Needed A Bigger Pot

Guggsy

Depends what feed Ur using I suppose each to their own tho,:yep:Never had a problem feeding 3 times week using plant magic tbh,but has been a while since I used it ,I think they changed the recipe a few years backlol

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stayup4ever said:

Depends what feed Ur using I suppose each to their own tho,:yep:Never had a problem feeding 3 times week using plant magic tbh,but has been a while since I used it ,I think they changed the recipe a few years backlol

yeah i hear you on feeding and each to their own but it does run way deeper than that !  
each plant is unique , some dont want it , some thrive on it , suppose matabolism and like us we all diff.

the comment on feeding related to the ops comments and what im seeing in the pics :george:     
the ops says hes feeding 2 to 3 times a wk , still getting dificiencies and the plants lethargic / droopy and unhappy.

I would be backing off , let her settle and try again ,  quite poss a build up and shes not taking up what she needs.

just like us when we over eat ,  lethargic, groggy , shitty.   
i could be way off but it all fits with what the ops saying and the pics showing.  

• Like 1

@OldFord @stayup4ever Starting to get a little worried now regarding my special kush#1 photoperiod, starting to go past mid august now, and I am still not seeing any signs of bud development. just more new leaves. I cut off any leaves that where yellow as close to the leaf as possoble, as advised to cause less stress. just looked at the temps in the coming weeks highs of 19c and lows of 12c, with crappy amounts of sun. next week will be 24c-13c I am starting to think due to the crappy summer we had this plant is going to be a write off and a waste of time. As I said before I brought this as predictions from weather people was saying we gonna get hot summers 30c+, so as I wanted to try my 1st photoperiodI thought I'd grow one that can handle high temps in full sun.

I can see where the buds are supposed to develop, but not showing any pistals yet.

What do you folks think.

Hi mate don't panic,try and be patient she's still in veg at the moment by the sounds of it,so don't worry to much about the temperature etc

Different cultivars flower at different times,some early and some abit later in the season.

I've never grown special kush#1 so not sure when she would start to flower and finish roughly,maybe others on here have grown it before,,you could try using the search option on here maybe something will come up.

Pop some pics up of how she's looking now mate 

• Like 1

@stayup4ever I think @OldFord was growing some in his greenhouse,  and he was getting pistals coming up, a few weeks back. Mine ain't doing shit apart from producing more leaves.

I was just concerned as this was the 1st photo so not to sure how long it takes, how the weather will affect it. Auto's piss of piss.

@stayup4ever here are some pictures taken today. Not the best as it is a bit blowey outside.

large.64e0a90711cd0_SPK1.219-08-23.jpg

large.64e0a90581e0c_SPK119-08-23.jpg

large.64e0a903ef800_SPK1.319-08-23.jpg I tried to get a close up but wind blowing the branches about to much but no pistals yet.

• Like 5

@Guggsy
Plenty of mine are still vegging and not showing yet.

I can push to early November but most are done early to mid October  (Lat 51)
From its position in your pic you may want to check for light pollution in the garden. Too bright and it will inhibit flowering of Photoperiod plants. 

• Like 2

@Lea Valley it grows in the pot in my garden, not in a tent, the only light source at night is a street lamp. nothing I can do about that. but it is a little distance away, probably about 20m-30m away. (Lat 52)

Edited by Guggsy

1 Question I do want to know if someone can tell me. How can you tell when a plant needs watering or feeding. I know watering if the leaves begin to droop, or look floppy, but could that also mean the plant needs feeding. 

Waiting to see deficiencies is surely to late.

I have been told to feed at each watering, according to the plants maturity.  but if you feed to much then you come to danger of over feeding, and causing nute burn.

But when people say the plant needs watering or the plant needs feeding how can you tell the difference?

Im guessing repotting her at this stage of the game & season may well have slowed her down a tad in getting her thing on ,  nothing to worry about as she will get going in her own time.

Yes it may mean a later chop and testing her outdoor prowess :yep:

To be fair the latter pics i think she looks ok ,  shes not any diff to my Shaman,  yeah the leaves can droop a tad a times but mainly shes sheltering herself from the wind and keeping heat in , pretty natural.   

Wilting and droppy can also be induced by lack of water ,  carry on as you are as she does look ok.   

A hungry plant , not thirsty , but hungru will generally show on the fans first.  

If your seriously worried about her not triggering then can you force her ?      A shed or a blacked out G/H  ,  some form of darkenss for a week just to kick her into action ?? 

She will flower mate,  may be later than expected , but the repot certainly wont have helped ,  if you can intially force her she will carry on :george:

All the best with her mate     ,   im not on much  , only come on to send a pm ,  but shout me if your stuck as will be in /  out but more out for next few weeks. 

• Like 4

IMG_5287.jpg

Half a handful of FBB every two weeks, water when light. I've just gave this 15l of magic sky water.

I wouldn't feed yours for a couple of weeks, that new compost and any nute build up should feed it until then. 

Remember... it's a weed. :yep:

ATB

PR

• Like 5

@Punta Roja yes I was thinking that, I just been out now and gave it a good watering only, as the leaves looked droopy. But it has been looking droopy all day, I thought the rain last night would have been enough, but it wasn't, after this watering the plant looked perkier after a few mins.

The only reason I was feeding, was due to the, leaves going yellow in the other pot. I thought it may be down to defficiences, but feeding it each time didn't really help. but since I transffered it to a bigger pot, it seems happier.

Time will tell.

What r u growing and when did u plant it. I started this one may 20th and it sprouted in 4 days.

• Like 1

my "inverted T" growing method - bottomless pot on a prepared bed of growing medium - has given me all sorts of headaches with the photoperiod but these are exclusively down to the sheer size of the plant. I haven't had any issues with watering. Having now chopped the plant back again and tied it down quite aggressively, it's currently 8ft wide and 6ft high.

@Guggsy If you're in the UK, you can get a cheap (£6) meter from Wilko's that will give you a good indication of the water content of your growing medium. It will also measure pH (it's the green box in the image). 

I'm using the same inverted T arrangement for my first grow in a tent - builders bucket with the bottom cut off, sat on 15cm of growing medium. Think I'll only need 2 photos for a 1m x 1m growing space using this method. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

The photoperiod is showing early signs of pre-flower but that's about it.

large.64e0fd6bc7317_cbd198231.jpglarge.64e0fd6e2c566_cbd198232.jpglarge.64e0fd6ff201d_cbd198233.jpg

• Like 5

@disco survivor @Revive @stayup4ever @OldFord

I took some more pictures this morning, after watering it yesterday afternoon. As the day went on yesterday the leveas looked more and more droopy as you can see from yesterdays pictures. I think also since the repot the plant seems happier, as the roots can breath, and have more space to grow.

But one concerning thing which I didn't think about is light leak in my garden as @Lea Valley brought to light yesterday. There is a street lamp about 20m-30m away from my garden, which does illuminate the garden slightly. Also where the plant is positioned, when my bedroom lights come on, the light shines through my back door to garden. the reason why I ppositioned my plants where they are, is because that is where i get optimum sun time 8am till 7pm, then shaded by house. I can't move the plant else where as the pot is heavy and would be difficult to move for me. 

large.64e1e2d926703_SPK120-08-23.jpg

large.64e1e2da14b08_SPK1.220-08-23.jpg

large.64e1e2db54f77_SPK1.320-08-23.jpg

large.64e1e2d796775_SPK1.420-08-23.jpg

Less blowey outside today

• Like 3

The street lighting wont be an issue ,  seen plants grown almost directly under them with no adverse effect.  

I honestly think its O P F S ... over protective father syndrome lol  lol      honestly mate ,  from those pics she looks ok to me.

Yes she will use up the energy from the lower fans,  some will yellow off and need removing as she spends their usefulness.   

Shes prob gonna take 2wks to settle into her now pot ,  let her settle and she will get into her groove soon enough mate. 

Good luck mate

• Like 2