something for the roots

The Villan

Good morning :)

I have seen a lot of mentions about root nutrients, normally I just use the grow and bloom nutes as per instructions following OT1's guide. Should I be using a root stimulant alongside with the bloom and grow nutes and if so any recommendations. BioBizz do a root Juice, canna do Rhizotonic amongst numerous others, have seen Maxicrop mentioned also. Just need pointing in the right direction. Or should I just stay on the grow and bloom ?

Cheers

Vill

• Like 2

Just to add, biobizz root juice can be applied all the way through, so I am going to go with this , seeing as I am using their grow and bloom

Vill.

Edited by The Villan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Villan said:

Just to add, biobizz root juice can be applied all the way through, so I am going to go with this , seeing as I am using their grow and bloom

Vill.

I use them without fail. Have every time.

I think you should pick one and run a few tests.

Katana Roots

Roots XL

Rhizotonic 

Are the ones I have used.

Roots XL is my fave, despite me not using it currently. It didn't sit in my tank very well and caused sludge. 

Currently testing Katana roots which is cheap, but jury is out until I have tested further. Although I have just got a beautifully rooted clone using it. One ridiculously long, white, hairy root.  

• Like 2

I really can't see the point in using it through flower but some people do. The nute company will obviously say to do this as it earns them more money along with all the other shit they sell.

I liked the Intense nutrients ones but I usually use Rhizotonic nowadays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Villan said:

I always used to stick to just one company's products at a time but I don't see the point any more, and it turns out I get better results mixing and matching different brands!

It's hard to compare root products because they all suggest using different amounts but I think Vitalink Root Stim is the best value for money currently. I've also used Biobizz root juice and Intense Nutes Foundation, the results seem pretty similar.

• Like 2

GK’s seaweed powder + ecothrive biosys = what the fuck I only repotted 4 days ago lol  

• Like 4

@Fatboy77 It's almost as if they deliberately miss out an element here or there so if you don't use their full range you get some sort of deficiency but you can negate it by mixing brands... lol

• Like 1

Biobizz root juice on offer at the growshop, tenner off :) Will stay with the biobizz nutes for this grow, see how they do. Only difference from my previous grows will be the rootjuice and I am using canna terra pro.

I have taken on board the replies and I dare say in the future I will be dabbling with the unknown, @Fatboy77 do geckos like root juice ? ;) I remember you saying about the fulvic in another thread, the biobizz states it has fulvic in it's make up :)

Cheers all

Vill

Edited by The Villan

Just now, The Villan said:

the biobizz states it has fulvic in it's make up

I think all root stims are fundamentally a combination of fulvic and seaweed extract.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, latigid aikon said:

I think all root stims are fundamentally a combination of fulvic and seaweed extract.

I'm becoming of this view too. I'm currently experimenting  aerobically-fermenting some Maxicrop Brown bottle with vermicompost for the micro-organisms and will then mix that with fulvic acid powder to chelate the decomposed minerals when it's finished. Aerobic is quicker and doesn't smell like sewer. I'm doing it with seaweed liquid only because it is quicker to do.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 2

I tend to use roots excel and Nitrozyme , alternating and maybe every other feed or two 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smokey McBongface said:

GK’s seaweed powder + ecothrive biosys = what the fuck I only repotted 4 days ago lol  

Biosys is the boom ting. 

• Like 6

I rate vitalink rootstim, it's cheap enough, minimal amounts needed and it works.

I also like mixing and matching depending on what I've got in whether it's biosys , TNC bactorS13, just soluble Q4 myco or fothergills seasol I'll change it up every third watering or so.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I'm growing organic using the biotab range and once a week I give 1ml of bactrex diluted in plain water, its nice to see the plant looking healthy fit a few days afterwards 

• Like 1