Amnesia & Double Grape x Skywalker

mystic_roots

2 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

That’s a good point, I think I’ll start to do the same but how often do you feed? 

If you're using bottled feed then you could either feed every second watering or reduce the amount to feed with every watering. Up to you really but if you're giving them the same as you are now over the period of a week, for example then you should be fine.

• Like 1

Well here we are on day 37, I’m impressed with how many main colas I’ll be getting, scrogging has certainly helped but I think next grow I can utilise the full area by correct LSTing! They still seem healthy and are drinking well, I’m keeping nutes relatively low at 1.5ml per L, I will gradually increase that but I seem to be doing better so far, let’s hope I’ve not jinxed myself. 

large.IMG_6645.jpeg

In about a weeks time I will clip everything under the net and will get a small fan in for some airflow, I will also snip any branches that are flowering but covered as they will use energy and only produce popcorn buds at best. Not a completely even canopy but not bad for a first try. 

large.IMG_6646.jpeg

• Like 4

Day 44

I’ve been a bit of defoliation lately, pretty much everything under the scrog net has been removed and a few big top leaves at the top which were covering other bud sites. They both seem healthy, they’re taking 2L every other day and 0.5L in between. Currently just feeding her 2ml of Bloom per L and there is a small bit of nute burn but nothing too serious. 

large.IMG_6668.jpeg

Also been playing a bit with a macro lense, only a cheap clip on thing for the phone but it’s not too bad. As they start to fatten up I’ll be getting the loupe out to track the trich’s but she’s got a fair way to go yet. 

large.IMG_6669.jpeg

I need to find what I can use the leafs for from the trim as they still have a few sticky areas, seems a shame to waste them. 

• Like 4

Day 52, not much to report really. They’re slowly starting to fatten up so I increased the nutrients a little bit, which the Amnesia didn’t like so I’ve dialled her back down to 1.5ml per L as she’s got a bit of bite burn on the tips. The DG X Skywalker is taking just over 2ml per L and they’re both drinking well. 

did a fair bit more defoliating, removing smaller branches that have popcorn bud in order to allow more air flow through the canopy as I have a bit of an obsession with preventing any bud rot or mould appearing. Temps are a steady 30 at the moment and I have a new AC Infinity oscillating fan coming as the one on the floor isn’t particularly brilliant. I don’t know if I’ll put it above the canopy or below it as I have a static one on the top. 

large.IMG_6717.jpeglarge.IMG_6718.jpeglarge.IMG_6719.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I might have neglected the diary a little but not a whole lot has happened, sitting on day 76 now which is a little longer than I expected. The Amnesia is showing signs of deficiency with brown spots and yellowing leaves, I think this is due to me giving it nute burn early on and I dialled it right back but haven’t been increasing it much. I have now hopefully rectified it to stop it getting any worse. The DG X Skwalker is looking lovely, extremely sparkly and perhaps the most frosted I’ve ever been able to accomplish. 

Both plants are getting 3ml of Organix Bloom per litre but I am guessing another week or two left until harvest, I think the Amnesia may take longer unless it suddenly sprints to the finish, she’s developing a lot of white pistols still. 

large.IMG_6822.jpeglarge.IMG_6823.jpeglarge.IMG_6824.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Fallen into the trap of life getting in the way and not updating my diary! 

I harvested the top colas from the DG x Skywalker a while back to allow the lower buds to ripen up a little more. With the amnesia it was very hard to tell when to chop as the buds seem wrapped on leafs, I’ve never had a plant grow buds like that and it was a royal pain in the arse to trim it due to the sheer amount of leafs! 

They’re all jarred now and I’m burping them twice a day at the minute and they stink to high heaven so I think the upgraded fan and not using boveda packs helps a lot. 3 jars on the left are the DG x Skywalker and the ones on the right and close up shot are the amnesia. 

Fun part was trying them, although they’re not fully dried I couldn’t resist.  Oth me and a friend had the same feeling, they both knock your socks off and the amnesia, well that’ll put you out cold, so despite some fucks ups I’m fairly happy with what I got from them. Roll on next year, might try some photoperiods again. :bong:

large.IMG_0050.jpeg

large.IMG_0053.jpeg

• Like 3