First Ever Greenhouse grow - autos

Roller21

large.5B1B86D3-EAFC-421E-B3B2-6724EEC407E9.jpegThe much taller greenhouse NL auto is in good flower. It’s not been too humid despite the bad weather, lots of ventilation and so far no sign of rot…

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Roller21 said:

large.5B1B86D3-EAFC-421E-B3B2-6724EEC407E9.jpegThe much taller greenhouse NL auto is in good flower. It’s not been too humid despite the bad weather, lots of ventilation and so far no sign of rot…

Hi mate,

Out of interest, do you have anything reading your humidity in there?

I just bought a pack of 3 small humidity and temp readers, and I've found it interesting to say the least! During the day today (quite sunny with clouds, warm, no rain but chucked it down all night) it was showing on average around 40% humidity in there.  Just checked now around 8pm, and it's between 60-70% in there. 

So night time seems the worst.  Mine aren't anywhere near flowering currently, but I'm going to experiment with cat litter and things before then to be prepared.

Ventilation is pretty good in mine, but also placed a small fan in there today hooked up to a power bank.  Will buy a second one.  Even in high humidity, will constant airflow around budsights help prevent mould and rot? Im hoping so. 

Looking great though man, enjoying watching the progress, especially as I'm also doing a NL auto. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Scrape_the_resin said:

Hi mate,

Out of interest, do you have anything reading your humidity in there?

I just bought a pack of 3 small humidity and temp readers, and I've found it interesting to say the least! During the day today (quite sunny with clouds, warm, no rain but chucked it down all night) it was showing on average around 40% humidity in there.  Just checked now around 8pm, and it's between 60-70% in there. 

So night time seems the worst.  Mine aren't anywhere near flowering currently, but I'm going to experiment with cat litter and things before then to be prepared.

Ventilation is pretty good in mine, but also placed a small fan in there today hooked up to a power bank.  Will buy a second one.  Even in high humidity, will constant airflow around budsights help prevent mould and rot? Im hoping so. 

Looking great though man, enjoying watching the progress, especially as I'm also doing a NL auto. 

Hi there. I’ve got a basic temp and humidity reader, these were the readings this morning, it seems to be more humid at night, like yours. The plants are sharing the greenhouse with a lot of tomatoes, basil and a few other distractions, which might not help but are needed for camouflage. I’ve been watering the tomatoes in the morning rather than last thing at night to keep the moisture down. I might be able to shift one of the autos outside somewhere, the tall ones are a bit too visible…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roller21 said:

Hi there. I’ve got a basic temp and humidity reader, these were the readings this morning, it seems to be more humid at night, like yours. The plants are sharing the greenhouse with a lot of tomatoes, basil and a few other distractions, which might not help but are needed for camouflage. I’ve been watering the tomatoes in the morning rather than last thing at night to keep the moisture down. I might be able to shift one of the autos outside somewhere, the tall ones are a bit too visible…

That's a good point, think I will start doing the watering in the morning as well.  I've gone around the walls and put a wedge between the meeting Polly sheets, it allows a trickle of fresh air in now all the way around.  My temps are hitting 30 plus today in the sunshine, but humidity is around 20%, depending where I put it.  Our set up sounds so similar dude, I also have Tom's and basil in there, gave the toms quite a thinning today to increase airflow and reduce humidity, they became a bit of a jungle! If the weather stays good in August I will try and keep mine outside more, but would prefer them to stay quiet in the greenhouse bit of my tunnel. 

• Like 2

The Dr Miracle got chopped this morning and is hanging up to dry, pungently. Fox or cat or similar knocked over some of them larger tomato plants and took a branch off the large Northern Lights, so that’s getting an early dry, the rest of it needs a bit more time, but the weather isn’t looking great this week….

• Like 3

First bit of mold found on the main cola of the mid sized Northern Lights, damn this constant rain. Cut it all out, tempted to chop the top of the plant a bit early just to be on the safe side. 

• Like 3

large.3A8DF229-41E9-43BF-A6E6-F6DEC1A1A36C.jpegChopped the main cola off the plant with slight mould, found a little more whilst trimming, so glad I did cut it. It’s hanging up in the shed to dry, I expect it could have done with more time but there are some lovely  buds on there and for a first attempt I’m very pleased. 

• Like 10

• 5 weeks later...

Not been updating very regularly. Last plant chopped today! She was the one left to her own devices in the garden, and just got on with it. Bit of bud rot in the last week, but nice thick main cola and I should get plenty of smokeable stuff off the smaller branches.

• Like 2

It’s been a very interesting first attempt. I’ve got plenty of weed curing in grove bags, smoked some and been delighted with it. I know I chopped some plants way too early, mostly for security reasons, but still a good yield for a first go and I’ve learnt a lot along the way. 

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Nice job man some times it's better to take them early instead of loosing the whole plant to rot 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Alright folk, new to this site and have come across some good info, I too was in the same boat as u, did my first autos in my little green house last yr, I felt all ur woes with rot and trying to deal with the crap, indecisive weather we had, got some pics of mine, can they be shared in this group?

• Like 2