FANS

DrumBoy420

The elutengs I have we're off the back of @MindSoup s recommendation , they're pretty good... One had a bit of a moment where it whined horribly for a few days but that was months ago with no further issues.

If my cloudray packs up it won't be getting replaced, I'll go back to hanging a Louvre action box fan.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Yeah they're by no means the fan to rule all fans, but for the price they can't be beaten and theysoldier on nicely. Mine rarely get cleaned and haven't lost any power over time, even though I regularly turn them off when I take photos etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

Yeah they're by no means the fan to rule all fans, but for the price they can't be beaten and theysoldier on nicely. Mine rarely get cleaned and haven't lost any power over time, even though I regularly turn them off when I take photos etc. 

I was looking at these exact fans on The big river this morning, specifically the 40mm ones - as hard to find smaller fans…. Seemed decent except for some reviews saying generally noisy /  or making strange sounds like bilgepump mentions….  

Is there any reason you specify yours are not the USB powdered version?   Cheers 

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

cleaned

I tried cleaning a fan once lol

If they're lucky I'll wipe the leading edge on each blade every 12 months, I treat my fans well :cowboy:

• Like 1

Just now, Amarillo slim said:

I was looking at these exact fans on The big river this morning, specifically the 40mm ones - as hard to find smaller fans…. Seemed decent except for some reviews saying generally noisy /  or making strange sounds like bilgepump mentions….  

Is there any reason you specify yours are not the USB powdered version?   Cheers 

They both have the same 12v motor, so the usb (5v) ones are quite a bit less powerful, extremely quiet though if stealth is more important than air movement.

• Like 1

Just now, BilgePump said:

I tried cleaning a fan once lol

If they're lucky I'll wipe the leading edge on each blade every 12 months, I treat my fans well :cowboy:

A man after my own heart :hippy:

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Eluteng 12v 1amp pc fan geez :bangin:

I already googled that lol , but what I see as the results didn't impress me much and thought this probably ain't the one he's talking about, so I asked just incase you knew the model/version name.

Edited by Military Grade

They're just a 3 speed pc fan on a 12v power supply, there's no gimmick they're just good and quiet and cheap. 

17 hours ago, MindSoup said:

They both have the same 12v motor, so the usb (5v) ones are quite a bit less powerful, extremely quiet though if stealth is more important than air movement.

Ah, got it. 

Nice one :yep:

• Like 1

Nice one! Thanks for your help. A lot to consider! @MindSoup I did look at the PC fans but could t see the ones with the 12v power supply for a reasonable price! I may just bite the bullet and get the cloud ray 6 or something.

mars hydro do a little one too but I’ve heard mixed things about that too! 

Also, this is my current set up. Any suggestions on how to improve this would be great! 

Edited by DrumBoy420
Was trying to upload a photo, this is way more difficult than it should be. Nevermind!

could always stick a tower fan in the corner, quiet  reliable and oscillates or one of those box fans that has a rotating grill that disperses the air 360 degrees, you can hang them too from bungees to stop any humming noise