UV light bars

sweettooth

On 31/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, Military Grade said:

Would something like this fit the sizes needed? They have multiple ways to mount/fit

large.20231031_172655.jpglarge.20231031_172740.jpglarge.20231031_172813.jpglarge.20231031_172839.jpg

Yes they are working a treat.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

@Goohfy Nice :yep:

What size Bar kit, tent, power levels and time are you using?

I'm using the 4 bar kit in a 60x60x160, i had them at level 5 for two hours seemed ok, then i jacked it up to level 10 but now starting to think i may have burned them a little, so i have put it down to level 4 for now just to gadge the plants response.

You can see a bit of fading on some of the upper leaves

large.20240108_045617.jpg

Other than that the plant seems very happy

large.20240108_044847.jpg

I got some of them cheap co2 bags, i know it will proabably hardly make a difference, but sometimes you just have to try things yourself to gain the experience good or bad lol

Edited by Military Grade
Missed complete words, Just hit the vape ;-P
  • Like 1

4 bar started at 5 1for one hour now they are taking 6 for 3 hours but I think it’s more to increase stready every day then if any signs of damage turn back absolutely fine and dandy.peace Goohfy.

• Like 1

I was using solacure uv tubes definitely made a difference only in flower last 4 weeks for 2 hours a day . Changed to the migro uv and gave the others away the migro seems better I remember reading not overly good reports on the solacure so changed I’ll try to find where that article is.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

large.image.jpg.5f2811074c576a20854fac2c94003795.jpgGoing to experiment on 2 of the plants.I have been kindly given a set of two 45 watt mars uv and far red led bars which I am going to see how they perform and see if they are anywhere near my original uv tube.I have been told that they don’t have the power to to a great deal but we will find out.peace Goohfy.

• Like 2

Has anyone tried the mars uv 45 watt bars?In around 6-7 weeks I will put them up against my uv light I wish they had just gone with full uv chips because that’s all I will run anyways we will see what it can do.peace Goohfy.

I picked one up cheap but not tried it yet so I'm interested ;)

I was gonna run just the UV for a few hrs a day in veg and both in flower - because you need to flick a switch to make it work the way I'd really like (half hour of IR at dawn and dusk, and a few hrs of UV in between) 

• 4 weeks later...

I will run these for the last 4 weeks same as my other lights and bump it up 15 minutes every two days going to try and push these as they are not as powerful as my other lights plus I need to know there limit with this strain.peace Goohfy.