Oakapple

On 14/07/2023 at 10:18 AM, mysticriver said:

its not so daunting now, there simple & getting reet cheap

mystic

'Reet'...Yorkshireman? 

I’d avoid the Maxibright 660s,

there’s a thread somewhere around here about a known fault with some of them.

It results in going back and forth with the retailer swapping the units for more faulty ones.

Gimme a second………

Here’s a couple of threads I found,

I haven’t re-read them.

I think @GSZZ uses some lights made by site sponsor @ControlLED which he rates highly ;) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

if your local shop only sells maxibright, im sure you would be OK with the 660w pro's

maybe a couple on here have had issue but that doesn't mean the whole 660W pro line is toast

osgs used to say that the maxi 660 pro was the best LED they sold - including the lumatek 600 pro, a couple of years ago, until new stuff came out

mystic

On 18/07/2023 at 0:20 PM, Oakapple said:

'Reet'...Yorkshireman? 

maybe. maybe not. maybe I just nick bits of local dialect from here & there, (& maybe I dont...)

mystic

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mysticriver said:

maybe. maybe not. maybe I just nick bits of local dialect from here & there, (& maybe I dont...)

mystic

I get you! 
A couple of Yorkshire mates use 'Reet' a fair bit despite living far from their birthplace. 

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 3:49 PM, Shumroom said:

I’d avoid the Maxibright 660s,

there’s a thread somewhere around here about a known fault with some of them.

It results in going back and forth with the retailer swapping the units for more faulty ones.

Gimme a second………

Here’s a couple of threads I found,

I haven’t re-read them.

I think @GSZZ uses some lights made by site sponsor @ControlLED which he rates highly ;) 

Atb

Thanks for the warning :yep:

That is what the 'local' grow shop sell...Maxibrights.

Been looking online at all the different makes and it's a lot to get my head around.
HLG seem to be one the 'very best' according to reviews,  but the footprint is different to what I have 2.4 x1.2 Metres plus small veg area on other room.

I don't see many people using Maxibrights online, seems to be mainly Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro or Scorpion {Think that's HLG}

It's new terminology as well to get head around..I think old HPS were easier, plug and play, despite being heat monsters and leccy guzzlers.

Still...people obviously DO change over, so has to be done. 

Swapping one faulty light for another...{Maxibright} I think I'd truly grow ''stress balls'' if that happened.

Edited by Oakapple
additional info
  • Like 1

One of the reasons you see so many folk online using Mars Hydro is that they offered them to anyone who does a grow channel.

Atb

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

One of the reasons you see so many folk online using Mars Hydro is that they offered them to anyone who does a grow channel.

Atb

Are Mars Hydro reliable? Seemed top be the same with Spider Farmer- every second breath it was ''Spider Farmer'' or 'Mars Hydro' ....

• Like 1

I’ve heard that they’ve improved their customer services somewhat in more recent years,

but I don’t know if that’s true or not.

They certainly can produce a product at a low price :) 

My very first LED was from them,

because of its low price.

One of my biggest issues was the clear for all to see printing on the side of the box “LED Grow Light” :wallbash:

Atb

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shumroom said:

They certainly can produce a product at a low price

that why I went with the 2 x mars hydro FC-E6500 730W, for my space, they cover it completely

£542 x 2

mystic

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I’ve heard that they’ve improved their customer services somewhat in more recent years,

but I don’t know if that’s true or not.

They certainly can produce a product at a low price :) 

My very first LED was from them,

because of its low price.

One of my biggest issues was the clear for all to see printing on the side of the box “LED Grow Light” :wallbash:

Atb

What LED do you prefer now, Shumroom? -always interesting to get different perspectives.

Reliability, ease of use. I don't mind spending a little more for reliability and ease of use.

Also..where to buy?  UK or overseas?  {Brexit was a disaster..agree there}

The grow shop locally seems to only stock Maxibrights..

{Definitely won't be going down the Maxibright route.:unsure:}

HLG seem to get very good reviews.

As Mystic says, space and size of area also comes into play.

People that are sponsored will be keen to promote their sponsors- but at least on here one should get 'The Truth' about lights from many people's experience over different setups. 

I'm basically a complete and utter beginner when it comes to LED. 

The grow shop said ''If it aint broke, don't fix it''...but HPS /MH are hot and expensive to run since the recent price hikes in electric.

• Like 1

Led is only cheaper to run if you use less watts remember. You can do this as it's more efficient but swopping a 600w for a 600w will make no difference to your bill. 

You'll have better quality weed and more of it though (imo). 

Edited by KC
Predictive
  • Like 3

I do like the build quality of my Lumatek Zeus :) 

But if I was looking again I’d probably have to give HLG serious consideration :punk:

What size of footprint are you wanting to cover?

I believe @Arthur Mix uses an HLG light atm.

Plus I believe in supporting the site sponsors whenever possible,

so I’d have to be looking at @ControlLED with their separate red and UV channels,

allowing you greater control over how plants will grow.

@GSZZ what are your current thoughts on the ControlLed unit and what else would you be recommending to someone?

Atb

• Like 1