Newbie auto grower.

Gandyman

Ideally you want to be looking at the glandular resin heads to determine ripeness.

Most folk want cloudy heads with a smattering of ambers mixed in , if you want a bit more dunt rather than a head high leave it until you get more than a smattering of ambers :yep:

Looks like you have a week or two to go at least.

:yinyang:

@Gandyman You need a jewelers loupe. When you look at the flowers up close, youll see little hair-like structures that end in a little blob. When that blob begins forming it will be crystal clear, see-through. Later as it matures, it turns to milky white and then amber. You want to harvest when 70 or 80% of the blobs are milky white and some of then have started to turn amber.
Thats the cannabinoids maturing. They do not stop maturing after harvest though, UV radiation, light and oxygen degrade the blobs further, so youll want to dry it in darkness and then seal it away in a glass jar, in a dark cool cupboard.

Congratulations! It is indeed rewarding when you reach that final moment, but gutting at the same time when you run out of your very own crop. Hopefully youve gathered enough knowledge to make the next run better. And each subsequent run youll have better and better results, the more work you put in. Youll find that the investment in equipment will carry over, which makes the aqcuisition (or upgrade) of the rest easier, since you dont have to begin gathering stuff from scratch.

Enjoy! :bong::hippy:

• Like 3

I will say I’ve thoroughly enjoyed growing them,I’ve just planted 3 this time in a different soil/coir/perlite mix and I’ve got 2 lights now and not relying on the sun! fingers crossed I will get more this time.

I’ve seen online how you look at the flowers,they are tiny! Might need a microscope

:-)

thank you for the advice :-)

• Like 3