Keeping autos small

rolio

Just now, Idicanna jones said:

large.DSC_0488_copy_1500x2000.jpg

Same 4l pot I think

Stunning for such a small pot

Fair play to you.

I've got a pack of W.W. photos here, and it's tempting to drop one in lol

No I should imagine the veg time should naturally coincide with the shortening of daylight hours. Maybe even leave it a week or 2. I only do the light dep to cheat nature, and because it works well with my daily routine. 

• Like 1

That was a random seed from Poland. Just drying some seedstockers white widow auto from the garden. Smell is unreal

• Like 1

That was a random seed from Poland. Just drying some seedstockers white widow auto from the garden. Smell is unreal

I'll probably leave it for this year 

Got 12 on the go as it is, I'll just look after what I have

• Like 1

I've only done this twice .. and I said the same thing twice.... Best of luck and may the luck of the Irish shine on your harvest. Will be following along

• Like 1

I've only done this twice .. and I said the same thing twice.... Best of luck and may the luck of the Irish shine on your harvest. Will be following along

Thanks mate

And the same to you

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Shaking the plant from young everyday until the stems are woody will restrict the stretch.

well, that's a new one

Just now, ratdog said:

well, that's a new one

The cells elongate in stretch, as you know. When you shake them the cells break and form scar tissue. That's what makes plants permanently stiff. If there are enough cells broken from repeated bending, the scarred part of the branches can't stretch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CustardVape said:

I allways thought topping an auto was a no go. Have you had decent results topping them?

Indeed I have! Topping combined with LST is a good way to get autos to bush out rather than just growing one big cola. Depends on the strain to some extent, some autos are smaller, single cola dominant and probably no benefit from topping. But the larger auto strains do really well with a single topping.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

When you shake them the cells break and form scar tissue.

i don't think do mate, cells "break" all the time, it's called division.

as for stiffening

While, plants with with soft and green stems are called as herb. When the stem is young, the epidermal cells remain fresh, alive and green. As the cells turn towards maturation they become brownish due to the cellulose deposition and hardening. When matured, the cells become dead and appeared woody.16 Jul 2016

Just now, ratdog said:

i don't think do mate, cells "break" all the time, it's called division.

as for stiffening

While, plants with with soft and green stems are called as herb. When the stem is young, the epidermal cells remain fresh, alive and green. As the cells turn towards maturation they become brownish due to the cellulose deposition and hardening. When matured, the cells become dead and appeared woody.16 Jul 2016

That's different, thats cell division. I know it's not done because I see a lot of tent growers supporting their plants.  Now that I've started doing clones I can do meaningful side-by-sides.