Has peoples use changed over last few years ?

MySoulIsMine

54 minutes ago, RandalMcmurphy said:

I just got a new ball vape yesterday so hopefully that will cut my usage a bit but I will still dab all day too.

a vape won't touch the sides lol

• Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

a vape won't touch the sides lol

It will as I can vape weed and concentrates at the same time. 

• Like 2

Just now, RandalMcmurphy said:

It will as I can vape weed and concentrates at the same time. 

if you are dabbing all day and thinking adding a vape will make a difference, you are wasting your money ;)

• Like 1

I smell people smoking weed in the street far more now than ever before, pretty much every time I go out I walk past someone smoking a joint. No idea about people's buying habits, I haven't bought weed in 20 years (since I joined the site and learned to grow my own). My own use has only changed insomuch as I now eat it more than I used to (again because I learned about decarboxylation and how to make edibles from here), I find it to be a nicer buzz.

E2A I really don't understand people paying silly money for 'cali weed', but then again I don't really get buying it from a dealer at all when you can grow it yourself.

I suspect that some of the reason why people buy expensive weed is a status thing, like buying expensive trainers, expensive booze and shit like that, being seen to have name brand stuff and/or the belief that expensive means better - not all people, maybe not even most people but I'm sure it's a reason for some.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 6

Interesting read.....I do between 3 (work day) and 5 (weekend / fishing / non work day) single skinners of pure and feel it keeps me calm / fully functional & productive if I wish but I also (love to) wake and bake and spend a few hrs in bed dossing about / sending emails / work stuff etc.

What I have noticed / changed over the yrs is I need the effects (of the previous smoke) to have fully worn off (normally 2-3 hrs) before enjoying another smoke. Smoking soon after smoking does nothing for me which keeps consumption reasonably low and consistent.

I don't drink, work (a few hrs) & exercise (a few hrs) most days and eat healthy cannabis is my.only."Vice" but I love the stuff. Really enjoyed learning how to grow which I never thought I would do 

• Like 2

I wish I could moderate it like some of you. I am in a terrible place with it if I am honest. I just can't slow it down, I have a bit of RSO and turn my volcano on first thing and hit it a few times every hour. I don't even really get stoned now tbh can't tell you the last time I enjoyed a proper high, just get this weird spaced out feeling. I try leaving it till later in the morning but I end up just sitting obsessing over it and ends up wasting the morning being too stressed out. Going till the afternoon without any is unthinkable at the moment but my goal is to not have anything before 6pm. This daily use has been going on since 2010 it's just difficult to break such an ingrained habit. Feels like im wasting electricity growing when my tolerance is so high

I don't drink or sit in a pub telling the same stories from when I was 14 every weekend . All my mates just sniff and talk crap looking really weird . I'd rather smoke weed than be that kind of person, anyday. The modern world the way it operates , makes me smoke too much.

• Like 2

My use hasn't ever really changed, I'm of an age where joints were king, and they still are in my world,  really.

I've tried the vape thing but they just don't replace a fatty  for me!

I do bongs now and then but again  big fat pure joints are my fave way of consuming, and with me growing and constantly smoking different varieties it seems to have kept my tolerance down somewhat and I still get baked pretty easily this far along,  even with smoking  it  all day erry day!

I've never been one for the dabs and stuff, being a proper weed head  I dread to think how much I'd consume if I went that way with my toking, I'm still happy with my  fatty bom batty's, 

Apart from the odd break my consumption hasn't really changed  in over 30 years, biggest changes for me in those years  is stopping smoking soap bar and removing tobacco from my life.

Other than that I'm pretty much  the same  stoner I've always been since the beginning  of my teenage years. 

People used to say, yeh, you're consumption will drop when you change to smoking pure and kick that evil baccy!! 

Did that and I can categorically  tell you now after 12 years of smoking pure only  my consumption definitely hasn't dropped by smoking pure fatties all day. lol 

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Did someone say dabs for breakfast?!

I'm still hitting it as hard as ever, big ol' bat first thing every fuckin day.

Heck I wake up at 3am for a oney and go back to sleep lol

• Like 3

@MySoulIsMine it sounds like you would definitely benefit from a tolerance break :) 

A change of habit is required,

do you have any hobbies that have getting been ignored?

Get outside and enjoy nature in whatever form you can find it.

Offer to walk a neighbours dog if you don’t have one :yep:

Atb

• Like 4

Since growing my own my usage went up, but after i quit tobacco my usage went down, tho I smoke blunts 1-2 times a days and each blunt contains more weed than all the spliffs I'd smoke in a day :g:

• Like 1

I think people can really torture themselves about their consumption. I knew I had to stop smoking tobacco because I kept coughing up blood which is never a good sign. As for weed I'd never intended on stopping of cutting down I just do what suits me. 

It definitely doesn't suit some people to blast it all day or long term for that matter. I've had a few mates who it's fucked up and they can't even go into a shop when stoned but that isn't everyone. I'm the opposite if I didn't get blasted in the morning I wouldn't be leaving the house to inflict my angry head on the world. Same goes if I didn't bring abit with me I'd go home and get it, but I find I'm not a desperate for it not using tobacco, but I also think vaping gets me higher for longer which is probably another reason for not needing as much during the day.

16 hours ago, Shumroom said:

@MySoulIsMine it sounds like you would definitely benefit from a tolerance break :) 

A change of habit is required,

do you have any hobbies that have getting been ignored?

Get outside and enjoy nature in whatever form you can find it.

Offer to walk a neighbours dog if you don’t have one :yep:

Atb

I get withdrawal symptoms within 4 hours of not smoking in the morning. Not worth the misery I have too many responsibilities to do. I have a dog of my own and keeps me busy enough, also get to gym every day so it's not as if I'm sitting around doing nothing. My hobbies / job is making music, and I still manage to do that while using weed

4 hours ago, MySoulIsMine said:

I get withdrawal symptoms within 4 hours of not smoking in the morning.

Can I ask what symptoms you get? 

The reason I ask is because I have to take some serious pills in order to deal with chronic pain. 

If I run out of my pills for 24hrs or more I get struck with opiate withdrawal(absolute fucking nightmare). 

As far as I'm aware Cannabis isn't addictive, 

I have been consuming Cannabis for over 20 years. 

I don't get any physical symptoms from not smoking Cannabis. 

I even had a break of over a year when a grow in my flat was busted,

with no adverse affects. 

I'm not having a go. 

But it sounds like you are psychology addicted not physically, 

that's why I recommend you change your routine. 

Good on you for being able to make money from making music, 

I only do it for personal pleasure :)

What kind of music do you make? 

Atb 

• Like 4