Growing in a trough?

Moonstone420

I'd say Fatboy is doing alright  with the numbers he pulls myself. lol

:yinyang:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@mysticriver

Never cut through a node...Best place is just below...

You can take cuttings from branches where there are no nodes.

Just take the cutting in your usual way and scrape a little of the surface area off the stem, this is where the roots will form.

When it comes to trimming leaves I always do, the plant has no need of them until roots are formed.

There has to be a balance between roots and leaves, I'd rather have less of an imbalance to begin with.

Opinion is sharply divided on this one so it's what works for you.

I trim the leaves purely to gain more space in my clone box. Did it a few times with full leaves, and the waste of space pissed me off. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fatboy77 said:

Gszz has been hassled enough by me that he knows I want to keep improving.  He's right, I'm lazy on things with numbers.

And I can't replicate my numbers in a bigger space for some reason, not sure why.

In a 1.5x1.5 I can beat 2g per watt every time.  I can't get past 1.5g in the bigger tent, even using more light.

Looks like I might need to get the calculator out.

That's a beautiful GPW mate.

Is that with a specific strain, or just generally. 

Either way, very impressive!  

• Like 1

I found similar but the opposite, going from open room growing to smaller tent growing, took ages to get things to where I needed them in a tent in comparison to open growing, weird how stuff works out when you think it'd be easier isn't it.

I'm shit at math too, so I just let me plant tell me if their happy or not lol

:yinyang:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moonstone420 said:

I trim the leaves purely to gain more space in my clone box

Yup...I forgot to mention that bonus...:yep:

• Like 1

All you need brother.. :yinyang:

Keep things within ranges that have been published for decades and that's all you really need to do, with led all that is different really  is you gotta watch the light levels, which I guess is  what  gszz is on about on a more accurate level, which can't harm things if you can be arsed.

I'd say I haven't got a calculator  but I have one in my hand right now isnet!

lol

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 1

just shows how we all do things differently in here

and whatever works for one might not for another. I could start going on with myself explaining and giving reasons as to why but I'll leave it to the better growers in here

each to there own I think the saying goes

@Moonstone420, done it a few times now, from seed and clones. As others have said, of it's all the same strain, should be fine. :yep: The extra headspace is useful in smaller grow areas.

Also grown in washing up bowls with good results.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crow River said:

@Moonstone420, done it a few times now, from seed and clones. As others have said, of it's all the same strain, should be fine. :yep: The extra headspace is useful in smaller grow areas.

Also grown in washing up bowls with good results.

Yeah thinking about it a bit more, rockwool slabs are even flatter and wider, and they do great.

Cheers :) 

• Like 1