Automated options

Aphatspliff

6 hours ago, mysticriver said:

have you got one? let me see it - I really need to get something built to deal with the run-off

as oil-syringing-up the run-off takes more time than the fertigating, for me

mystic

Get a pair of rubber gloves, some lube, get yer knob reyt hard n that … *ahem* wrong recipe …. Get a pair of rubber gloves, a bucket and a car sponge. Take the syringe and snap it over your knee. Put the gloves on and get in there. Thank me later :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mysticriver said:

any chance of a picture?

mystic

Basically like a coffee table bud. I made mine out of old grow tent poles. Cut em down wi’t dremel. I used the hanging bars that come with the tent to brace up the centre. So it’s a 1m2 frame with the bracing 1/3rd in either side to sturdy it. Use wood or some ally. Some cheap ally tube and some connectors are cheap enough on’t big river or just some off cuts of wood yer can beg, steal or borrow. Sit yer danish tray on top. Bucket underneath or attach hose leading to your favoured place of disposal.

Edited by mikeydoughnut
  • Like 3

@mikeydoughnut fuck me, that's a banging idea, got so many old tent poles where ive thrown the fabric out and kept the poles, been looking at all sorts of ally box metal and connectors, was gonna cost a pretty few 00's. upcycle for pennies instead!!!

• Like 2

Mend n make do innit @sweettooth. Ideal for bracing tents to stop them sucking in, making frames to attach nets to. They can also be used to keep children in line but that’s at the users risk :) 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Put the gloves on and get in there.

atm ive got 8 pots in individual trays/saucers, think there like 450mm saucers, you saying a sponge does a quicker job?

I get 500ml+ sometimes twice that in each tray (if im lazy n just pouring it in quick like I do get a lot of run-off)

until I can build something up so I can either pull the saucers out & tip them into a bucket, or... im not sure of any other way, asking for ideas.. 

I like to be able to shuffle individual pots around, if but a little, but I suppose thats not a deal-breaker - they could be fixed permanent 

mystic

• Like 1

I’ll bet my arse it’s quicker with a sponge. 

Thing is once you work out a way of one receptacle being used to collect run off you won’t need to move your plants. The danish tray and table is the way forward. London grow always has the danish trays in stock. If you get on it you’ll be capturing your run off in a bucket by Sunday. Just one trip then to dump yer bucket.

Failing a danish just use a deep garland tray and a couple of plumbing odds n ends to make a waste trap. 

• Like 2

The Titan wet n dry vac from screwfix - they are/were about £40 for the smallest one. A brilliant thing to have around. Even doubles up as a household vacuum too lol .

Fecking cost of living....£50 now. But they are a good bit of kit. Loads of trades/builders use them...if it's not Henry then its one of these...and the reason is cheap/cheerful and they actually bloody well work and do a great job on stuff that would kill a lot of your £300+ vacs

Edited by Diddy
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Get a pair of rubber gloves, some lube, get yer knob reyt hard n that … *ahem* wrong recipe

Just paid a mate for a drink/beer festival - read this before i did so, put me in the mood so the payment ref is gimp mask....posted the confirmation on our wee group of 10 that are going lol .

• Like 1

lol @Diddy I bet they’re wondering what weekend they’re in for eh!…. I found it funny but I don’t think anyone else did. For the record though. Rubber gloves and lube do make for a tremendous hand shandy :) 

• Like 1

The organizer is cool and we have been mates for 30+ years. A dirty bast in his younger days just like myself lol . Now he is exactly the same humour-wise when he is with a select group which is about 3 of us lol but with these other guys he is the super successful middle-class management type with 2 kids wife is same both very good jobs - He essentially lives two life's lol . He is a really top lad - I just think it's time for the others to realise we are not middle-class twats lol

It's a wee whatsapp group and I have just checked and they have all seen/read it apart from the man himself lol. If any of them turn their nose up then I will go buy a gimp mask for the event lol

• Like 1

Just now, Diddy said:

I just think it's time for the others to realise we are not middle-class twats lol

Well when you’ve had a belly full at the beer festival and yer both singing ‘we are the champions’ with yer cocks out maybe the penny will drop lol 

Just now, Diddy said:

If any of them turn their nose up then I will go buy a gimp mask for the event lol

I’ve got a spare. I can PO BOX it to joolz if he doesn’t mind forwarding it on ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

London grow always has the danish trays in stock.

Cos they're the official distributors in the UK now, PROGROW used to be the place to get all the sizes iirc but when PROGROW and London Grow split, London Grow got the tables. I think you can still get the 1m danish trays and maybe smaller from progrow (and thus your local grow shop) but when it comes to the bigger sizes its london grow only. Top spinners and stuff come from progrow and global air supplies so still easily accessible. 

For anyone looking at those 1m x 2m trays, there is a £50 surcharge on the delivery because they have to come on a pallet, worth baring in mind and perhaps not get them delivered to your house lol. I got mine delivered to work, and I managed to get them in my car (that was a fun drive home lol) 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, GSZZ said:

Cos they're the official distributors in the UK now, PROGROW used to be the place to get all the sizes iirc but when PROGROW and London Grow split, London Grow got the tables. I think you can still get the 1m danish trays and maybe smaller from progrow (and thus your local grow shop) but when it comes to the bigger sizes its london grow only. Top spinners and stuff come from progrow and global air supplies so still easily accessible. 

For anyone looking at those 1m x 2m trays, there is a £50 surcharge on the delivery because they have to come on a pallet, worth baring in mind and perhaps not get them delivered to your house lol. I got mine delivered to work, and I managed to get them in my car (that was a fun drive home lol) 

that's all good to know

I looked on the London grow site. so its essentially a tray with a drainage hole - the bottom'll prolly be slanted so the water goes to the drainage?

& u have to tell 'em if you want them to drill the hole, otherwise it comes not-drilled [an do that bit ur self]

was thinking last night, an 'ally frame would be the biz... big enough so the 450mm tray can slide underneath

& if they're independent, I still can move them if I need to - the wanting movement is more about being able to move a couple of front ones out of the way to fertigate the rears, & fine tuning the position once they all put on size

it could also be 4 double [rectangle] tables, 2 for each 1.2m2 area, 1 at the front the other at the back

ive got 8 metal grills cut from metal mesh [same spec mesh as notorious B.U.D uses for his scrog screen], thick sturdy stuff to stand the fabric pots on so they drain through

mystic

edit- sorry to the OP for hyjscking the thread by the way my manners leave a lot sometimes..

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

the bottom'll prolly be slanted so the water goes to the drainage?

The tray is flat. Make your table with a very slight incline. Like you would a patio so liquid runs to the drain.

u have to tell 'em if you want them to drill the hole,

Only takes two seconds. On my 1m x 1m there’s three ‘template’ holes if you like. I couldn’t find my hole saw so I just drilled around it and pushed the centre out. Don’t forget to get a drain kit with it. You get a rubber grommet and a threaded trap and ‘nut’. This allows you to connect a hose underneath the tray should you be lucky enough to be able to run it to a drain.

Can I ask why you want to move your plants about? Mobility? Just plain old reach? Instead of taking Mohammed to the mountain bring the mountain to him innit. Moving plants is a shit. You risk damaging them. Especially in flower with big heavy buds on and that. Let’s solve the need to move plants in order to water? 

edit- sorry to the OP for hyjscking the thread by the way my manners leave a lot sometimes

We’re all learning bud. Every days a school day as they say. I’m sure the OP appreciates it :) 

Edited by mikeydoughnut

that's all good to know

I looked on the London grow site. so its essentially a tray with a drainage hole - the bottom'll prolly be slanted so the water goes to the drainage?

Just now, mikeydoughnut said:

The tray is flat. Make your table with a very slight incline. Like you would a patio so liquid runs to the drain.

I forgot to mention FDP do the top spinners too.

The tray is flat, but I haven't got mine on inclines as it works on water finding its level. The inclined drainage bit (I got a 16mm core drill bit to drill the holes) is lower than the channels, which are lower than the plants even though its only tiny it drains perfectly no pooling whatsoever.

was thinking last night, an 'ally frame would be the biz... big enough so the 450mm tray can slide underneath

I had never seen the trays before (only pictures) before I ordered them so I wasn't sure how rigid they were gonna be (not very rigid at all, less than a Garland tray). When you're putting your frame together, put some cross sections in it so theres something under the middle of the tray to stop it sagging. I ended up just using some insulation board as I didn't have the foresight when buying the bits for the frame and they were easy to get into the car at wickes (turned out a good idea though as the heater is under the table and its stopped any accidental root cooking) - its worth buying the expensive heavy duty push fit corners too, the cheaper ones are shit. One swing of the mallet and they shattered.

As for drainage I like the brain pot/condensate pump option. I prefer the brain pots as they usually have bigger pumps and drain away quicker which is handy when theres alot of water going into the brain and it risks overflowing. I've done enough wringing sponges out lol

• Like 2