something for the roots

The Villan

I used to use BioBizz Root Juice in compost. I also used to use it to replace Grow in young plants too. I never used it all the way through flowering though. I'd recommend it.

• Like 2

Just now, Darknight420710 said:

I'm growing organic using the biotab range and once a week I give 1ml of bactrex diluted in plain water, its nice to see the plant looking healthy fit a few days afterwards 

Never heard of biotabs and bactrex before, just looked them up, not cheap by any means but if it does the job all goodisn't it.

I remember Sannie had something similar when he was online.

Vill

18 minutes ago, The Villan said:

Never heard of biotabs and bactrex before, just looked them up, not cheap by any means but if it does the job all goodisn't it.

I remember Sannie had something similar when he was online.

Vill

Yeah it was seedstockers Mark who suggested I use biotab as an easier alternative for growing and I started with the starter pack as that does 5 plants so works out at £12.50 a plant for the whole duration and since then I've bought the 2kg pots and probably have enough to do 50 plants so it'll last  

Hope you give it a try some day and see the benefits, lots of videos on YouTube and grow diaries 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fatboy77 said:

I use a root product through till flush time at a reduced amount.  All about that brix content.

That's a new one,I'll give it a go next time.

E2a bio bizz root juice smells like puke,I'd rather drink fish mix then smell that juice again :smokin:

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 2

Nobody has mentioned Growers Ark ‘Root Tonic’ yet,

possibly one of the smelliest lol 

I’m using this just now,

as I bought a 5l bottle to compare to the Intense Nutrients ’Foundation’ that I’ve just finished.

So far I haven’t noticed any difference between them.

I sometimes give Vitalink ‘Fulvic Acid’ instead of the the root promoter.

But I don’t give it all of the time.

I also use an enzyme product,

to supposedly break down any dead roots but I’m not sure if this is needed in coco.

Currently using Intense Nutrients ’Runzyme’,

I have used Cannazyme and others in the past :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Cheers @shumroon. I have been reading about enzymes too, interesting stuff. Tab doesn't work on phone have just realised.

I haven't smelt anything repulsive from the root juice .

Vill

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/07/2023 at 6:09 PM, Shumroom said:

I sometimes give Vitalink ‘Fulvic Acid’ instead of the the root promoter.

:yinyang:

after doing a bit more reading of threads in here, I read that a good root stimulator should contain fulvic. I am using the biobizz root juice, but maybe every now and again miss the root juice out and give some fulvic, this would be ok as you said @Shumroom just to give them a good boost of fulvic ?

Vill

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

@The Villan have a read about humates and humic acid.

It was in one of your posts that I read about it m8, when you were asked if you would use it in Coco :) iirc you said that a good root tonic should contain fulvic and humic. The one I have here is the TA Fulvic acid.

I have an understanding of it's use, not sure if to use with the normal rootjuice and grow schedule or leave the root juice out every now and again and use the 2ml per ltr of Fulvic in it's place.

Vill

Edited by The Villan

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

And so it should.  

You're asking about root development, not nutrient uptake.  They do other things, but that's how I categorise the two.

The penny hjas dropped :) Cheers.

Just now, Fatboy77 said:

Just to complicate things further I no longer use either as separate additions.  I don't use a specific root product now either.

Fully understood :) I shall keep reading up :)

• 4 months later...
On 11/07/2023 at 3:09 PM, Smokey McBongface said:

GK’s seaweed powder + ecothrive biosys = what the fuck I only repotted 4 days ago lol  

How are you using the GK powder mate? In feed water or in the soil on pot up?

I use it in the soil on potup, just interested in what you do? 

cheers mate

• Like 1

@cypo74 tried both mate, figured as a soil mix its probably too easy to overdo it, switched to using some as a top dress and mixing with water. Had a routine of half watering with the seaweed mix, then watering on with or without feed, biosys on pot up.

It stinks when you mix it with water, makes your space smell like the seaside, the plants and pots love it though :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

biosys on pot up

Thanks mate, I’ve top dressed this round as I forgot to buy more lol 

never used biosis before, was using growers arc root tonic which had just run out, picked up some biosis, thought I’d give it a whirl this go, once every 2 weeks in the feed water, bit of humic and fulvic in between 

• Like 2