AC infinity fans

frank0420

9 minutes ago, Grow lady said:

I don't have a magic spell I'm afraid but it's why so many people are packing up growing cos it's just loads of electricity costs including heating and all the stuff you need a cycle you are going to lose if have any issues with your plants to get a 4 or 5 months cycle in just electric cost your looking at £600 plus then the nutes soil ect you will have to get 4 or 5 oz min before you cut even with the price you can get it for and then that's based on just 1 light and you have the risk of being raided with police and robbery so you have to get 4 decent plants with 2 oz min a piece just to cover the cost then anything over the 4 plants will need a extra light so I can understand why people are stopping it's a risk and the reason why I am not using the loft anymore if you get hermies or mold then you will be out of pocket 

this 100%.

the amount of people i know who are stopping growing is crazy.

they are all blaming electric cost, and too much commercial cheap street shitty bud , sold for pennies..

Just look at the price of second hand equipment on ebay, its thru the floor.

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

@Grow lady I can grow over 40 zips with my 600w light, fans and bit of electric.  Let's call it a 1000w for 12 hrs, 300w for 12 hrs.

Let's call it 16kw for 24hrs.

That costs me £3 per day.  Let's call a grow 5 months.  It isn't, and I use less electric to start off too.

So £450 per grow (just electric).

A box of the gear I grow goes for around 5k (no, I don't sell it) in my area.

Reusing compost helps and I've cut out all but the basics in bottle feeds.

It still makes way more sense for me to grow than buy off the street, by quite some margin.

Not many people can get 40oz from 1 600w light how do you do it and once you have to pay for heating then it will be more money but 40oz from 1 light is really good we'll done you but what do you do to get that amount how many plants do you have to get 40oz ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fatboy77 said:

@Grow lady I factored in the heat, small fans and extraction too.  And I overestimated for electric deliberately.  It costs me more like £360 per grow when factoring in separate veg space to save time etc.

Number of plants doesn't matter.  The main limiter is space.  More plants equals less veg time.

I don't believe you sorry but you can't have lots of plants under 1 light  and I have separate veg area but I can't fit more then 6 plants under 1 light so what light do you use because 1 600w light costs 2.30 a day on 12 hours is 2.30 a dat and £280 for 4 months and the heating alone is £1.30 a day £160 for 4 months the 2 are £440 that is without the rest of equipment and if your light is 600w 

Edited by Grow lady

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

Cool, not really bothered tbh.

If you say so.

That's a you problem.

Any 600w light will cost the same as another, assuming the draw is the same.

My light costs me about £1.70 a day.  There are different electric tariffs about you know.

You must have a good tariff for a 600w light as 12 hours of the July 23 cap is £2.45 for 12 hours and what lights are you using to veg with as you not paying much for your electric but are you counting 2 lots of veg and flowers? And I don't understand how you can get 40oz small plants and 1 light are you going to say what plants you do to get 40oz ? Or are you just dreaming?

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

24p kwh electric.  

7p gas

220w led, currently on 65w.

No heating.

No.

I've got plenty of diaries on here.  What I do changes depending on my situation at the time.

I'm always dreaming.  I know you probably have communication issues but you'll get more answers and help from people if you don't come across as rude.

I don't mean to be rude I'm just trying to understand how you can get 40oz from 1 600w light please? And you said that you have a 600w light and I'm even more intrigued now to know how you get 40oz from a 220w led lights 

Serious deja vu here. @Grow lady You did this when you signed up to the forum... 

Fatboy has shown hes more than capable on here, time after time. 

If you're a daily smoker, grow your own it's that simple. All these people packing up are either trying to sell their couple of zips at top price or cant grow, running every new fad and piece of tech going(I'd expect it to be the first)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Banarchylamp said:

Serious deja vu here. @Grow lady You did this when you signed up to the forum... 

Fatboy has shown hes more than capable on here, time after time. 

If you're a daily smoker, grow your own it's that simple. All these people packing up are either trying to sell their couple of zips at top price or cant grow, running every new fad and piece of tech going(I'd expect it to be the first)

What do you mean did this when I signed up to the forum????? I have never said that he's not capable I am trying to get information on the light which he is using and how many plants he is doing a time to get 40oz I'm not being horrible and I'm struggling with the people on here seams like it's only a few people who are allowed to comment and have a say I have had nothing but slagging me of good luck to you all but this sites not for me 

I have mental health problems and I'm trying to get more answers but if you feel the need to pull me up all the time I'm not going to bother with you clicky self odsorbed people who the only ones who can say anything 

8 hours ago, zen-ken said:

You use a duct heater on your intake fan :yep:

large.5e5005f7c805c_ductheater.jpg

been lots of threads on duct heaters, have you got a thermostat controlling yours or do you keep your rvk at a minimum speed?

6 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

Got 180w tube in each intake duct most of the year. Works a treat for rh when it's a bit cooler.

Eta - that's for a big 1.5x3m.

that's a brilliant idea, compared to a 500w duct heater, savings are better. doubt it would do much in a cold loft over winter though.

@Shumroom lovely fan that, mines been in the box for the last year and a bit, almost 2 now, 10 inch version, got it with 20% off, filters mahoosive

• Like 1

@Grow lady I vaguely remember it being something to do with yield and cost/usage. Probably right at the start of the leccy thread!

I do agree with you, this site has its elites and cliques. I do apologise for being unhelpful.

The light will be a 600ish watt LED, I'd say it doesnt matter too much which one.

Your best knowledge here comes from putting up a diary with pics once a week. Do that and you'll start sailing 

Back on track with the thread, can't fault AC infinity fans:yinyang:

• Like 1

Just now, Banarchylamp said:

@Grow lady I vaguely remember it being something to do with yield and cost/usage. Probably right at the start of the leccy thread!

I do agree with you, this site has its elites and cliques. I do apologise for being unhelpful.

The light will be a 600ish watt LED, I'd say it doesnt matter too much which one.

Your best knowledge here comes from putting up a diary with pics once a week. Do that and you'll start sailing 

Back on track with the thread, can't fault AC infinity fans:yinyang:

I can't do a diary as I can't even get the next page on the question and I am just trying to get the correct costs etc I have 2 areas and I have collected lots of lights and equipment to much so I am trying to work out what is best to keep and cost effective but the yeald is obviously important 

All the information is best read. Read more, more diaries in the grow diaries and LED section. Knuckle down!

• Like 3

@Grow lady It’s pretty simple to work out your costs. Google kWh calculator, then look at the wattage on your lights, fan heaters and put the info in. It’s probably not accurate, but should give you a ball park figure. If you wants some help with setting up and keeping costs down, start a thread  in the problem solving section.:yep:

I'd hate to see my mates electric bill for his unit, he recently added 6 more Lumatek 600w Zeus 2.9 Pros to the two he already had lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grow lady said:

to get 40oz

40z is definitely doable with a good 600W LED, ive seen it loads of times, ive only just got my lights capable of pulling numbers like that, so I cant say for sure myself - im trying to now

its about 1.5g/W, which can be done with a dialled-in growspace, & aforementioned 600+-watter

mystic

15 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

24p kwh electric

How's no one questioning this, never mind pulling 40oz. I never thought I'd say it but that's seriously cheap man, I think mine is 34p. Who ya with? I assume you went on a fixed tarriff?

Sorry off topic

Ac afinity fans, yeah, I've seen those. Wouldn't use them myself, I'm trying to avoid buying Chinese, it's not easy though.