My 1st Photoperiod Outdoors

Guggsy

@Guggsy got 4 autos out myself. This time last year I was harvesting my autos from an earlier plant out. If it had been this year, I reckon I'd be screwed. If you've been getting autos over the line, photos should prove to be much easier. I've got very limited experience, but I find photos to be much less fussy. Get some subscriber seeds mate, you won't look back. I only grow in the garden. If autos are your thing @brock1 has some delightful autos on there. 

• Like 2

@Idicanna jones I would have thought photos would be easier as they should be more forgiving, as they take longer to mature, where as auto's you have a limited time, and if things go wrong, you don't get any time to correct things. but we shall see, each year is a lesson for me, what to do and what not to do. 

• Like 2

I started with a couple of random autos in the garden. This year at various times, I must've had a good 25 plus outside (not all at once).... I'm a small pot kinda guy. Variety is the spice of life and all that

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guggsy said:

@Idicanna jones I would have thought photos would be easier as they should be more forgiving, as they take longer to mature, where as auto's you have a limited time, and if things go wrong, you don't get any time to correct things. but we shall see, each year is a lesson for me, what to do and what not to do. 

My tips for auto growing. Grow in partial shade for bigger auto's. Atleast with mine i find they get bigger in the shade but you get a early harvest in full sun. As for harvest time you get around a 4 week window of my SHD crosses before you get say problems. Don't take my word for this feel free to ask others about their experience growing them outdoor. Only real problem with auto's is they need planting out smaller than photoperiod strains or grown to pre flower in a decent sized pot. Otherwise their fool proff & theirs a bogof offer with subbies at the moment to get double seed & their fems. :hippy: I have honestly not had any mould at all now on my auto's for around 5yr. 

• Like 4

@brock1 I start mine outdoors in my tent thing, with cloches over my pots. I have 11 litre pots so I don't have to re plant in bigger pots. the cloches are square also and fit onto my pots and they have like a butterfly ventilation thing on top so if it gets to hot in the pots I just open the vents, so the pots I plant in will be the pots I harvest them from. I move them out of the tent when I know there will be good weather for at least a month and night temps won't go below 10c, hence I started mine 20th may 4 days later they had all germinated and come through, after 3 weeks they were outside. The only time I got mould was when I tried to grow them till harvest time in the tent, a couple of years back. Even though my tent is outdoors, that size tent wasn't big enough for 7 autos, and not much ventilation, lesson learned. So now I just start them off in there, and when they get there second or third set of leaves move them outdoors weather pending.  This will also help strengthen the plants as the wind blows them about. And then If I know it's going to get real windy like last weekend, and this weekend I run bamboo canes along the top of the plant pots, a cane on each side of the plant stem and across all of my pots, then I have some real heavy bricks and use about 6 of them, lay them across the bamboos between the plants to keep the pots in place so the plant pots won't blow over, and if needed stake the plants also.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Guggsy said:

@oldford did you know you can get it legally if you have a medical condition. not sure if we are allowed to put the names of the places on here, but one of them just recently is advertising on TV, I've thought about, but the amount get through on a monthly basis it would cost me a fortune, hence another reason I grow my own. So these places where you can get it legally, you have an initial consultion with a medical person, which costs up to £200 they asses you then you get a card, and go through there menu and buy what you want. No one can say shit to you.

Thanks man ,  yeah im aware of these and see some ralal negative revies ,  most report to the Gov and your details render you onto a registefr !   No thanks,  

I will happily grow my own meds and one finger salute the Gov :yep:           A card gets you free grace at home and thats it ,  regularyl see Gov card holders get harassed and plod confiscating as its strictly home use only.   Was a story on here with a  Gov card holder attending a music venue , being stripped of product and handed to plod by security.

I dont smoke,  mainly make MCT / Oils  / butters and it gets quite expensive due to ratios required.    thanks anyway mate   

• Like 4