FANS

DrumBoy420

Hey guys,

can anyone recommend me a decent oscillating fan for my 1.2x1.2 tent?

I’ve heard the AC Infinity ones are great, not sure if I can afford another £70 for it though. Any other recommendations!?  

• Like 1

Plenty of choice, but you could take a look at the cliip on fans, they're really good little fans. I'm using a pair of the Secret Jardin ones atm. They blow a nice little breeze in the grow space instead of a constant 30mph wind.

Big oscillating fans might be a little bit OTT for a 1.2?? Plus the clip on ones dont need to sit on the floor taking up grow space.

But if your set on something big I use RAM fans myself, built solid and last forever.

• Like 1

@GreenVision I’ve got a RAM one and it’s died already..Well it’s still going but it doesn’t even move the leaves haha

I was referring to like a small 9/10” clip on fan really! Not a huge one!

just heard a lot of stuff about fans dying and people having to constantly replace them! 

thanks for your advice man, will check those ones out 

Got a cloudray S6 , it's not bad and hasn't died yet , about 8 months constant use , think I've turned it off once or twice.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I don't know how others feel but I suspect the main thing that kills fans is being turned on and off too often. I have owned  3-4 6" cheapy clip ons, they get turned on at the start of the grow and stay on till the end and all have lasted at least 3 years, the plastic shroud starts to break down before the motor goes ime. I also use a pair of large pc fans that move a surprising amount of air, last forever and make little sound.

Edited by erbivore9
  • Like 1

I have my AC A6 Cloudray set to cycle mode to be in for 10 hours and off 10mins, so mine has turned on and off a ridiculous amount of times and still running like new.

Maybe it's running them for 3 months before turning them off is part of the problem rather than solely turning them off

I'm not a "fan" of PC fans tho they might be my only choice for the new little tent. I'm gonna have to start looking around asap

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, will check them out! Still tinkering with my set up as its my first grow :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Military Grade said:

PC fans

They have their place in bigger (1.2m² in my case) spaces but I definitely wouldn't want them doing all the air movement.

I have two elutengs above my led mixing warm air and another keeping the under canopy nice

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Just dont buy this one  !!!!!         2 days old  , wasnt cheap and bought from a grow shop ,  not mine and not got any further details yet.  

large_004.JPG

My eyes are shit at the moment but i believ you can see the branding on it  -

large_002.JPG

• Like 3

I wouldn't touch the cloudrays with a barge pole myself, they seem to be pretty unreliable. Apparently your not supposed to have them running 24/7, aka they're not fit for purpose (IMO) especially not at the asking price. 

I use eluteng 12v 1amp pc style fans (not the usb powered ones) and they're brilliant, very powerful, extremely reliable and about as quiet as you can get. They're also pretty affordable. The downside is that they don't oscillate but they're cheap enough that you can have a fair few pointing at different angles and get good coverage, I've not had them give my plants wind burn or anything like that which some people seem to experience with non oscillating fans and mine are often just millimetres from the leaves and always on full power. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

I use eluteng 12v 1amp pc style fans (not the usb powered ones)

You got a name for them mate so I can take a look?

@MindSoup    your talking to the uneducated here lol      Anything indoors im clueless and happy to admit it !  

All i know is it was bought new,  ran for 2 days and has bagly burnt the operators fingers trying to get it out the tent.    

It was sheer luck on the timings or she would have lost the house let alone the fan.     

I did suggest 12v UPS server fans on a psu controller  ,  got to be safer than what shes just been through !     Shes not a newbie either and putting it down to luck and poor kit choice. 

Just now, Military Grade said:

You got a name for them mate so I can take a look?

Eluteng 12v 1amp pc fan geez :bangin:

• Like 1

Just now, OldFord said:

@MindSoup    your talking to the uneducated here lol      Anything indoors im clueless and happy to admit it !  

All i know is it was bought new,  ran for 2 days and has bagly burnt the operators fingers trying to get it out the tent.    

It was sheer luck on the timings or she would have lost the house let alone the fan.     

I did suggest 12v UPS server fans on a psu controller  ,  got to be safer than what shes just been through !     Shes not a newbie either and putting it down to luck and poor kit choice. 

Wasn't replying to your comment geez, the cloudray is the ACI fan the OP mentioned :hippy:

Does seem like your friend just had some bad luck, the full size oscillating fans are usually the safer bet, if you have space for them of course. QC isn't what it once was these days is it, thank fuck she was there to notice it and stop her whole house burning down. 

• Like 1