Nutrient advice

pitchatent

Just now, latigid aikon said:

I just checked the most recent update of their schedule on their website and it's the same as it's always been, it shows grow OR fishmix being used throughout flower alongside bloom. There is an arrow between grow and fishmix which means use one or the other.

Or there is OT1's guide which also uses grow and bloom in flower:

That's what I thought it meant but when I complained about biobizz a few posters said that you needed to use both and bloom after wk3, maybe I misread & they actually meant one of gow/fishmix & bloom.

It's why I like intense organix, it seems to have everything you need in the one bottle, you can then add foundation & runzyme if you want, the last 2 are optional but I saw a difference when I used them on my 2nd organix run.

Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

It's why I like intense organix, it seems to have everything you need in the one bottle

no calcium or magnesium, so shite for soft water.

most nutes are shite like that these days tbh

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1
Just now, ratdog said:

no calcium or magnesium, so shite for soft water.

My water is rock hard.

• Like 1

It's clearly written on their schedule (I'm currently using biobizz nutes). They also recommend to use fishmix for veg and grow when switching to flowering.

• Like 1
Just now, ratdog said:

lucky you.

Not really. It's not because your water's hard that you have the correct Ca/Mg ratio. Mine is very hard, but I have to add mono Mg because the high Ca alone seems to mess with the other nutrients absorption.

Just now, ratdog said:

lucky you.

You say that but when I first started & made the usual newbie mistakes for ages I thought it was my water bing hard that was the problem, which meant I took longer to realise my mistakes, even thought about getting a water softener lol

You starting feeding which made it grow, which in turn needs more nitrogen for the new growth. I would start of fish mix like already explained 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

That's what I thought it meant but when I complained about biobizz a few posters said that you needed to use both and bloom after wk3, maybe I misread & they actually meant one of gow/fishmix & bloom.

The only way that would work is if you used half doses of grow and fishmix so the total nitrogen is the same.

2 minutes ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

It's why I like intense organix, it seems to have everything you need in the one bottle,

Same here, I still use fishmix though.

Just now, ratdog said:

fwiw i fucking love fishmix :yahoo:

Me too, just have to be careful with it as it is available to the plant much faster than organic grow nutes normally are. Plus it stinks so you donb't want to be spilling any... Have you tried Biobizz calmag? It's the only one I've seen that is just cal and mag, no nitrogen or anything else so you can use it at any stage from seedling to full flower.

• Like 1
Just now, latigid aikon said:

Have you tried Biobizz calmag? It's the only one I've seen that is just cal and mag, no nitrogen or anything else so you can use it at any stage from seedling to full flower.

i've been using epsoms with good results, and have bought some chempak calcium dissolvable powder to try, i've been using their no 3 and no8 N and flower in the garden, it's good stuff, so will document it in my next diary.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, pitchatent said:

100% power 20-22” away from the light at present

should I wait until the soil is more dry before giving them a good feed or should I feed them now even if it means watering them again?

Too much light too close for such small plants. Take it up to 70cm.

I'm going to guess the soil stays wet for more than a day. So wait for just over a day until you watered last, and then water 5% of the pot volume every other day, with feed. Wait an extra day if the soil is still wet, its up to you to learn the balance of each grow and how often to water. 

Good job on diving in :yep:

46 minutes ago, MonkeyBlazed said:

Why not try beanstalks solution for cal/mag . It’s slow release.

i have, it's loaded with nitrogen

Thanks so much to everyone for your help and assistance!

It’s dark time just now, when lights go back on I’ll check the soil and if it’s dry or nearly dry I’ll go for the 3ml per litre of grow and bloom nutes and give it a water, and will raise my light slightly / reduce the dimmer to 75% until the plants recover a bit and show some more growth

Will post updates on the progress, thank you all again! 

• Like 2