420 Fast Buds x4 - 60x60x120 - My first full sized grow diary!

Samwisegamgee

Hey everyone!

Finally, got everything set, running and ready to go. After a few attempts over the years using PC cases and storage tubs for micro grows, I'm finally living somewhere with a decent wardrobe built in that was a perfect fit for a 2x2 tent. It's been kitted out with a big scrubber and fan and a spider farmer LED panel (their smaller one). The plan is 4 autos in 4/5 gallon fabric pots, however I'm not going to TOTALLY fill the pots as I know these are pretty big for the space, but It's just what I have and don't have the funds for anything smaller right this minute. I LST my plants well so I'm not too worried about them getting too tall, but we could end up with a serious bushy canopy so if worst case scenario happens, and It's too much to control the humidity, one will be moved to a friend's house to finish, but I'm hoping with the right approach all will fit and fill the tent perfectly.

I've got a fan in there to keep the air moving, thermometers and a camera wired in, so I can check everything remotely. 

The strains are all 420 fasts buds autos, going for the Gorilla Cookies, California Snow, Forbidden Runtz and Zkittlez! Hoping to yield between 10-20 Oz which I think is more than attainable in the space with my equipment providing nothing goes horribly wrong.

Seeds have been dropped into water tonight, and germination is about to get moving! Excited is an understatement!

Pics to follow, I plan to keep this as up to date and in depth a diary as I can!

Cheers all,

Any tips, experience or anything with these trains, I'm all ears!

Samwise.

• Like 5

Welcome Samwise  :toot:

Sounds like you got it all covered ..... you might find the LED .... assuming it's a 600 might be low for 4 plants .... I got viparspectra P1000 in a 60x60x140 :)

13 hours ago, Samwisegamgee said:

Any tips, experience or anything with these trains, I'm all ears!

Don't know much about TRAINS, but I believe they run on rails :) (had a bit of a giggle with this one)

Enjoy your stay with us :yep:

• Like 2

I don't mean to piss on your fire but I think 10oz from a 100w is optimistic, I know leds rock but they're not that good.

Best of luck with it, I hope you can prove me wrong :lucky:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, handysmoker said:

1 hour ago, handysmoker said:

"Don't know much about TRAINS, but I believe they run on rails :) (had a bit of a giggle with this one)"

Haha, that gave me a giggle too!

The light is the Spider farmer - SF1000D without the dimming. It says it's good to cover the space, just hoping it's enough for 4 plants. I have the option to add some more LED strips if i like, but i'd rather keep it without if results are OK, as I'd much rather keep temps more manageable as the tent is shut in a wardrobe. I open the door when I'm home to allow some more airflow. Trying to avoid turning the fan up too much due to the noise, it's quiet and i don't think it would be hearable next door, but the wardrobe does back onto their children bedroom as we're attached on that side. I can't hear it from outside the wardrobe without really listening, so I'm 99.9% sure it'll be OK!

Seeds are in the water, just waiting for either them to sink or we hit the 36hrs of saturation, whichever comes first they will be transferred to some paper to sprout a root then into the ground they go!

So far, temps are stable at 25 with the fan on nice and low, so definitely be able to control temps on hotter days. Humidity nicely at 55% but of course we don't have water and plants in there yet, so a dehumidifier and humidifier are in the Amazon basket if needed. 

Just now, KC said:

I don't mean to piss on your fire but I think 10oz from a 100w is optimistic, I know leds rock but they're not that good.

Best of luck with it, I hope you can prove me wrong :lucky:

It is a little, but I have seen many YouTube grow diaries of people doing 2/3/4 plants under a similar power light and getting 3/4 oz per plant or more, so hoping for a nice first harvest but not going to be too optimistic over the 2oz per plant mark. I have the option of adding some strip lights for some extra juice, but I'm going to see how they go this time and how the heat goes with the summer months. If it really provides a shitty harvest, then I guess I'll try and upgrade to the 2000 series, but honestly don't think the tent would be big enough. If i aim for 2.5 oz per plant as a hopefully minimum, then I'm only shooting for just over half a gram per watt per plant, which I'm hoping is doable. I've never been too clued-up how multiple plants effects the yield per watt and how much each subsequent plant removes from the equation.

Pics to follow once i get them in the soil so people can see how its all running! :)

Cheers all,

Samwise

• Like 2

When growers talk about yields they get mostly treat it with a pinch of salt, it's like asking a bloke how big his willy is lol

Packing a room out will really hit the yield per plant, the room might yield the same but each plant will have a vastly reduced yield. I had this recently, I like to keep 5 or 6 plants in my room but I ended up with 11 (i grow perpetual) and they were yielding absolutely shit as in 3oz instead of 6. Plant numbers really don't make yield, it's just about shortening veg times, well at least for photoperiod plants anyway.

Anyway I'll stop rambling, look forward to seeing how you get on.

Atb

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, KC said:

Plant numbers really don't make yield, it's just about shortening veg times, well at least for photoperiod plants anyway.

Shortening veg time? I'm just about to run my first photos and from my research I thought a longer veg time produces a larger plant and therefore likely higher yield

• Like 2

I've been running (learning!) with fast buds autos for the past few yrs and been happy with them. They've been under a couple of Mars hydro 100w basic lights and average yield is about 2.5oz. I know I could have done better but was learning and making mistakes along the way. Still I've been happy with each plant (my standout strain is stardawg)

Good luck, you're in the right place it's a great group 

• Like 2

@5Lip Sorry maybe I worded it incorrectly.

You're spot on mate, a larger veg time will give more yield. More roots = more toots I believe the saying goes. What I mean is instead of vegging a plant for a long time you can do 2 instead of one say. So you could veg 2 plants in 5ltr pots instead of one in a 10ltr, they'd probably yield very similar zt the end but the 2 in the 5ltr pots would have been vegged for a shorter time than the 10ltr.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KC said:

When growers talk about yields they get mostly treat it with a pinch of salt, it's like asking a bloke how big his willy is lol

Oh, fucking aye! I'm sure there is a lot of that. I stick to YouTube videos from legal places for more accurate results for that reason. Not only that, but I want to see proof they are getting these yields before taking their advice! I guess having 4 plants is going to be a gamble this first run as it is going to be tight in there. I guess I got sucked into the whole 4 plants is 4 yields kinda thought process, but I guess they are all sharing the same light! Will see how this one goes. Realistically, if I can get 50gs dried per plant on this first run then it's successful as I want to fill my stash for the 3/4 months the next grow will take, and I use about 2 oz per month. Any extra can go through the press for some sweet, sweet rosin.

A couple seeds are cracking already. Hell to the mutha fucking yeeeeeeeh I am so excited! 

Growing is the only hobby I've ever maintained a lifelong interest in. Being a big cannabis enthusiast but also a big old ADHD brain, it's the only subject that keeps my attention and actually brings me some joy and calmness to my brain. It's been a few years since I was last in a position to actually put seeds in the soil though, and being this is the first time doing it on a proper scale and not a microgrow box style, it's really something I've been looking forward to for years. It's ironic I finally have the chance too just a couple of months after acquiring a medical cannabis prescription, but I'd still rather it came from my own green fingers even if I can access good quality flower on a legal market.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Samwisegamgee said:

The light is the Spider farmer - SF1000D without the dimming

I stand corrected, my man....:yep:

5 hours ago, KC said:

@5Lip Sorry maybe I worded it incorrectly.

You're spot on mate, a larger veg time will give more yield. More roots = more toots I believe the saying goes. What I mean is instead of vegging a plant for a long time you can do 2 instead of one say. So you could veg 2 plants in 5ltr pots instead of one in a 10ltr, they'd probably yield very similar zt the end but the 2 in the 5ltr pots would have been vegged for a shorter time than the 10ltr.

Makes sense :notworthy:so if you don't mind I have another question.....what's the time comparison i.e. How long would the 10ltr plant veg for against the 2 5ltr plants, to give similar yields

I was actually going to the garden centre tomorrow to buy a number of 25ltr pots (blame youtube) - so they're too big right?

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread

• Like 1

For me it would save about 2 weeks veg using the smaller pots as I'd go from 5 to 10ltr and it takes about 2 weeks to root out the final. 

• Like 1

large.361618569_1653767228466292_7996208360598750129_n.jpg

All 4 sprouted overnight! Now let's see how the next few weeks of veg pan out! :) 
I managed to get my old light I had in the grow box I used on my previous run. I need to repair and rewire the cable as it's been damaged, but once that is done I may add it to the tent for some extra lumens!

Have a great week all, mine has started wonderfully with this, just the pick me up I needed! Now for a couple bowls of this LA Kush Cake medical strain in the dynavap before walking the dogs.

Cheers,

Samwise