Newbie auto grower.

Gandyman

Hi,I’m new to the group and new to growing.having read about the auto flowing variant so I thought I would give it a go.

I have gone for a very basic first grow and gone for normal compost with perlite and some slow release plant food.

I planted 1 crème caramel and 1 seed that came free,no idea what it is.

They started off on the bedroom window sill and have now been moved to the garage window with some foil backed insulation around them.

I’m about 5 weeks in and these are the results so far(see pics)

I would be grateful of any tips and tricks that would useful without spending loads of money.I’m not after a huge return just enough to keep me going.

Thanks

• Like 2

What I would say is that if you want enough to keep you going it really depends how much you smoke. The buds production needs as much light as possible, space to grow roots and good soil, which is why you see a lot of indoor tents or outdoor plots from the growers and the reason is that say my example I invested in small tent and 100w led light on offer from amazon repurposed some fans and spend prob £500 that plant gave me 111g and I ran 2 and got like 150g ish in total so its like unless you do something.. your plant will flower and probably stay small and after you dry it maybe your getting 7-14g if you are lucky so. Outdoor growing I dont know much about but I do read a lot of the posts about it because its interesting and probably the better option if your only interested in return/cost ratio probably. For me I run like 6-7 plants now under 2x 100w lights and I just about manage to grow enough to see me to the next harvest...but then I do smoke kinda loads aswell so there is that, for me that  setupcost was a no brainer tho cause its like in the long term because it felt like it paid for itself immediately.

• Like 4

Thanks for your reply’s,I do pop them out for a bit of sun when we actually get some but I have to be careful as I’m right in the West Country and it gets a tad blowy.

I’ve seen some growing bits on marketplace,so might invest in a light,the missus might take a bit of persuading on the tent,I’ve just about managed to get two plants so won’t push it just yet.

I’d be more than happy with 10g for a first go,100g would last me years,but it is quite an addictive hobby.

Yeah a tent is your best option to control the environment, auto's like to be warm as in like 28-30 range to keep them happy and being in normal compost you'll need to feed them nutrients and lots of light. Some will run 18 hours on and 6 off but my current auto's have had 24/7 light since they popped their little heads up.

If you do buy a tent you will need a carbon filter on the extraction system to minimize the smell as you'll go nose blind, so what may stink to others you won't even notice lol 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply’s,I do pop them out for a bit of sun when we actually get some but I have to be careful as I’m right in the West Country and it gets a tad blowy.

I’ve seen some growing bits on marketplace,so might invest in a light,the missus might take a bit of persuading on the tent,I’ve just about managed to get two plants so won’t push it just yet.

I’d be more than happy with 10g for a first go,100g would last me years,but it is quite an addictive hobby.

I was hoping that summer would live up to its name but unfortunately it’s not been very sunny,I popped them into the garden for an hour last night as the fog cleared!!!!

On 8/10/2023 at 6:34 PM, Gandyman said:

I was hoping that summer would live up to its name but unfortunately it’s not been very sunny,I popped them into the garden for an hour last night as the fog cleared!!!!

3ish months for 10 grams? whats the point

1 hour ago, Lubdub said:

Sometimes it's not the destination, but the journey. lol

Unless you're on your way home from work to sit down in front of the TV and get fucked up.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So the big question is……,,,how the hell do I know when it is ready? The plant is only a 30cm tall,it’s a learning curve and i made a few mistakes.ive done lots of googling but it seems there is no real 100 per cent time.i think they’ve been in about 12 weeks.

thank you.large.IMG_2766.jpeglarge.IMG_2767.jpeglarge.IMG_2771.jpeg

• Like 4