Nutrient advice

pitchatent

large.9109550D-6FA8-4AE7-A92F-65C41966477F.pnglarge.8EF4C36A-9A89-40E3-B05F-C61A0B7B04AD.jpeglarge.649ABC39-C1E1-450A-AD6C-2A401BCCD0A6.pngThanks in advance for all help!

I’ve got two auto flowers growing - the one on the left is 1 week older than the one on the right (left plant is about 5 weeks old, right plant is about 4 weeks) - Both potted with canna professional soil.

I’ve watered with pure water until the last 5-7 days at which point the oldest plant (on the left) was given a 1ml per 2litres water dose of biobizz grow.

The plant I gave a small amount of nutrients to has changed colour considerably in the last 2-3 days - before that the growth was very rapid, going from a small seedling to what it is now, but the change in colour to light green is concerning me.  Has it reacted badly to the nutes or is it begging for more?

Previous grows I’ve used bigger pots than I’m currently using and typically went full autoflower grows without any nutes at all so I’m very inexperienced with feeding.

Hope some can give advice or opinions, many thanks!

Edited by pitchatent
  • Like 1

Looks quite hungry to me. The other one seems to start to be hungry too, older leaves are yellowing. Your environment's OK ?

Edited by purepotstill
  • Like 2

You need grow, bloom and fishmix don't you ?

Not the best guy to give advice on biobizz though as I binned it off after less than half a bottle lol

Edited by Rhubarb & Flustered
Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

You need both grow and fishmix don't you ?

No, one or the other.

In flower they recommend grow (OR fishmix) AND bloom.

• Like 3
Just now, purepotstill said:

Looks quite hungry to me. The other one seems to start to be hungry too, older leaves are yellowing. Your environment's OK ?

I think the environment is ok, temps seem fine, using a viparspectra xs1500 

I’m not sure what size pots I’m using exactly but they’re smaller than I’ve used before and both plants grew considerably quickly over the last 2 weeks, perhaps they have used up all the soil nutrients and I do need to feed them some more grow nutes?

You need both grow and fishmix don't you ?

Not the best guy to give advice on biobizz though as I binned it off after less than half a bottle lol

I only have biobizz grow and bloom nutes at present - I’ve previously let my autoflower a grow in bigger pots and haven’t added any nutes at all, just used what was in the terra professional soup mix I put in the pots, I’m very inexperienced with nutes and feeding so I’ll look into fish mix, thank you!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pitchatent said:

given a 1ml per 2litres water dose of biobizz grow.

hardly worth the effort mate, boost that to 3ml grow and 3ml bloom for a couple of feeds for the yellow one, and 3ml bloom 2ml grow for the better looking one

per litre!

• Like 4
Just now, latigid aikon said:

No, one or the other.

In flower they recommend grow (OR fishmix) AND bloom.

Not on their schedule they don't but they will already be in flower won't they, being autos and having flowers showing.

Should listen to leigid and not me though Pitch.

Good luck mate :hippy:

• Like 1
Just now, pitchatent said:

I only have biobizz grow and bloom nutes at present

That's all you need really, they look like they are more than ready for a bit more grow and some bloom to me but I'm not an auto grower and I think autos need less nutes than photos so you should be careful.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, pitchatent said:

I only have biobizz grow and bloom nutes at present - I’ve previously let my autoflower a grow in bigger pots and haven’t added any nutes at all, just used what was in the terra professional soup mix I put in the pots, I’m very inexperienced with nutes and feeding so I’ll look into fish mix, thank you!

Like I said I'm not the best person to be giving biobizz advice, love the soil (lightmix) but dislike the nutes.

Edited by lildaveham
Removed offsite link
  • Like 1

Hey man I think you've got a multitude of issues going on here. 

The plants are small so that makes me look at the lighting and watering. And your plants look overwatered. 

They are 4-5 weeks old and in a soil that only holds enough nutes for the first 3-4 weeks. And although your plants are small, I think the overwatering has washed the soil of its feed by this point. 

Also, they are flowering now. So their needs have shifted from grow to bloom feed. I would be feeding them both grow and bloom, but as Rhubarb has mentioned, fishmix is probably a better bet for this stage of growth in autos. 

I would feed the fuck out of them at this point, and get a better watering practice or else every thing is compromised. 

How far away is your light and what's it set to?

• Like 2

Not on their schedule they don't

I just checked the most recent update of their schedule on their website and it's the same as it's always been, it shows grow OR fishmix being used throughout flower alongside bloom. There is an arrow between grow and fishmix which means use one or the other.

Or there is OT1's guide which also uses grow and bloom in flower:

Once you are on 12/12 start feeding 1 ml of both grow and bloom to a litre of water.

At about week 2 of flowering change the mix to 1 ml grow and 2 ml bloom per litre.

At week 3 [21 days] a one off feed of a heaped table spoon of epsom salts per 10 litres add to that 1 ml of grow and 2 ml of bloom.

Round the 4 week mark, the mix is 1ml gr and 3 ml bl.

Once you start to see browning of pistils change to 2 ml gr and 1 ml bl keep with that till the end.

• Like 2
Just now, Lubdub said:

Hey man I think you've got a multitude of issues going on here. 

The plants are small so that makes me look at the lighting and watering. And your plants look overwatered. 

They are 4-5 weeks old and in a soil that only holds enough nutes for the first 3-4 weeks. And although your plants are small, I think the overwatering has washed the soil of its feed by this point. 

Also, they are flowering now. So their needs have shifted from grow to bloom feed. I would be feeding them both grow and bloom, but as Rhubarb has mentioned, fishmix is probably a better bet for this stage of growth in autos. 

I would feed the fuck out of them at this point, and get a better watering practice or else every thing is compromised. 

How far away is your light and what's it set to?

Thanks so much for taking the time to offer some advice!

my light (viparspectra1500) is on 100% power (it has a dimmer switch) and the plants are about 20-22” away from the light at present, they’re on an 18/6 light / dark schedule

i did think perhaps I’d overwatered - should I wait until the soil is more dry before giving them a good feed or should I feed them now even if it means watering them again?

really appreciate everyone’s help, thank you all for your time!