Extractor for 1 x 1 meter on LED?

snotbottom

I'd recommend a 6" AC Infinty Cloudline, 

either get the 't' version that comes with a temperature /speed controller. 

Or get the 's' version that just comes with a speed controller. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

On 07/07/2023 at 4:35 PM, snotbottom said:

It needs to be very very silent , whats a decent quiet fan for this size area running LED?

Your going to need 2 fans a in and out and a filter I have not found any fans that are silent I'm afraid but 1 fan alone is not going to be enough to grow I'm afraid to say but good luck and I hope you find it 

• Like 1

iHi and welcome @snotbottom My space is around 1 meter squared and use 2 5" ruck fans which run on variacs to control speed of both. Not silent by any means but can only hear faintly if outside the growroom. i'd not sleep in the same room put it that way but as my growspace is elsewhere its no worries. As @Grow lady says you will be hard pushed to find a silent room/fans although there are many options nowadays. There is also the "whoosh" of air at the intake and outlet to consider. Why does it need to be very silent @snotbottom?

Just to add i cannot actually hear anything outside my growroom door as it's wooden, fans should not hum or anything with the proper controller, the noise i actually hear is the whooshng sound of the intake and outake, also the circulatory fan.

All the best whatever you decide. :yep:

Edited by Amnesia
  • Like 1

Oversizing and turning down is the best way to get as near as possible to silent.

Duct silencers help a bit but they're not great.

I run a cloudline myself and can hear my oscillating fans over it, fwiw I also run passive intakes with no issue.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Amnesia said:

iHi and welcome @snotbottom My space is around 1 meter squared and use 2 5" ruck fans which run on variacs to control speed of both. Not silent by any means but can only hear faintly if outside the growroom. i'd not sleep in the same room put it that way but as my growspace is elsewhere its no worries. As @Grow lady says you will be hard pushed to find a silent room/fans although there are many options nowadays. There is also the "whoosh" of air at the intake and outlet to consider. Why does it need to be very silent @snotbottom?

Just to add i cannot actually hear anything outside my growroom door as it's wooden, fans should not hum or anything with the proper controller, the noise i actually hear is the whooshng sound of the intake and outake, also the circulatory fan.

All the best whatever you decide. :yep:

Are you using corrigated ducting? the flexi type? this will make noise, as will bends in it, I plan to use rigid pipe in a sraight line, this should eliminate a lot of noise, noise at the mouth of the ducting, thats a consideration, a lot of air being sucked into a small pipe will make noise at the entry point, making the entry point larger might help.

It has to be silent as its right next to my bedroom, im a very light sleeper, there is no background noise where I live apart from the odd owl at night. A fan can be put into an sound deadening box but Id still like to start with something quiet and work from there.

Is 6'' enough for 1m x 1m? Would I get away with 4''? 

@snotbottom Love your name BTW.  lol If you don't want to fork-out on a silenced EC fan, build a box for your fan and use oversized acoustic ducting  This should make your system more or less silent.

4" inch likely won't be sufficient in the warm weather but you'll probably get away with a 5".

Edited by Clubs
  • Like 1

I use a control freak speed controller (not the cheap shit ones) no noise at all hardly except for slight airflow, great bit of kit bit not cheap.

On 09/07/2023 at 2:04 AM, snotbottom said:

Are you using corrigated ducting? the flexi type? this will make noise, as will bends in it, I plan to use rigid pipe in a sraight line, this should eliminate a lot of noise, noise at the mouth of the ducting, thats a consideration, a lot of air being sucked into a small pipe will make noise at the entry point, making the entry point larger might help.

It has to be silent as its right next to my bedroom, im a very light sleeper, there is no background noise where I live apart from the odd owl at night. A fan can be put into an sound deadening box but Id still like to start with something quiet and work from there.

Is 6'' enough for 1m x 1m? Would I get away with 4''? 

I have a isomax fan and it's supposed to be silent but it's like a airplane I hate it its in the shed not being used waste of money 

Just had a quick look at the Isomax silenced fan.

That's what it is,

a fan that's been silenced(poorly perhaps).

The latest EC technology allows fan speeds to be brought right down beyond what can be safely done with the older AC tech.

They're much more efficient,

as they do actually use less electricity when running at reduced speeds,

this isn't the case for AC fans.

You can even go the "whole hog" and get a silenced EC fan :yep:

Atb

22 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Just had a quick look at the Isomax silenced fan.

That's what it is,

a fan that's been silenced(poorly perhaps).

The latest EC technology allows fan speeds to be brought right down beyond what can be safely done with the older AC tech.

They're much more efficient,

as they do actually use less electricity when running at reduced speeds,

this isn't the case for AC fans.

You can even go the "whole hog" and get a silenced EC fan :yep:

Atb

Whats the difference technically? I did a search but got 'ec gets better yeild' so closed it down, I think the problem with things like this is if its sold as a grow room fan its obviousley got magic dust in it and there for costs a huge amount of spondulacs.

@snotbottom

I second the acinfinity

I was dubious about it at first but boy is it quiet!!!!!!!!

I have the 6 inch and as @Shumroom has already stated, I can hear my regular fans over it. coupled with some acoustic ducting and you're off to a winner.

and you don't need an in fan, you can run it passively (passively intake)

just let the extraction draw in the fresh air

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

I've got an AC Infinity S4 EC fan in a 90 x 90 tent. During the colder months it never ran above half speed and it was very quiet. But during this warm weather I've had to up the speeds up to 7 and 8 - not so quiet now but it's more the "whooshing" sound as the air enters the ducting. The fan itself is still very quiet. I'm using Phonic Trap ducting too. So yeah just the whooshing as it enters the duct. Minimal sound at the exit end of the duct, barely a whisper. 

I'd agree with @BilgePump you'd want to run a 6" in the 1x1 and turn it down. Hook it up to their Controller 67 or 69. I doubt very much you'd ever need to run the S6 past 4 or 5 speed in that footprint 

• Like 3

On 07/07/2023 at 4:35 PM, snotbottom said:

very very silent , whats a decent quiet fan

you got to be looking at a silenced EC fan -

my 150mm/6" phresh hyperfan v2 silenced is a lot quieter than my ac infinity 150mm

there about £260

on lower speeds the ac infinity is ok, but when you turn it up it gets louder

the phresh aint exactly 'silent' but its quieter

mystic 

• Like 2

I use the phresh 6ins also, and with the cloudray 6ins oscillating fan I can hear nothing coming from the grow tent.

• Like 3