Can't vent out window or into loft as in rental accommodation

Hydro smoker uk

I'm in rental property ATM an have an extremely nosey neighbour an giving I live in a townhouse mine an his house are joined together with very thin walls. An I'm extremely paranoid of him figuring out I grow. I have a 1.2 by 1.2 an will be running silent LEDs, just upgraded my extraction to a ac infinity S6 with the controller 69 pro an 10m of the nice durable black infinity ducting. My problem is going to be noise an where to put the hot air. 

I was thinking I could vent straight across the hall into the other bedroom an pulling passive air from the room with the window open as I can't make any changes/damage the property due to it being a rental an can't hang ducting out the window due to nosey annoying neighbours.

Regarding noise I bought the ac infinity S6 to help with the noise an I'm thinking about buying a muffler/silencer if it will help at all also. An perhaps placing yoga mats under the tent to help with vibration. Does anyone else have any ideas on venting or help with the noise or will my suggestions even work?? Some advice would be much appreciated guys ty.

Just now, Hydro smoker uk said:

an can't hang ducting out the window due to nosey annoying neighbours.

lol none of us do that mate

you could run the exhaust to another room for now, but when the autumn comes it might be a condensation issue, so for now that's fine, but you will need a way to vent directly outside, so depends on how long you want to be growing through each year

Mate im strictly outdoors  / indoor virginity intact lol     So please excuse this if its a dumb question  , usually is  lol     

Cant these systems be rigged to recirculate ,  even venting to atmosphere but still recylcling  ,   sorry if its a dumb ass question & apologies of jumping in on the thread  dude ,  may be of to you though. 

Just now, OldFord said:

Cant these systems be rigged to recirculate

i wish, you would need to extract the moisture, heat and add co2, would cost a bomb

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

Just now, ratdog said:

i wish, you would need to extract the moisture, heat and add co2, would cost a bomb

Cheers mat , :yep:      Wasnt sure if you could  vent either side via a vent box and stilll have 2 workable  systems  ,   the vent box letting one breathe and one vent ,   just how i seen it and no question too dumb ,  if you dont know you dont know lol   

• Like 1

Just vent into another room with a window open.

As for keeping it quiet, step your duct size up a size or two. IE if you're running 6", use a 10 - 6" reducer backwards and run a length of 10" duct. This lowers the pressure in the duct line and reduces the force at which air leaves the ducting. Most of the problem sounds of an extraction set up are at the ends of the system - the filter end is typically quieter because the air has to spread over a larger surface area to enter the duct.

• Like 9

So don't buy a silencer? I really need to try to be as quiet as possible. An have already got 10m of 6" ac infinity black durable ducting. Should I change it out? But don't have either size of reducer as I never honestly use one. Waiting on my rhino hobby filter arriving an was going to order silencer why I was waiting. Thanks also for your guys input. 

@Hydro smoker uk A silencer works by slowing down the air as its going through it, but that usually means your fan has to work harder to move the same amount of air it would've moved without the silencer on a lower fan speed - not really solving the issue of air blasting out of the end of the duct line, and tbh only serves to make MORE noise. I personally wouldn't bother with a silencer, and I know 10m of 10" ducting and a 10 - 6" reducer is loads cheaper than a silencer - with the money you saved you could actually buy a decent filter - rhino hobbys are only good for a crop or 2 before they need replacing, costing you more in the long run.

• Like 1

I run a 10" fan in my 1.2 x 1.2 tent, it is way over kill!!!

But I replaced a little 6" fan, which was screaming and making lots of noise, the 10" fan is just bumbling along turned down pretty low, it is much quieter.

I also use 10" ducting, it's just more space to let the air flow out, I figured that if you open your mouth wide and exhale quickly it's quiet, if you close your mouth and purse your lips you whistle loudly.

• Like 1

Get a big sheet of greenhouse poly carb, tape it around the opening of a window that you leave cracked open and cut a hole for the ducting to mount to. Can even keep the curtain/blind drawn if you set the poly carb back far enough. If anyone notices it just looks like a portable AC vent.  

Stick this exactly phrase into fleaBay and you'll see what I mean

Window seal kit for portable air conditioner or tumble dryer: 150/125/100mm hose

E2A saying that though you wouldn't be the first person to cut a hole in their ceiling and then just patch it up every time there's an inspection. If you keep the piece you cut out and get some colour match paint it's not a lot of work. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

E2A saying that though you wouldn't be the first person to cut a hole in their ceiling and then just patch it up every time there's an inspection. If you keep the piece you cut out and get some colour match paint it's not a lot of work. 

I've lost count of the number of holes I've made in rented accommodation over the years, my 6" holesaw is very well used.

• Like 1

Yeah mate, I bet half the rental properties in the country have a circle of plasterboard being held up by 2 bits of batton somewhere lol

• Like 2

Ozoners & heppa filters might help, but as others said you need to find a way to vent outside without making it obvious, chimney? Bathroom fan outlet? ive even seen people do ventilation out of a kitchen extractor fan, loads of ways of doing it, just got to get creative ;)

i have seen broken outside ac fan units put on a wall outside.....

and there is just a hose to outside....behind it...

ppl expect noice and warmair from such a unit....  :) 

can buy them cheap for scrap price :) ,,,,

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 4