next best option is grow outside and dry in my storage box and once dried cure in my room in jars.

The only thing I never manage to achieve, year on year is big fat nugs. mine always come out quite leafy. But does the job.

The cooler cost £30 and the bits £20 so a bit of investment for hopefully a lot of reward. I've been drying in my "room in a shed" for a while but definitely noticed a decrease in quality when drying in both the warmer months (too quick) and coldest months (too slow)

Edited by 5Lip

@5Lip Yeah I have that also. anything above 30c my storage box gets afternoon sun, so my bud dries way to quick 3-4 days, and it is dry to a crisp, this year about 1½ weeks, and then I decided to jar up. As I didn't want it to dry out to much.

Edited by Guggsy

51 minutes ago, Guggsy said:

I put them back this morning to dry further, in my drying station. I might put them back into the jars later or tomorrow.

Think thats a good idea dude..I presume the rh in the 2 jars had jumped right back up when you checked them today? Honestly apart from throwing ounces upon ounces of rotten bud away each season which is normal when growing outdoors i can't think of anything more heartbreaking than finding jars of bud that have grown fur and need to be binned or weed that tastes like you pulled a bag of hay from your back yard.. hope its a bit dryer when you put it back in the jars :yep:

• Like 1

@Revive yeah back up to 77%-78%, then opened the jars for an hour or so, came down to 73% so I thought fuck it, I put them back in the box outside for the day and jar up later. see what happens.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Guggsy said:

@Revive yeah back up to 77%-78%, then opened the jars for an hour or so, came down to 73% so I thought fuck it, I put them back in the box outside for the day and jar up later. see what happens.

I see your drying box is outside, have you checked the rh inside the box? If its high they may not dry to how you want them and thats where a cardboard box or paper bag helps imo..it will wick away some of the moisture and nice and slowly making your end product better once ready for jars.

There's loads of diff methods to get it right but that depends on the curcumstances of the person drying it :yep:

55 minutes ago, Guggsy said:

so my bud dries way to quick 3-4 days, and it is dry to a crisp

When it flash drys like that its really not nice too consume..i read you vape your bud so maybe its a bit better that way but to smoke it in a joint its really horrible.

Guggsy have a look at grove bags for curing your weed..game changer for me after trying them for the first time last season and as good as glassware imo..I pulled some bud out of 1 yesterday and its exactly the same as the day I put it in there.. you have no burping to do either just dry it bag it and forget.. I highly recommend them for ease of curing..cheap too :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Revive said:

I see your drying box is outside, have you checked the rh inside the box? If its high they may not dry to how you want them and thats where a cardboard box or paper bag helps imo..it will wick away some of the moisture and nice and slowly making your end product better once ready for jars.

There's loads of diff methods to get it right but that depends on the curcumstances of the person drying it :yep:

When I put them to dry this morning i stuck the 2 hygros in there as well.

I just jarred them back up a couple of hours ago, and looked at the hygros while they were sitting on the nets. 56%-57%rh temp was about 27c.

just checked now while they are in jars 70%rh. will leave them in the jars now and check in the morning, and open the jars as necessary. at least the rh dropped by 10%. it may go up by 1% or 2% overnight but no way as high to be in the upper 70s.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Revive said:

When it flash drys like that its really not nice too consume..i read you vape your bud so maybe its a bit better that way but to smoke it in a joint its really horrible.

Guggsy have a look at grove bags for curing your weed..game changer for me after trying them for the first time last season and as good as glassware imo..I pulled some bud out of 1 yesterday and its exactly the same as the day I put it in there.. you have no burping to do either just dry it bag it and forget.. I highly recommend them for ease of curing..cheap too :yep:

I might look into getting some for next years grow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guggsy said:

just checked now while they are in jars 70%rh. will leave them in the jars now and check in the morning,

I'd do tomorrow what you did today just to be safe dude.. leave on the nets again all day jar in the eve and you should be about right :yep:

• Like 1

Hey all just tried my stuff for the 1st time today. Royal AK jar 1 out of 7. This hasn't been flushed, but drytime was week and a half, and about a week and a day curing. RH leveel in jar is 57%.

Thank you all for the advise.

• Like 2