Carbon filter when trimming

Jamoo

Has anybody used a carbon filter in the room they trim in and did it help?I can’t trim in my tent as I have a living soil bed in there so I’m thinking of buying a fan and filter just for this.It will have to recirculate as I can’t vent it outside but I’m sure it’s going to stop the whole house stinking!!!!

It will definitely help, my mate used to use one for smoking in his flat, just a fan and filter hanging of a clothes rack, worked really well. 

Or you could must open your tent door and put your fan on full blast. 

• Like 2

It's a must,even with filter I keep my windows shut and i could swear it still reeks out,am in montage house so my neighbors are 2ft from me and whole process is no fun.

• Like 2

I think this is one of the most undermentioned ways people get busted,

On trimming days you can literally smell it down the whole street, get an ONA diffuser or similar to use also

• Like 1

Agree. DO NOT TRIM OR CURE WITHOUT A FILTER

Burped my tubs this morning in the garden and the outside reeked and so did the house for about half the day.

Its worse than a growing smell, those terps when drying are a killer

• Like 2

This is why i trim post 1am in the morning, Less people about/awake, and gives me time to burn a load of incense sticks before most people wake up lol.

My mate has a really big grow space and uses the CF when trimming inside the room, He draws fresh air in from outside but it gets exhausted into a room down stairs. He says it works very well.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 4

When I lived in the UK, I would try and trim on days when it was raining, I believe (I am probably wrong btw) that smells don't travel as far when it's raining, but a filter will definitely help.

• Like 4

I had a bit of paranoia set in a year or two ago and installed a fan and filter in my shed. It’s only an old rvk I started out with, but does the job and i have peace of mind. :yep:

On 20/06/2023 at 7:18 AM, Arbre Medicinal said:

When I lived in the UK, I would try and trim on days when it was raining, I believe (I am probably wrong btw) that smells don't travel as far when it's raining, but a filter will definitely help.

Nah you're bang on it doesn't, I can't remember the science behind it but I've seen stuff to support that too. Quite handy seeing as it's 90 percent rainy season here lol

• Like 1

When it rains, the splashing water releases negative ions which can bind to positive terpene ions, ie smell so even running a cold shower nearby will work

I use an ioniser, which produces ozone [O3] which has the same effect

That clean smell after a thunder storm is O3

Edited by Growings
  • Like 3

On 21/06/2023 at 5:50 PM, Growings said:

use an ioniser, which produces ozone [O3]

what do you use an ioniser for, is it something to do with environment temps?; humidity... both?

mystic

Just now, mysticriver said:

what do you use an ioniser for,

It produces negative ions which cling onto positive ions in the air and take them to earth...

Smell is made up of positive ions so an ioniser helps to clear the air, I wouldn't rely on one compared to a carbon filter though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

It produces negative ions which cling onto positive ions in the air and take them to earth...

Smell is made up of positive ions so an ioniser helps to clear the air, I wouldn't rely on one compared to a carbon filter though.

My ioniser has both a HEPA and a carbon filter built in too, it's pretty effective

• Like 1