Has peoples use changed over last few years ?

MySoulIsMine

Is it just me or has peoples attitude to herb changed a bit recently? I remember coming here 10 years ago, everyone was keen as fuck, ripping dabs for breakfast, joints and edibles all day. Now it seems like tokers in general have become a bit more tamed? Everyone seems to be quitting or cutting down due to bad mental health etc. Has the energy costs had something to do with it ? Not as many people growing now ? Something has definitely changed in the weed scene as a whole but I’m not sure what it is, all started with the influx of cali packs imo thers this strange elitist attitude, especially with the younger clueless tokers who buy the 80 quid 8ths 

• Like 3

All of us are 10 years older now  butt and feel our mortality a lot more as we age and lots of people  try to get Into better habits for health reasons, maybe.

:yinyang:

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, MySoulIsMine said:

Everyone seems to be quitting or cutting down

at that price, i'm not surprised lol

• Like 3

Anyone who is buying those cali packs at £80 an 8th needs their head looking at and stopping would be a wise decision.

• Like 11

I think I'm way higher now when I partake to when I used to smoke as I vape but it also means I consume far less weed, that's no bad thing. I think the worlds gone crazy for the weed. Cali stuff is an example, people have got to be keen to pay that. We know what it is, we grow the stuff and I think we do it rather well, there's no way in the world you can justify those prices. Imagine tomatoes for £100 a kilo, they just wouldn't sell would they? It seems everywhere I go, someone is smoking weed, talking about weed, asking where to get weed etc

Yeah the site isn't as busy as it used to be, young people tend to use insta or whatever the other ones are called nowadays or there's the option of watching some drivel on youtube which is far easier than searching through 20 years of info. As to less people growing it, well no, I'd say for certain there is more and more, there has to be, it's coming from somewhere.

• Like 9

For me everyone just thinks oils & dabs are healthier for you & get you higher. In all honesty their probably not & a lot more expensive. If your wanting to go healthy try a smoking blend of mugwort & mullien in your joint/pipe. But the real problem is the dealers are getting greedy as hell. Buy weed £100 of gangs or sometimes less & drop it in a £2 cali bag charging average joe £100 a 1/8 Oz for what they would normally charge £25 for. Greedy fuckers making people quite smoking weed at these prices then wondering were all the smokers have gone. Gone to bashed cocaine & pregabapentine because its cheaper :yinyang:

• Like 2

My usage has changed as I have got older as I am calmer than I used to be.  I also drive more and don't want to be caught driving under the influence and my family often needs me unpredictably compared to previous years.  I also don't really want to be out of my face all day every day.  On top of that, I indulged my munchies too much for years, got a bit porky and realise that if I smoke less, I eat less. A few people find that weed doesn't suit their mental state as they get older.

Maybe fewer people bang on about blazing loads all day now, is that it isn't something that impresses more mature stoners and the scene is that much more overground.

Admitting you were a stoner in the 90s got more of a reaction than it does now etc.

Each to their own.  The less of anything  you use to have fun, the cheaper it is and the better it is for you by and large :)

• Like 4

Only cause i cant grow at the moment , im just keeping from forgetting what its like to wake n bake:haveadab::stoned::yinyang:

• Like 2

My usage has went up since lockdown. I had to find alternative means of scoring. Done a bit of research and I've never been happier with the selection out there. I vape most of my weed because it gets me higher but still smoke Joints and my little spoon pipe. I just got a new ball vape yesterday so hopefully that will cut my usage a bit but I will still dab all day too.

Like the poster said above. A lot of us are getting older and realising our own mortality. Me, I'm a 24/7 as my ma didn't raise no quitter.

• Like 2

Having practically unlimited weed, if I have too much, I'm just tired. It reaches a point where it just becomes boring and after the 1st toke/vape doesn't hit the same. Get way more milage with a few select tokes/vapes day instead of mongsville. 

Who the fuck is doing dabs and edibles for bfast plus toking all day anyway? Where's the party? lol

• Like 7

Giving up the tobacco is what did me the most. Jiffa told me I'd use less weed if I went pure, which made me laugh as it does everyone I give the same advice to. Then I stopped smoking weed and started vaping, I use even less weed. Way higher though when I do partake but that could be to me having less practice.

Edibles ruin me lol

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Having practically unlimited weed, if I have too much, I'm just tired. It reaches a point where it just becomes boring and after the 1st toke/vape doesn't hit the same. Get way more milage with a few select tokes/vapes day instead of mongsville. 

Who the fuck is doing dabs and edibles for bfast plus toking all day anyway? Where's the party? lol

I have infused honey in my morning porridge and have a joint as soon as I wake up. I'm at it all day. I'm not a medical patient although I would qualify. Lots of people are toking all day. 

By by the way, that rug really held the room together man and that's just like your opinion. What a movie. No body fucks with the Jesus.

• Like 3

When I was smoking I would have had a kingskin first thing in the morning then single skinners through the day then kingskins until I went to bed. It was mainly a tobacco addiction.

I now just vape so my routine has changed, I turn the volcano on first thing have a couple of bags then bring my pax with me incase I feel like a blast during the day although most of the time I don't bother. Then the volcano is on for the evening having bags here and there.

My biggest problem was tobacco and I never smoked rollies so my nicotine addiction was controlling my cannabis intake. I done that for over 20 years basically taking the enjoyment away from cannabis.

The best thing I done was stop smoking tobacco, now I vape cannabis when I want rather than when my body craves nicotine. I use less and can actually taste my weed and enjoy its full effects now rather than getting that smoked out feeling from too much tobacco. 

• Like 3