Advice on nutes for a first coco grow

DrumBoy420

Happy days Ive just ordered the advance nutrients for coco ph perfect  grow and bloom

Really looking forward to seeing what coco yields bring me without the faffing of PH 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2023 at 2:12 PM, stu914 said:

I've been using these for well over ten years with top class results, you pay top price for them though...

Never adjusted ph and never had a yellow leaf, dead easy to use.

My water EC is 0.3 but I can't see any reason these nutes wouldn't work with yours, well worth a try...:yep:

It's meant for soft water for it to work as intended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

I think you'll be disappointed with that outlook. 

I can only but try and see how things go but @stu914 seems to have decent results and reading earlier posts I Don think he worries about the PH 

I've tried different nutrients over the years so be good to compare 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fatboy77 said:

Was half joking.  Your post read like now you don't have to pH the yield will increase.

And stu would get decent results from half a washing machine and some Tomorite lol

Glad ya were joking as I've no idea lol I was meaning the yield coco brings. 

I used to grow coco but my bluelab pens always gave misleading readings and my plants took the effect and nothing went smoothly  

I then moved over to soil and use biotabs and you don't ph and just give plain tap water but I'm finding my yields are alot poorer in soil and wanted to go back to coco but without the hassle of having a PH. 

Saying that I just got over 85g off my seedstockers banana thunder so feck knows but it'll be worth a try as I'm reading positive things about it 

2 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

And stu would get decent results from half a washing machine and some Tomorite 

If the advanced nutes hadn't worked that was the next plan....:rofl:

@Darknight420710

I've tried all sorts of grow methods over the years and nearly always had issues.

When I was growing DWC a guy in the local growshop put me onto Advanced and I haven't used anything else since.

Moved on to my current system which is a top-fed, open-flow, medium free grow.

I follow the feed guidlines on the Advanced bottles for the various growth stages checking with the CF truncheon at the same time.

Delighted with the results which are proving to be consistent.

Hope you ordered the coco ones? :yep:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

Delighted with the results which are proving to be consistent.

Hope you ordered the coco ones? :yep:

Hi bud, yeah it's the coco grow A&B and Bloom A&B. I plan to top feed from the watering can and have a bluelab truncheon so can measure the EC with that

I just need to buy the coco, is there a particular brand you use? I used to buy the canna pro

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

is there a particular brand you use

I don't use any medium at all, just a few pebbles to hold the plants up then the roots are free to roam inside the pots...:yep:

15 hours ago, stu914 said:

I believe it's actually for RO water

what nutrient range is that? as I use RO

mystic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

what nutrient range is that? as I use RO

Advanced nutes...Sensi PH Perfect...Not sure but I think these are the only ones I've seen which recommend using RO.

• Like 1

@DrumBoy420 I grow in hydro (wilma+pebbles) and done some grows in coco as well. I have very hard water and for that reason I use RO-using AN sensi, canna for soft water or shogun for soft water I dont need to anjust my pH at all. I just mix it and leave it for up to a week. I dont even knwo where is my pH pen now I havent used for at least a year now. 

AN is the easiest to use and I still use sensi grow and its just hard to go wrong with it and with others i find its easier to overfeed

• Like 2

@doominik

excuse my ignorance but do you have to make your own RO water? I don’t know much about it at all! 

yeah AN was the first brand I looked into as I’ve had a few friends use it but they are based in soft water areas.

Still can’t quite make the call with which ones to get. I don’t really have the money to get my water tested properly AND by nutes so I’m not sure if I should just stick to a brand that does a ‘hard water’ version like Dutch Pro or Growers Arc just in case…

I feel like this subject has very divided opinions and I know it’s all a matter of preference at the end of the day but still, very confusing! Haha

@DrumBoy420 yes I make my own RO water. i run two flo tents and separate weg tent and use about 150l per week.

Filters are cheap but around 2/3 of what you use is waste water and only 1/3 is clean filtered water. Its a bit of the pain running it but its a win for me not having to controll pH levels

• 2 months later...