What is eating my plants?

MC2

Hello.

Can anyone help me work out what is eating my plants and what I can do about it? Most are affected, and in both plots too. The photos are of the two worse ones. I am growing outdoors.

large.Pest2.jpglarge.Pest1.jpg

I've had a good look around but can find no culprits. The plants have been surrounded by slug pellets (although they are pretty poor at their job nowadays).

Thanks for any help.

Edited by MC2

Looks like their hopping or flying if your finding no evidence under the leaf.         

Get busy with the garlic spray sir  :yep:       Highly effective , cheap and easy to make / apply 

• Like 2

Capsid bug leave little holes like that I get em every year they don't seem to affect the buds though

• Like 2

Thanks @OldFord.  I now have two whole bulbs of garlic simmering in 2 litres of water.

I'm a bit confused by the instructions here though.....

https://www.siennahosta.co.uk/pages/garlic-wash-recipe

It says sieve the garlic out of the 2 litres of water and then create your spray by mixing 2 tablespoons (30ml) of the liquid with 5 litres of water.

If true, then by my (possibly dodgy) reckoning I have just made 333.33 litres of garlic spray.

That's quite a lot for 12 plants.

Edited by MC2
  • Like 3

As Dutch Fox link dude ,   i find the garlic spray does have a decent repellent ,   does clean most critters but also repels the good ones ,  as stated the tiny perforations are indeed cpsid bugs ,  just unsighly leaf damage ,  not really an issue and spray should assist.        Not known to get the flowers ,  mainly leaf munching little shits lol     

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldFord said:

As Dutch Fox link dude ,   i find the garlic spray does have a decent repellent ,   does clean most critters but also repels the good ones ,  as stated the tiny perforations are indeed cpsid bugs ,  just unsighly leaf damage ,  not really an issue and spray should assist.        Not known to get the flowers ,  mainly leaf munching little shits lol     

And meanwhile I have 333.33 litres of garlic spray!  :-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MC2 said:

And meanwhile I have 333.33 litres of garlic spray!  :-)

Keep it in a cool dark place and it keeps for time !       You can do just about any flower in the garden and helps with removing critters  :yep:

i got horrible things attacking mine too... not resembling that. Tried neem, did sfa

hit the lot of 'em with Roseclear da other night.

I know, I know but I don't care much what I inhale, I'm old now..

They're still alive though miniscule and I think it has actually improved them, it certainly did no harm and if anyone should die from it, they should have.

I never heard anyone here ever recommending that before so  please do not take it as a recommendation.

I just did it cos 10/20 were dying.. tiny wee things, germinated april 27

unlikely to ever come to anything but alive nontheless.

@kittythemonkey I know you might not care what you are putting into your body,

but both of the main ingredients of Rose Clear are believed to be Carcinogenic :russian:

There are lots of Gardners and GGers on here that would be able/happy to help with other safer ways of dealing with pests.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

@kittythemonkey I know you might not care what you are putting into your body,

but both of the main ingredients of Rose Clear are believed to be Carcinogenic :russian:

There are lots of Gardners and GGers on here that would be able/happy to help with other safer ways of dealing with pests.

Atb

:yinyang:

i've tried them all, more or less but AFTER I had done it I did  a search and I know I can't post links, I understand but a full list can be found if one googles

determination of pesticides and mycotoxins as defined by california state recreational cannabis regulations.

have a look and see what you think/

I had capsid bugs eating leaves of my plants so I used BAC foliage spray I gave plants 2 applications 1 week apart & touch wood all new growth is looking good with no bugs but that's not to say they won't be back & if they do I'll repeat the process. BAC foliage spray is expensive but worked for me.