RIP Wilko

Slippy One

Aye, the place to go at the station in an emergency for a shite mass market paperback cos you forgot to pack a decent book, which you then deliberately leave on the train at the end of your journey lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

The 40l coco block for £4 is the cheapest around , that and pound lands 10l for £1

Ive been looking on line and on amazon, a seller called Elixir Gardens sells them in bulk for a good price at £79.99 for 10 x 75l blocks

Ive found a location that's good for swamp tubes but going to put a few trail cameras up this week and see if anyone pops in between now and next spring and if not, i will use it as it's got a stream there as well 

• Like 3

My first job out of school was working at Wilko’s, they were lovely people, it’s one of the few jobs I’ve had that I actually enjoyed, it was full of cougars and I was game lol It started as a single hardware shop in Leicester and is now owned my the great grandkids, be sad if it go’s under.

• Like 5

On 11/08/2023 at 11:59 AM, ratdog said:

this begs the question, who the fuck is running WH Smiths? they never have any customers here, running shops in shitty dead end towns, and the last time i went in for printer ink, they had loads, but it was for all the old models, just sat there gathering dust lol

they have to be next, or, they are definitely a front for an organised crime outfit lol

I guess they must be a ''Cover''- like a nail bar or something lol

Smiths is often empty.. When I popped in for something, {Post office}  there were shoplifters just shovelling stuff into carrier bags.

The woman at the till said 'They know I can't stop them- that's why the shelves {in certain categories} are bare.

• Like 2

On 16/08/2023 at 8:58 AM, Barry blunt said:

My first job out of school was working at Wilko’s, they were lovely people, it’s one of the few jobs I’ve had that I actually enjoyed, it was full of cougars and I was game lol It started as a single hardware shop in Leicester and is now owned my the great grandkids, be sad if it go’s under.

NO way! 

I've heard of Cougars, but amongst women of a certain age, it's considered poor form to target someone who could be your son's age.  

• Like 1

Just cleared my local out. Having a chat with the lady on the till, she rang everything through at 50 percent even though it was 30 bless her. She even went as far as to say "you should've just walked out with it" lol

Shame I had my hands full

• Like 1

Pretty much @DutchFox

I took the cashier at her word from last time lol all sorts of goodies.

Even caught me a wild baghead so I'll be getting loads of discounts from here on out 

• Like 2

Apparently the HMV owner is close to agreeing a deal. Won't save several hundred support jobs though, which will be made redundant on Monday... :( 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went through nottingham town centre the other day WOW like the blitz has just happened

On 11/08/2023 at 8:47 AM, badbillybob said:

but apparently the economy is booming, if you listen to those privately educated arseholes, and their right wing press slime.

oh yeah and the loony lefties are much better,,,

• Like 1

Frankly, at this point, almost anything would be better than the thirteen year tory shit show we've had to endure, but yes, any truly left government would probably be better than the current populism and demagoguery of the right here and internationally. :yep: 

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 7

Gutted for the Wilkos employees. Hope they can all find jobs elsewhere. It's a real shame about Wilko, I suppose budget conscious growers and home brewers will have to look elsewhere for supplies now, and pay more... :( 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/09/2023 at 10:45 AM, Cursed said:

Frankly, at this point, almost anything would be better than the thirteen year tory shit show we've had to endure, but yes, any truly left government would probably be better than the current populism and demagoguery of the right here and internationally. :yep: 

Doing great in our schools with their nonceing  :yep: