Using a grow tent to smoke

BigSmokeyy

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has advice on smoking discreetly in the house. I have a small box room and I was advised to throw a grow tent and carbon filter in there and smoke in the tent. Currently can’t smoke anywhere near my house or my neighbours will have me. 

The only problem I’ve got is, I need something inconspicuous. I was told on another forum I could just grab a tent and  carbon fan and start smoking without the need for ducting but all the tents I’ve looked at have 2 holes, obviously for the ducting. Any help/advice is much appreciated 

All very well filtering the smoke but where is it going to? 

You need an extraction fan with ducting at each side the externally expelled air needs to go somewhere - the attic maybe?

The extract ducting on the inside can be sited in front and above you to suit your position and thereby maximising the removal of smoke.

Then a small length of ducting to bring air in from outside the tent.

There is no such thing as a noiseless extractor by the way, but it would only be heard indoors.

• Like 1

I remember once going under smoking some particularly smelly weed. I always have a spare fan and filter (infact I’m one of those that accumulates shit so I’ve a few) so I just got a lickle 4” fan n filter and had a length of ducting with the fan sucking though it and out the filter. It’s hardly ideal since there’s not much suction so you have to hold yer banger to the ducting but did the job in my case. A few times I’ve deployed a smoking filter now, means to an end innit.

• Like 3

I find filters don't take away all the smell of smoke, the smoke still actually comes out the other end of the filter and still has a bit of a smell. No problem with my filters or anything, no smell from plants but smoke always gets through 

Edited by MySoulIsMine
  • Like 2

Have you ever considered swopping over to vaping. You could vape in the house without no one knowing if you use a convection vape. Conduction ones do smell a bit I find. By the time you buy a tent, extractor and carbon filter you could buy a good vape. Other benefits are you'll use less weed (after awhile), you'll get a much cleaner high and it's possibly better for your health.

I'd find the whole consumption experience spoiled by sitting in a tent to have a smoke myself.

• Like 6

It would probably be cheaper to get a private prescription for weed, and then show all your neighbours you have got it. Then they wouldn't be able to complain about it 

Yeah the room says Smokey but It definitely takes the weed edge off. You have to remember that the smoke will drift from yer banger if you don’t hold it near. Also when I’ve deployed it after the horse has bolted somewhat the smell has lessened dramatically in the kitchen where I was huffing but the stairs n landing will still smell like I was sat there rippin a bong. 

I remember a dealer trying to sell me ‘Odourless’ straight off the boat when I was a youngster. Apparently it was ‘that strong you can’t smell it’ lol 

47 minutes ago, somelad said:

It would probably be cheaper to get a private prescription for weed, and then show all your neighbours you have got it. Then they wouldn't be able to complain about it 

lol 

Thats a daft idea tbh as they would deffo still be able to complain. And there are caveats on a prescription iirc about using in public spaces. This would prob also include smell/smoke/vapour drifts away from your private dwelling. 

Prescription panacea does not exist imo.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

I go out for a walk to smoke my daily blunt so I don't stink out my cul de sac, and then dry herb vape in the evenings that smells less.

What so you have to sneak around to smoke a joint outside your house. 

What is the problem with smoking it outside ? 

Fuck your neighbours 

Although I do agree with that military grade a bigger part of me says be the change you want to see. It seems to have worked in my area 

• Like 1

When I lived with housemates a couple years back an old dear a few doors away always complained that our yard stunk.

One of the lads was giving it the Billy big spuds about fuck her fuck this fuck that, I decided to just knock her door, apologise, explain I didn't realise it yenged the street out and she was cool with it! Probably helped that I offered to trim her bushes next time I was out doing ours.

Saying that though, I tried the same approach with my mom's next door when I lived back at hers for a while... He's just a dickhole though. Thinks he's superior as he bought his council house. Jokes on him, you still live on an estate 

• Like 1

I waffled there without really saying anything helpful sorry lol

All I'm saying is don't write off just being polite to your neighbours. That old dear was an absolute gem after that and even conceded "I'd rather quiet and stinky boys like you than loud drunks" 

• Like 1

Make sure you get XXL tent so you can fit telly inside :smokin:

Carbon filter at 250m3 and 3inch rkv should do the trick? Or maybe stronger like 4' if sound is not the issue?

I don't think you will need tent is you set proper ventilation,my mate did it for same reason,installed carbon filter and fan on ceiling with cubed piece of metal ducting, painted it all you couldn't even figure its there.

• Like 1