Tropic mix discontinued?

MySoulIsMine

40 minutes ago, Satchitananda said:

They have "Tropic All Mix" on the site now and "Tropic Light Mix", with no mention of Coco...they are out of stock atm.

Go to the coco section, its there mate. Not in the same category on the website as soil. 

Won't be using it if it contains perlite I hate the stuff, used bio bizz out of desperation and it gives good results but can't stand bits of perlite everywhere

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested the new and improved (?) Tropic Mix line is back in stock at Grow Well. I'm going to make my own 40/60 as they no longer seem to have coco in their soils. Ive bought a bag of Canna Plus coco as its pre washed and buffered, and doesn't contain perlite, I'll be mixing it with the new Bat Mix. 

• Like 3

So basically the three things that made this stuff great, ie the 60/40 peat/coco ratio, the lack of perlite and the plain bags with removable labels, have all gone. And they call it improved?...

Righto!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think i just used the last bag of the OG tropic mix for my first ever grow .. Had it stored in my loft since 2021 lol

Using it currently.. On day 8 of 12/12

large.Compress_20231104_224917_7112.jpg

Seems like good stuff (though can't compare it to anything else) , shame they discontinued it

Day 6 of 12/12large.Compress_20231101_204736_6678.jpg

IrishBob97

Edited by IrishBob97
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Interested in this as currently use clover mpc 

my water is classed as moderately hard with lots of calcium carb and not much mg - ratio is about 10:1 ca:mg, so needs magnesium of some form adding, if the feed does have any. 

think about trying coco as the peat ban looms 

On 25/11/2023 at 6:33 PM, RUFUS HOUND said:

think about trying coco as the peat ban looms

That was my thought but the growshops still sell the usual stuff like Canna and playgron. I have found some composts that look promising from the garden centre too, I'm trying out a seaweed based one. I've not flowered anything in it yet but so far so good in veg. Seedlings were fine in it too. I think it's called Gromore traditional seaweed compost. 

• Like 1

Our ‘professional’ composts are exempt from the peat ban for the moment,

but that will likely change in a year or so.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2