First Ever Greenhouse grow - autos

Roller21

large.F3CF700D-80CC-4311-B702-835385C7BE3C.jpegFinally taken some pictures. I’ve got three Northern Lights autos on the and one Dr Miracle which was a free seed. Sprouted around the 15th of May (I’ve not been keeping great records…) and they’ve had a good sunny time in the greenhouse. The Dr M started flowering first, has stayed pretty short but is looking good. 

• Like 6

large.AA297811-6323-4B1B-BDBE-258B262DDD1D.jpeglarge.A8E7DBA3-87DE-4EF7-B91A-66D3329AE37A.jpegOf the three NLs, one has stretched to over 2 metres, one a little less and one has a bit of yellowing, could it be a calcium deficiency? 

• Like 5

Looking ok in here mate,  glad you took the plunge to get yer grow on and let the world see :yep:

Dont look to be calcium deficiency.    What you feeding and how often ?        How often you watering and how much ?      

A poor watering schedule as in wet & dry ,  too wet and it can show issues like this , also mag deficiency can too.        

Epsom salts can aid with a mag deficiency ,  but would look at your wet & dry cycle first.     

As the plant matures is will pull goodness from the fans and drain them of good energy leading to them being spent  , fade and dropping off , so you got a few options to look at before you treat.

Other than that the plants look ok :yep:        All the best with it mate

• Like 4

Thanks for the advice, I suspect you’re right about the wet/dry cycle as that plant is in a smaller pot and seems to retain moisture a bit more. I’ve been top dressing with the Dr Forest bloom

mix since flowering and they’ve had one weak seaweed feed. 

• Like 4

No worries ,  as your other plants look ok and seem healthy and the new growth on the plant with issues looks ok ,  thats what made me suggest the watering cycle ,  although even though they look alike plants are just like us and every one slightly diff :yep:   

U did a big ass Super 61 in a 1 ltr pot last season that was a pain to nail down a schedule due to being outdoors and she exhibited very similar traits in the final weeks ,  never a dull moment with our plants mate lol      

Just carry on and try to be stricter with the watering schedule , as hard as it is in small pots :yep:

• Like 2

I'm on my first grow, also doing a northern lights so interesting to see yours.  

Mine are in week 1 of seedling however, and the watering has got me paranoid.  To look at the pots, I'd say water right now! But if I stick my moist meter in the soil, it's showing as quite moist/wet.  Indeed digging beneath the surface a few inches shows its moist.  I expected it to dry up as they spent 12 hours in the baking sun yesterday! They are looking very healthy, so waiting patiently.  

• Like 2

Looking good buddy. I've been slightly struggling with watering this year where the weather has been so up and down. A spell of hot weather and they'll drink a lot , then a spell of colder weather and they'll slow down.

I've been lifting the pots to guage the weight. You'll know it's time to water as the pots will be much lighter.

• Like 2

large.56C38F10-65C9-4B27-B228-A38A477085F3.jpegSo, my Dr Miracle auto is coming on very nicely. The weather has taken a damp turn here and I’m trying hard to keep the greenhouse free of humidity. Could anyone with more experience hazard a guess as to when she might be ready to chop? I can’t say with any certainty how long she’s been in flower I’m afraid. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Roller21 said:

large.56C38F10-65C9-4B27-B228-A38A477085F3.jpegSo, my Dr Miracle auto is coming on very nicely. The weather has taken a damp turn here and I’m trying hard to keep the greenhouse free of humidity. Could anyone with more experience hazard a guess as to when she might be ready to chop? I can’t say with any certainty how long she’s been in flower I’m afraid. 

Sorry to quote as cant tag.       Looking at the pic shes very happy & healthy and you got a good few weeks to roll on her  mate.    

In another weeks time ... your going to need to be checking her very vigorously for rot sadly ,   autos in enclosed spaces in shit weather  DONT get on  sadly. 

If you could and can ,  kick her arse outdoors and raise the odds in your favour of getting her home safe.      

Watch for the sugar leaves around the buds starting to twist & distort ,  grey / brown spots appearing  ,  like a furry patch  !!    

Rooting for you & the plants sir  ,   all the best with them .   

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 3

Many thanks for the advice. I can hopefully move her outside discreetly, less rain forecast for next week, I’m guessing it would be good to avoid a soaking at this stage as well?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Roller21 said:

Many thanks for the advice. I can hopefully move her outside discreetly, less rain forecast for next week, I’m guessing it would be good to avoid a soaking at this stage as well?

I would be tempted to kick her out asap  ,  even at the stage shes at now shes high risk in that G/H mate ,  its a gamble !!

Rain waters good for her anyway :yep:       Your plant & call  ,    wishing you the very best with her sir 

• Like 1

Looking good mate! 

My first grow this summer and overwatered one, treating her like the others! Lesson learned the hard way; treat them individually as they need. Lifting pots now to see which is drinking!

Just to put your mind at rest, I’ve been pulling all my pots inside - when storms or heavy rain is forecast - and leaving one out to see how rain/wind/colder nights would affect her. She’s an auto that had early mag deficiency issues but she’s thriving!! She’s a hardy wee thing!! 

Best of luck, A

• Like 2

I’ve been leaving her outside for the last few days, it’s much less humid in the greenhouse currently, hopefully the others in there will be ok, they’re too big to hide discreetly in the garden! 

• Like 2

large.AA2F0F1D-6DE9-4864-801E-E7B86EB6A739.jpegThe Dr Miracle has been outside for week, looking  good. 

This an auto Northern Lights that I planted and left to it’s own devices in the garden.  

• Like 3