Automated options

Aphatspliff

5 hours ago, sweettooth said:

awesome stuff @BushDoctoR

I'm wondering if I can male a drainhole in my 1.5m flexitray and support it in the same way, bit of silicone sealant and its a winner, no need for multiple danish or idrolab trabs, a bit of a drain filter to stop the brain pump clogging and waking me up at 3am (like its happened before lol)

nice easy manageable system to fit though the loft hatch as I'm restricted to anything 600mm wide

I don't see why not. You should be able to use a bulkhead/outlet even on a flexitray, you just need to ensure the surface is bump free (I had to cut/scrape off some ridges of my garland to get a good seal, see pic)

large.20191128_213441-1209x2487.jpg

In regards to filtering run off I don't bother as my bilge pump has a massive outlet and can handle a bit of debris, but I have a smaller modified F&D system I use to bottom feed coco pots. For that I filter the coco by using an F&D outlet and simply wrap with some fabric wadding and cable tie it up. Will see if I can find a flick on here

Edited by BushDoctoR
formatting
  • Like 3

Found a few more images from when I built it. Reposting them as people might find helpful

large.20191117_163408-1209x2487.jpglarge.20191117_165901-1209x2487.jpglarge.20191122_172851-1209x2487.jpglarge.20191122_163153-1209x587.jpg

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

@BushDoctoR great explanation and photos of your set up. looking into some drip irrigation for my next grow and I will be stealing ideas from this thread for a little 3 pot set up.

love the bilge pump idea - as I  was thinking of the same use

Cheers to op for posting and all who shared their knowledge :thumsup:

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

@BushDoctoR great explanation and photos of your set up. looking into some drip irrigation for my next grow and I will be stealing ideas from this thread for a little 3 pot set up.

love the bilge pump idea - as I  was thinking of the same use

Cheers to op for posting and all who shared their knowledge :thumsup:

No worries! Feel free to shoot any questions if you have any

3 minutes ago, BushDoctoR said:

No worries! Feel free to shoot any questions if you have any

careful - I might hold you to that