Help! Voles destroying all my plant outs!

Hole in the clouds

They seem to like the freshly planted ones and then leave them alone after that. Lots are unaffected as I’m assuming they don’t seem to venture far past they burrows? Most that got chewed have grown back into multiheaded plants bushing out. I lost all my autos and around 3-4 of the photoperiods completely. If I use this plot next year I’m going to have to have a think. Maybe cage the holes completely with smaller mesh so they can’t bury under? I wonder if they would just climb the cage? Or just call in the Daleks. 

• Like 3

@DutchFox you have been around a couple of seasons now and give out plenty of sound advice but when do we get to see 1 of your grows mate? Seen you drop loads of pics but most are of others work, id like to see what you got going on this season..i don't recall seeing any of your grows documented but apologise if I've been looking in the wrong place :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 3

@Hole in the clouds 

your plant is topped but there is still a lot of life in the plant.

the strenght is in the soil ...it can still grow a big plant if its a foto :)

large.IMG_9777.jpeg

so dont dig the plant up.... :) 

this plant is not lost.. :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

@DutchFox

Think that one is dead now, mickey came back for dessert! lol 

Have a look at my diary mate there’s some  that have grown back well nice little multi head bushes. 
Did lose a few photoperiods and all of my autos but yeah didn’t take long for some of them to re-grow once they build a few leaves back. That’s the thing the rootball is still there think they just need a bit of energy and they’re off again. 

Edited by Hole in the clouds
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

This Freezeland has grown back. 

large.IMG_9857.jpeg

Had them eaten down to just a few leaves by rabbits early in the season, they still came good and grew to 6ft.

• Like 5

gallery_22583_10326_3020282.jpg

here you see a plant which was topped by deer ...

still she grew 1.80 cm tall :) 

our plant is a strong weed......hard to kill :):) 

• Like 2