Amnesia & Double Grape x Skywalker

mystic_roots

Hi folks, been a while since I've grown so I'm back for my yearly grow of learning lol 

This time I've actually chosen some freebies I've had, which are a Seedsman Amnesia and a Mephisto Double Grape x Skwalker. Thought I'd add 2 more flavours of what I haven't got to keep a nice stocked selection.

For this grow I'm also going to be upgrading my fan to a variable speed one so I can hopefully have a better drying process at the end.

First up is the Mephisto Genetics Double Grape x Skywalker with it's little runt of a root.

large.IMG_6474.jpeg

Here we have the Seedsman Amnesia, which has a bit more showing

large.IMG_6475.jpeg

Also I've owned a 3D printer for a while now so I had a bit of a tinker so at least I can easily see which is which without getting them mixed up when I swap them around (Tony Might 2 is size comparison)

large.IMG_6476.jpeg

As a final here is my current setup, just being patient in allowing the tube heater to get the temps up and the humidifier is on and set to 70% so I expect these to have settled by tomorrow. No doubt I'll have lots of questions on my journey so stay tuned :bong:

• Like 12

from 1 mystic to another...

just to let u know ive recently had 2 positive experiences with seedsman freebies - they have some nice genetics

mystic

• Like 2
11 hours ago, handysmoker said:

yeah, me too .... fancy taking orders :P

I would happily take orders but there's the issue of privacy lol 

9 hours ago, mysticriver said:

from 1 mystic to another...

just to let u know ive recently had 2 positive experiences with seedsman freebies - they have some nice genetics

mystic

That's good to hear, I see the amnesia is quite a hardy plant so hopefully it won't cause too much suffering for me and can withstand any little fuck ups I may inadvertently cause

• Like 1

Well I’m calling it day 1 today as they’ve popped their little heads up. Plus as others may have seen, new fan day. It’s so quiet and I’m looking forward to hopefully a more controlled drying process and some more stinkyness in the tent!

AC Infinity 4” with the 67 controller, humidity and temps are settling as these were taken after the doors had been open a while. 

large.IMG_6489.jpeglarge.IMG_6493.jpeg

Heres the setup, excuse the dangling ropes off the ratchets. 

large.IMG_6477.jpeg

Day 1 of the Amnesia

large.IMG_6491.jpeg

Day 1 of DG x Skywalker, she’s maybe just a tiny bit behind but very early days. Most likely no update now until a few nodes high and I start doing some LST 

large.IMG_6492.jpeg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Fatboy77 said:

I had that dehumidifier.  Lights up like a fucking Christmas tree.  My pal built a dark house for it from an amazon box, control flap, the lot.

It's a good job their auto's then lol I've found it relatively reliable for the early stages when they like 70% humidity but usually end up taking it out once they start getting fed. 

21 hours ago, Lubdub said:

Nice new toys :) Good luck with the run.
E2A what size pots you got there?

If memory serves me well (don't quote me though!) I think they're 11L pots, no idea where I bought them but I prefer them over the fabric pots. You have to watch out for low root temps but at this time of year with an oil rad stuck between them, they should be ok, plus they haven't got a gale force fan sucking in too much air. Love this AC Infinity so far, I think the trick to help us with our grows is good quality equipment, my old fan definitely ran way too fast for the environment. 

Edited by mystic_roots
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Bit overdue an update but nothing too exciting has happened. 

They’re on Day 25 now, both had a feeding last night, 1L each which consisted of Tanlin and Mosquito Bits for the few pesky fungus gnats left, 1ml of Intense Foundation Roots and 1ml of Organix Grow plus the 0.33ml of magnesium. 

So far I’ve not killed them, but ignore the yellow tips of the leafs, I got a bit of water on them the other week when it was stupidly hot and they burnt a little. I also managed to break the main stem towards the tip on the Amnesia, taped it back together but it didn’t stick so I’ve used 2 toothpicks and a few cable ties until it heals at which point I may remove them as I know the stem still has some growing to do!

Amnesia

large.IMG_6597.jpeg

DG x Skywalker

large.IMG_6599.jpeg

Stem fix, it snapped just above the node where the 2 branches are coming out so pain to tape really. 

large.IMG_6598.jpeg

Edited by mystic_roots
  • Like 5

Looking very happy & healthy despite you trying to smash them up lol       

Lovely looking autos sir :george:          Nice kit too !     

All the best with them 

Due an update and I have learnt something new as I’m attempting a scrog this time round. I should have really topped it and done the LST differently as I’m getting about 2 shoots through one square but I think there’s enough room for them, may use some canes to separate the colas if they get too close later in the grow. 

They’re now starting to flower, the DG x Skywalker is suffering from heat stress so now I’ve raised the light and turned the oil radiator down a tad as they’re sitting at 30. They’re drinking 1L every other day, added 0.5ml of grow now but to date they really haven’t wanted much at all, max of 1ml but I’m expecting them to start needing a good feed due to how many main colas she should grow! 

large.IMG_6629.jpeg

Im getting some browning/yellowing on lower leafs, some of which you can crumple, I’m unsure if this is possibly burn damage from water being on the leafs in earlier stages or if there’s the possibility of a deficiency developing. It’s on both plants but only on a few lower leafs, which to me sounds like deficiency, which I’m thinking could be lack of nutes but they seem healthy so far. 

large.IMG_6631.jpeg

• Like 3

Looks like how leaves look when they're about to drop due to the soil drying up. You've got to keep these Air Pots well irrigated or they dry up round the edges and lead to leaf--drop. Mine get a little every day to a day and a half to stop this from happening.  The pots are never saturated,  just swings from medium heavy to medium light.

• Like 1